***The OFFICIAL UConn C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the northeast preference applies to NE Florida?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the northeast preference applies to NE Florida?
I could be wrong, but I don't think I am..
When they say Northeast, I believe they are talking about Northeast of the USA, so New England and surrounding states.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got invited to interview!

Residence: MA, OOS
DAT: 23 AA 21 TS 24 PAT
GPA: 3.827, bio major
Interview Date: 9/8

App complete email received 6/19

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone gotten an interview recently? Maybe they send out interviews only on Fridays or something?

EDIT: I'm totally blind.

Last edited:
Not yet! Waiting eagerly for the invitation! Got the App complete e-mail on July 6th... Congrats to all, who have received the interview invitations so far...

OOS and not from New England either, but am praying desperately to get an invitation from UCONN +pity+

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats the both of you!! what were your stats and when did you submit your application?

Residence: MA
DAT: 22AA, 19TS, 22PAT
GPA: 3.7 Sci, 3.6 Overall
Application was confirmed on 6/22

Reactions: 2 users
I'm from the midwest. 22AA 23TS 28PAT. App complete 7/11

Does anyone know what the actual tuition prices are for UConn there seems to be differentiating information on their website. Under the tuition and fees section it appears cheaper than on the school's budget page.

Does anyone know what the actual tuition prices are for UConn there seems to be differentiating information on their website. Under the tuition and fees section it appears cheaper than on the school's budget page.
Someone asked about this in a different thread so I'm just pasting my response

the estimated budget page gives high estimates so that you can be on the safe side and not end up borrowing too little.

$22,000 for living expenses, if you are single and share an apartment with someone else, is a pretty high estimate. You should be able to keep everything in check at $1500 month (you could make this way lower depending on frugality, but $1500 is very comfortable) for all your expenses, and that would come out to $18,000 for the year, and you can always work during the summer to not have to take out that full amount.

If your parents have health insurance, you can stay on it until you're 26, which covers all of school for most people, so that knocks off that $3200 charge.

Loupes will not cost you the $3,000 on the estimates page. Mine with the light and everything were $1400 or so.

Instrument purchase is what it is; you get a kit they order for you so it's nice not to worry about finding things on your own, and it's just the price they give. Same thing with the laptop. You do not need to purchase a single book, so that's $900 more off your cost.

So from some quick math your cost of attendance should be a little less than $10,000 lower than the page provides, depending on your state of residency. So, in-state total amount borrowed, if you are paying all of your tuition and living expenses out of pocket, should be about $61,000 according to that page. You should also remember the New England tuition rate for your first year if you are from New England but not CT, and the fact that people from all 50 states get in state tuition for their final three years provided they register to vote/change their driver's license.

Hope this helps!

Someone asked about this in a different thread so I'm just pasting my response

the estimated budget page gives high estimates so that you can be on the safe side and not end up borrowing too little.

$22,000 for living expenses, if you are single and share an apartment with someone else, is a pretty high estimate. You should be able to keep everything in check at $1500 month (you could make this way lower depending on frugality, but $1500 is very comfortable) for all your expenses, and that would come out to $18,000 for the year, and you can always work during the summer to not have to take out that full amount.

If your parents have health insurance, you can stay on it until you're 26, which covers all of school for most people, so that knocks off that $3200 charge.

Loupes will not cost you the $3,000 on the estimates page. Mine with the light and everything were $1400 or so.

Instrument purchase is what it is; you get a kit they order for you so it's nice not to worry about finding things on your own, and it's just the price they give. Same thing with the laptop. You do not need to purchase a single book, so that's $900 more off your cost.

So from some quick math your cost of attendance should be a little less than $10,000 lower than the page provides, depending on your state of residency. So, in-state total amount borrowed, if you are paying all of your tuition and living expenses out of pocket, should be about $61,000 according to that page. You should also remember the New England tuition rate for your first year if you are from New England but not CT, and the fact that people from all 50 states get in state tuition for their final three years provided they register to vote/change their driver's license.

Hope this helps!
That's awesome information thanks a ton really useful! But what I was looking at is just the tuition costs. On one page it lists it as $20,572 IS, $36,001 NE, and $47,387 OOS while the other page lists $32,599 IS, $57,048 NE, and $68,786 OOS and I was just confused as to which one was the actual numbers.

That's awesome information thanks a ton really useful! But what I was looking at is just the tuition costs. On one page it lists it as $20,572 IS, $36,001 NE, and $47,387 OOS while the other page lists $32,599 IS, $57,048 NE, and $68,786 OOS and I was just confused as to which one was the actual numbers.
The second page seems more likely to be correct

Interview Invite #1

Residence: IL, OOS
DAT: 24 AA 24 TS 22 PAT
oGPA: 3.99
sGPA: 4.00
App complete email received: 7/19

Wishing everyone who is yet to receive an interview the best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
What does it mean if my app completed email was received 7/12 and I still haven't heard back yet? :#

What does it mean if my app completed email was received 7/12 and I still haven't heard back yet? :#
It means they're still reviewing and considering your app, mine was received 7/14 and haven't heard back either

Congrats to everyone that got interviews! Lowkey starting to worry now since my app was complete on 6/29

Congrats to everyone that got interviews! Lowkey starting to worry now since my app was complete on 6/29
Yeah I feel ya.. They have sent out many interview offers, but I haven't heard from them. :(

It's like every day I see a few more people with invites. Meanwhile I'm anxiously waiting with my fingers crossed and constantly checking my email haha. Really hoping for an invite soon as it's one of my top choices.

