***The Official UCSF Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

LunanS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got supplemental just now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got one too! I thought they sent it to people who meet the minimum requirements?

What do you guys put for DDS/PhD program

Whoops maybe I was wrong and just got excited haha[/QUOTE]

i got excited too, like receiving an interview...

That two week deadline tho... Happy vacation to me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay got one too! I'm a reapplicant who interviewed last year and was waitlisted so... hoping to get in this year without waitlisting haha. Let me know if anyone has any questions and I will try to help out as best I can, although I'm sure a dental student will probably pop by.

Yay got one too! I'm a reapplicant who interviewed last year and was waitlisted so... hoping to get in this year without waitlisting haha. Let me know if anyone has any questions and I will try to help out as best I can, although I'm sure a dental student will probably pop by.
Do you mind describing how the interview process was like? Did they grill you with hypothetical questions or did they want to get to know you low-key? Really early to ask this question but I just wanna get some perspective.

Do you mind describing how the interview process was like? Did they grill you with hypothetical questions or did they want to get to know you low-key? Really early to ask this question but I just wanna get some perspective.

Yeah, np! It was pretty relaxed. Everyone gets 2 individual interviews, one with a faculty and one with a student (random order). The faculty went off a script of questions (which I won't share, but they're pretty basic), and the student was more conversational. No hypothetical questions (like "What would you do in this situation" types).

Reactions: 2 users
Question for previous applicants: for the pre-req sheet, should we only list enough courses to meet the prereqs or should we list everything we have that falls under that category. For example, should I list that I've taken two semesters of orgo even though I only need 1 to fulfill the prereq?

Question for previous applicants: for the pre-req sheet, should we only list enough courses to meet the prereqs or should we list everything we have that falls under that category. For example, should I list that I've taken two semesters of orgo even though I only need 1 to fulfill the prereq?
Same question

I didn't fill out the new one yet and I don't have the old file right now but I'm pretty sure I put both my semesters since there was room.

For the prerequisites sheet, it says "1. Complete this form on a computer using only Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. (Other applications such as Apple Preview might appear compatible on your computer, but they are not compatible with our application program.)"

There's no way that's actually true, right? A PDF is a PDF is a PDF as long as it's saved as such, no?

For those who received the supplemental, when did you guys e-submit? If you guys could let me know, that'd be great. thank you

Edit: meant to ask what batch. oppps

Last edited:
Question about the "prerequisites sheet" we have to fill out for the supplementary:

It says: "You may have to enter multiple courses for some prerequisites. However, you should include only those courses that fulfill our prerequisite requirements." I'm uncertain of what this exactly means. Does this mean that even if I took both semesters of organic chemistry, I have to list only the first semester because the school only requires 4 semester units of organic chemistry?

Also, if I finished a course (didn't withdraw) and retook the course, I have to list both, correct?

Hi guys,

Do I pay the fee now, or when requested by the school?

As soon as you can, within 14 days of receiving your secondary.

Edit: accidentally replied for UNE!! :(
Do you mean UNE requires it within 14 days or UCSF?

If UCSF, I'm guessing that means I pay AFTER I get a supplemental essayy?

Do you mean UNE requires it within 14 days or UCSF?

If UCSF, I'm guessing that means I pay AFTER I get a supplemental essayy?
UCSF = 14 days
UNE = 7 days

Yes, UCSF pay when you are invited to complete their secondary

Question about the "prerequisites sheet" we have to fill out for the supplementary:

It says: "You may have to enter multiple courses for some prerequisites. However, you should include only those courses that fulfill our prerequisite requirements." I'm uncertain of what this exactly means. Does this mean that even if I took both semesters of organic chemistry, I have to list only the first semester because the school only requires 4 semester units of organic chemistry?

Also, if I finished a course (didn't withdraw) and retook the course, I have to list both, correct?

Bumping my own post so that my question can be seen. :(

Bumping my own post so that my question can be seen. :(
If you took the entire o-chem series at your university, I'd include them all.

I think what it's saying is no need to include upper div BCP except for first semester/quarter biochemistry. So don't include geology, marine biology, etc.

If you took the entire o-chem series at your university, I'd include them all.

I think what it's saying is no need to include upper div BCP except for first semester/quarter biochemistry. So don't include geology, marine biology, etc.

Gotcha, thank you for your reply. Also, if I repeated a course, do I have to list both attempts?

Gotcha, thank you for your reply. Also, if I repeated a course, do I have to list both attempts?
I am 98% sure that I read that you are supposed to. Reread the information on the page with the pre-req sheet.

Is the limit for "characters" including spaces or not including spaces...

So if I took 4 ochem courses, but only need 1 to fulfill the requirement, how many should I list?

So jealous you all got to apply here. Really wanted to end up going here but flights and everything would just be too expensive for me. Good luck everyone!

