***The OFFICIAL UConn C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCONNREP

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Wanted to open up this thread now that many of you are sending in your applications. Best of luck to everyone and please feel free to ask any questions about the UConn Dental program.

Members don't see this ad.

Looking through past threads it seems like next week is traditionally the first week that interviews get sent out. Good luck all!

I'm sure I have completed everything.. My application says "received/application complete". Is anyone in the same boat? I would like it to say "under review" lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting for my school to upload my committee letter so if they do start sending invitations out next week, I don't expect I'll get one until my letters are up.

My application status says complete though with a decision of none.

I'm sure I have completed everything.. My application says "received/application complete". Is anyone in the same boat? I would like it to say "under review" lol.
No "Under review" means they are seeing if they have everything checked. "Application complete" is actually the later stage, which means they have reviewed everything's in place, and you are now considered a complete applicant. I actually thought it was the other way at first too

Reactions: 1 users

Mine says under review and I have gotten an email from the admissions director like this: Thank you for your recent application to the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. Your application to our program is now complete. All applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee once they are complete. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Tricia Avolt

Admissions Coordinator

I dont know if it makes a difference if it says under review or complete. What are your stats and where are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No "Under review" means they are seeing if they have everything checked. "Application complete" is actually the later stage, which means they have reviewed everything's in place, and you are now considered a complete applicant. I actually thought it was the other way at first too

Where did you see or hear this? Mine was complete on June 26 but still says under review?

Mine says under review and I have gotten an email from the admissions director like this: Thank you for your recent application to the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. Your application to our program is now complete. All applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee once they are complete. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Tricia Avolt

Admissions Coordinator

I dont know if it makes a difference if it says under review or complete. What are your stats and where are you from?

I'm out of state.
DAT AA 22
oGPA 3.92
sGPA 4.0

I'm out of state.
DAT AA 22
oGPA 3.92
sGPA 4.0

Well then, your stats are better than mine. In that case its quite possible you'll be getting an invite. I have seen in past years that they are sent on july 13.

Has anyone received word about a secondary/paying the $75 fee? I see that I can pay the fee online but I'm not sure if I should hold off until I get an email.

Has anyone received word about a secondary/paying the $75 fee? I see that I can pay the fee online but I'm not sure if I should hold off until I get an email.
Nope you can pay right away. I think I actually paid mine before my transcripts were even verified and they had no problem matching it up with my application

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine said Under review but now says application complete. Who knows what any of that means lol.
Think mine has said application complete since I got a confirmation email. Not entirely sure if it means anything different than under review

In the past years it seems that today is the day that the first invites go out.

Reactions: 2 users
woot let's go!!! hehe

No, I haven't heard anything. Hopefully it'll come soon :)

This is an assumption that I made based upon the past two years. There is good chance that it was just a coincidence, but I would like to assume that invites will be sent out shortly.

Congratulations! May I ask your AADSAS completion date and method of notification and residency

Thanks! I'm a CT resident, AADSAS submitted 6/8 but I took the DAT 2 weeks later so that's when I received their application complete email. They emailed the interview request with instructions to call them for scheduling.

Check your AADSAS portal too! I haven't gotten an email but my status changed to invited for interview. I'm pumped!

Thanks! I'm a CT resident, AADSAS submitted 6/8 but I took the DAT 2 weeks later so that's when I received their application complete email. They emailed the interview request with instructions to call them for scheduling.
Congrats! Stats please?

3.66 GPA/3.64 sGPA
26 AA/27 TS/21 PAT

thanks!
GPA/sGPA: 3.97/3.96
DAT: 22AA/24TS

damn, both of y'all have great numbers congrats again. Do you guys remember what your AADSAS portal said before it changed to "invited for interview?" Mine has been saying "received/application" complete for a couple days now and i'm getting really worried.

damn, both of y'all have great numbers congrats again. Do you guys remember what your AADSAS portal said before it changed to "invited for interview?" Mine has been saying "received/application" complete for a couple days now and i'm getting really worried.
invited for interview

Congrats on all of your interviews! Quick question: I received the app complete email on 6/29 but my portal still says waiting for additional information. Should I be concerned or is this the case for other people too? Should I call and double check? Really stressing out

Congrats on all of your interviews! Quick question: I received the app complete email on 6/29 but my portal still says waiting for additional information. Should I be concerned or is this the case for other people too? Should I call and double check? Really stressing out

I got the App complete email on June 26 but mine says under review. I think that after under review then it says application complete. Waiting for additional information usually means they need something from you. Call them and ask what they need.

Does anyone know when UConn starts sending out rejection letters?

Just spoke to Ms Avolt. She said the app complete email means she reviewed everything and they have all the required materials. It's under review by the committee, but they haven't made a decision yet.

Just spoke to Ms Avolt. She said the app complete email means she reviewed everything and they have all the required materials. It's under review by the committee, but they haven't made a decision yet.

What does under review mean?

Does anyone know when UConn starts sending out rejection letters?

Have a little confidence in yourself! This is the first wave of interviews. There are a bunch more to follow.

Mine said application complete before it changed to invited for interview so no sweat there

I have similar stats to you guys: 23 AA, 3.827 GPA. App complete on 6-19 but no news so far. Aadsas said App complete for weeks but changed to under review a few days ago and it still says that. I hope this means I haven't been passed up

Last edited:
I have similar stats to you guys: 23 AA, 3.827 GPA. App complete on 6-19 but no news so far. Aadsas said App complete for weeks but changed to under review a few days ago and it still says that. I hope this means I haven't been passed up this time around

Spoke to Ms. Avolt and she said that the process is received/complete and then recieved/under review if that helps

Does uconn have a supplemental application or do you get it through email?

Status
Not open for further replies.