It's like every day I see a few more people with invites. Meanwhile I'm anxiously waiting with my fingers crossed and constantly checking my email haha. Really hoping for an invite soon as it's one of my top choices.
Are you from Conn, or the NE area?

Does UCONN not have a secondary application? wondering because I have not received a request though it has been awhile...

Interview #1!
Just received the email invite
Residence: NH
DAT: 22AA, 22TS, 21 PAT, 21 RC
oGPA: 3.61
sGPA: 3.42
Application finalized: 8/10

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else having a hard time finding good flights to Hartford CT? I can't seem to find any good times/prices from the mountain west. There is one flight I found coming back at a good price from BDL however takeoff is at 5pm, I doubt I would make it in time since the interview ends at 4pm. Anyway, do you guys have any tips on finding good flights? I have been trying Southwest and google flights so far...

Is anyone else having a hard time finding good flights to Hartford CT? I can't seem to find any good times/prices from the mountain west. There is one flight I found coming back at a good price from BDL however takeoff is at 5pm, I doubt I would make it in time since the interview ends at 4pm. Anyway, do you guys have any tips on finding good flights? I have been trying Southwest and google flights so far...
You should be fine with a 5pm flight out of BDL. There are ten interviewees that go two at a time for roughly 30 min interviews starting at 1pm. So unless you are the last person AND things are running behind schedule, you will get to the airport before 4:30pm, and BDL rarely has long security lines. If you email the school and tell them the only flight you can get is at 5pm, they will put you closer to the beginning, giving you ample time to get to the airport

You should be fine with a 5pm flight out of BDL. There are ten interviewees that go two at a time for roughly 30 min interviews starting at 1pm. So unless you are the last person AND things are running behind schedule, you will get to the airport before 4:30pm, and BDL rarely has long security lines. If you email the school and tell them the only flight you can get is at 5pm, they will put you closer to the beginning, giving you ample time to get to the airport

Hey thanks that is good news. What do other students do after they have been interviewed? Also is the traffic a problem from the school to the airport on a weekday?

Hey thanks that is good news. What do other students do after they have been interviewed? Also is the traffic a problem from the school to the airport on a weekday?
If you leave the school before 3:00 on a weekday you'll have pretty smooth sailing through Hartford on the way to the airport. Anything after that is playing with fire but you'd still probably be fine at 3:30. If you leave later than that even the slightest traffic will cause you to miss the flight, and that's just about when the traffic starts.

After you've interviewed you're free to go

did your aadsas status change from Application Complete to under review before receiving an interview??

Interview #1!
Just received the email invite
Residence: NH
DAT: 22AA, 22TS, 21 PAT, 21 RC
oGPA: 3.61
sGPA: 3.42
Application finalized: 8/10

did your aadsas status change from Application Complete to under review before receiving an interview??
I believe it went under review a few days after O submitted and initially saying Application Complete. I then received the invite a few days after but I don't remember the exact timeline.

Anyone on here who interviewed yesterday willing to share how it went??

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't seen much action on this thread... how's the interview? Any tips, comments, etc?

Haven't seen much action on this thread... how's the interview? Any tips, comments, etc?
It's two on one. Somewhat conversational, but be prepared to answer questions about your app, and the typical interview questions, such as why dentistry. Also, it's open file. It's not too stressful imho.

Does anyone know if they are still sending out invitations? It really feels like they haven't even looked at my application yet, even though I submitted mid July.

Does anyone know if they are still sending out invitations? It really feels like they haven't even looked at my application yet, even though I submitted mid July.
Dean Paolella said they fill their class in December and rarely do post December interviews. If you don't hear by the beginning of November then I think you might be out. I would confirm with @Scumbag_Steve though

What are your stats?

I submitted mine in mid-june. Haven't heard anything back yet. My status on AADSAS still says application complete lol.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Dean Paolella said they fill their class in December and rarely do post December interviews. If you don't hear by the beginning of November then I think you might be out. I would confirm with @Scumbag_Steve though

What are your stats?
I wouldn't say that if you don't hear by November then hope is lost. I don't know when the last interviews get sent out, but since the class size is so small you would have to imagine it can vary from year to year. It is true that the classes here get filled more quickly than other schools, though. I just don't have concrete timelines

For those of you that received invites: did you get a confirmation email after selecting your appointment?

Status
Not open for further replies.