Received the supplemental today. Verified 7-7-16, mailed out 7-15-16.

Last edited:
I got the supplemental today as well, I e submitted my AADSAS in late June but my app still hasn't been mailed out because I'm still waiting on my committee letter. Not sure why or how I got it if my app hasn't even been mailed out yet, anyone know?

So there is a section on the prereq form that I have run out of space on. There are 6 slots, but I have 7 classes to list. The instructions say we can download additional copies of the prereq form if we run out of space. I tried that, but the problem is that we can only upload 1 pdf? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
ok so what I've read here about filling out the pre-req form is that you only add the classes that fulfill the requirements but nothing extra? So if i took 2 english classes that fulfill the english requirements, I don't include any other english related classes I have taken right?

If we plan on using AP credit for prerequisites, on the supplemental what do we put for Academic Institution and Year/Semester? Should we put our high school and when we actually took the test, or our undergrad and how it appears on our transcript (aka fall of my freshman year for mine)?

Received secondary today!
E submitted 6/28
Mailed Out 7/22
Received Secondary invite 7/22
oGPA: 3.6 sGPA: 3.6 AA: 24 TS: 25 PAT:22

Hope this helps those that are waiting for the supp.

If we plan on using AP credit for prerequisites, on the supplemental what do we put for Academic Institution and Year/Semester? Should we put our high school and when we actually took the test, or our undergrad and how it appears on our transcript (aka fall of my freshman year for mine)?
They provide an example for listing AP courses at the top of the page. I left out the course name, school name, and term.

So there is a section on the prereq form that I have run out of space on. There are 6 slots, but I have 7 classes to list. The instructions say we can download additional copies of the prereq form if we run out of space. I tried that, but the problem is that we can only upload 1 pdf? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey I had the same problem, using an apple computer I filled out everything on safari & saved the document & then did it again for extra classes & saved that separately, when you open the first file in preview you can click "edit > insert > page from file" and choose the second or first file depending on which one you opened then it will add the second page, then just "file > export PDF" :)

Reactions: 1 users
Btw, received mine 7/22, mailed 7/22, submitted 7/6, verified 7/18
CA resident

Also have a question. I didn't take "general psychology" but took a lower division psychology class to fulfill the GE requirement in college, I emailed them asking & realized they said to make your "best professional judgment" directly on the supplement app ..lol embarrassing. I must've overlooked their prereqs when I was researching schools to apply, just because it's a CA school & I picked them all. I graduated last year & dental assist full time so I'm wondering whether I should try to enroll in a class (maybe online?) and indicate "planned" or just hope for the best. Any current UCSF students have any thoughts? According to "ASSIST" it's not the right class to match with my school & their school. But the bottom of the supplement says "admitted applicants will be notified of complete/pending or complete/deficient" for prereqs..not sure what this mean exactly...

SO I'm not sure what to do, I don't want to pay a supplemental fee (+ $95 I already paid) just to be rejected :(

Just apply and if you get in and decide to go there take an online class before matriculation. Sort of same deal for me. They require 2 semesters of gen bio and my school doesn't have 2 classes for that, only 1. So i took A&P instead. But UCSF will absolutely not accept that for the other four hours. So if I get in and decide to go there I'll just take an intro bio class online somewhere. Which they said was fine when I asked over the phone. I'd imagine the same is true for psych.

Hmm, so are you going to list that online intro bio class in that pre-requisite sheet, or are you going to leave that out and wait until you get accepted (assuming you do)?

I guess what OP (I as well haha) was wondering was whether the school will auto-reject you solely based on the fact that you didn't list a planned pre-requisite course, or whether they'll be generous enough to accept you (if everything is else up to par) and notify you that you need to have the pre-requisites filled. For example, I need to have one more semester of English composition, but I have no idea which course and at which institution to take it, so I don't know how I can list it as a planned course...

Hmm, so are you going to list that online intro bio class in that pre-requisite sheet, or are you going to leave that out and wait until you get accepted (assuming you do)?

I guess what OP (I as well haha) was wondering was whether the school will auto-reject you solely based on the fact that you didn't list a planned pre-requisite course, or whether they'll be generous enough to accept you (if everything is else up to par) and notify you that you need to have the pre-requisites filled. For example, I need to have one more semester of English composition, but I have no idea which course and at which institution to take it, so I don't know how I can list it as a planned course...
Yeah I listed it on the pre req sheet as "planned" for the semester of spring 2017 and the school was just TBD. I didn't put it on my aadsas app because I didn't want schools to hold me accountable for it if i didn't need it. I'm literally only gonna take it if I decide to go there. Pretty unfortunate that I'll have to take an intro level bio class that I've probably already learned everything about. Wish they could just look at my DAT bio score and just waive it lol