****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2021 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you say that?

And are you talking about waitlisted people, or people who have yet to receive interviews?
At my interview a couple weeks ago, they said they would have decisions for us on the 20th. I'm not sure if this pertains to our interview group, that week's interview groups or everyone in the waiting list group included.

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you say that?

And are you talking about waitlisted people, or people who have yet to receive interviews?

The admissions committee meets every two weeks so people should be hearing back tomorrow or Monday. Not sure about the waitlist

Reactions: 1 user
Are they still sending invites? I've been waiting since August :( And my status has not gone under review yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an acceptance email. Interviewed 01/17

ACCEPTED AT 1:15 CENTRAL TIME !!!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Omg accepted. Wow. I don't even believe this is happening aha. Damn I'm excited.

OOS 3.6 gpa 23 DAT interviewed on January 6th.

Reactions: 14 users
Hey everybody - I got waitlisted today.

I'm a bit disappointed but after combing through the class of 2020 interviews/acceptances thread I notice a trend of waitlist notifications + deferred acceptance notifications around this time of year.

Has anybody received a deferred acceptance yet? I'm very curious to see at which stage Tufts is regarding distinctions between waitlist & deferred acceptances.

thanks!

so I'm guessing for the next few interviews, we will find out 2 weeks from today since people heard back today? is this how it works

accepted today at 11:15! hang in there you guys

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everybody - I got waitlisted today.

I'm a bit disappointed but after combing through the class of 2020 interviews/acceptances thread I notice a trend of waitlist notifications + deferred acceptance notifications around this time of year.

Has anybody received a deferred acceptance yet? I'm very curious to see at which stage Tufts is regarding distinctions between waitlist & deferred acceptances.

thanks!

Sorry to hear you were waitlisted. I got the same news today :(
I was also looking through last years thread and it looks like people started getting deferred acceptances in the later part of February. It also seemed like Tufts keeps the waitlist somewhat small and there's decent movement all the way until classes start. Hopefully, that's the case for this cycle as well

Some say end of February and some say the first week of March. I emailed admissions and they said February and so does their website.
Maybe they said February because this time around there are less seats to give out due to last years deferred acceptances. Does anyone know how many seats are left?

Very happy I got an acceptance email today!! So grateful. Stay positive!! I was waitlisted 12/1 there still is hope for everyone waiting.

I will be declining my acceptance soon, so a spot should open up!! Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Got invited to interview a few days ago. I declined it, I already got into a school.

They only gave me like 24 hours to respond, and then didn't even answer my call when I called about questions.
edit: I hope someone gets that interview so they have an opportunity.

Last edited:
Got invited to interview a few days ago. I declined it, I already got into a school.

They only gave me like 24 hours to respond, and then didn't even answer my call when I called about questions. The school overall needs better communication. I am a little upset in the dates available and the time I had to decide to actually interview.

edit: I hope someone gets that interview so they have an opportunity.
Congrats! what days did they offer you?

What does it mean if TUFTS DS asks applicant to talk over the phone for interview?

edit:

School asks me to call specific date and time... but have not received any invites for interview?
Any body went through this?

Got my acceptance on friday as well! I am beyond excited. This is my third year applying and Tufts was my third interview. I am going to wait a little bit to see if I hear from my state schools, but I am super stoked about Tufts and will be very happy there.

Reactions: 3 users
What does it mean if TUFTS DS asks applicant to talk over the phone for interview?

edit:

School asks me to call specific date and time... but have not received any invites for interview?
Any body went through this?

ANYBODY?

Just checking to see if merit scholarships have been awarded yet? Does Tufts offer any financial aid?

is it possible to get an interview invite if your portal doesn't say under review? also, if the portal has yet to be changed to the under review status then is it too late to be invited for an interview?

is it possible to get an interview invite if your portal doesn't say under review? also, if the portal has yet to be changed to the under review status then is it too late to be invited for an interview?
A status change may or may not be relevant.

Mine changed from Complete back to Under Review on 09/14. Have yet to receive an interview

I have been under review since 11/21 and still nothing so I agree with Keklel that the status change may not be relevant. I actually got an interview invite from Tufts last cycle on 2/2 and then waitlisted. So we'll see what happens this cycle and be patient guys.

for those who interviewed recently did they say when they would get back to us?

Finally invited to interview, just got into penn yesterday...don't know what to do. I'm from Boston.

wait I thought they meet every 2 weeks to decide who gets what, hasn't it only been a week since the last acceptances were given out? or am I missing something here

Interview invite an hour ago for Feb 6!
congrats on your interview! do you mind sharing your stats? I am a re-applicant and my application has been under review since beginning of December, so I am very concerned.

Finally invited to interview, just got into penn yesterday...don't know what to do. I'm from Boston.
congrats on your interview! do you mind sharing your stats? I am a re-applicant and my application has been under review since beginning of December, so I am very concerned.

Sure, my GPA is 3.5/3.2.

DAT is 25AA/23TS/20PAT

Got an interview invite yesterday, but I'm declining the invite. Good luck to those going to the interview!

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe they said February because this time around there are less seats to give out due to last years deferred acceptances. Does anyone know how many seats are left?

The D21 Facebook group is only half full. Around this time last year the D20 class was also half full. February dates are more for waitlist spots BUT you get off it pretty quickly (like 2 weeks later).

unfortunately will be giving up my spot for my state school, good luck all!

Question for you all: I just interviewed at Tufts and absolutely loved it. I also got an interview invite from BU for mid-February. Do I even bother going to the BU interview if I get into Tufts? Which school is better and why?

Can anyone tell me if the interview was really hard or anything? I'm not looking for anyone to divulge any questions or anything but I want to mentally prepare myself if it's really hard so I can do the best I can! Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.