****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2021 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah they didn't receive your stuff late

A lot of people, if not most, submitted, waited a couple of months for that aadsas status change, then waited a bit again before getting interview invites from tufts
If it makes you feel any better, mines has been on application received/complete since 9/14.. @Taba

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Aadsas switched to received under review today. So maybe some good news will come!

gosh tufts really hates me.. haven't gotten off "complete/received" since 9/14 lmao

Reactions: 4 users
gosh tufts really hates me.. haven't gotten off "complete/received" since 9/14 lmao

I haven't gotten a single email.

And after a little depth, it had changed the 21st I just didn't notice it until AADSAS mobile notified me a new decision was made.

I emailed them throughout the semester to tell them about my application updates and they have responded but other than that I haven't heard anything about my application since around the same time as you guys. Hopefully because they responded to my email I am still in the running.

Reactions: 1 user
All Years wear cecil blue. I know I spelled it wrong but yeah everyone wears baby blue scrubs.

I know currently D20's wear wine/maroon scrubs, and D19's wear royal blue. So I think each year is designated a different color.

D21's will most likely take over the color of the current graduating class, so I was wondering if anyone knew what color they wore

You are 100% correct, I apologize. I thought this was a different thread for a different school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sadly haven't heard from tufts and my application was completed 8/1 :( any chance they'd still be sending invites?

Reactions: 1 users
any idea when more interview invites will be sent out?

Reactions: 4 users
So far this school has been the most receptive with communications via email.
I hope they are still giving out interview invites. I've been waiting since the beginning of October o_O

Guys I'm between Tufts and NYU and can't decide for the life of me which school to pick and the deposit deadline is next week for both of them :eek:

Got an email for an interview at Tufts today for either January 23 or January 24th!

Reactions: 6 users
I know currently D20's wear wine/maroon scrubs, and D19's wear royal blue. So I think each year is designated a different color.

D21's will most likely take over the color of the current graduating class, so I was wondering if anyone knew what color they wore

Not necessarily true, the D20 class got a brand new color that's never been worn before. Usually it's some form of blue but they decided to switch it up and do everything brand new for the D20 class. Who knows if they'd do this for the D21 class as well.

Hey all! I got an interview to Tufts for the 19th! I was wondering how strict is Tufts about community college coursework? I only took Physics I at a CC and I was wondering if that'll affect my chances of getting in, or if they will automatically take me out of consideration? I've also recently graduated and am not enrolled in any courses at the moment.

Hey all! I got an interview to Tufts for the 19th! I was wondering how strict is Tufts about community college coursework? I only took Physics I at a CC and I was wondering if that'll affect my chances of getting in, or if they will automatically take me out of consideration? I've also recently graduated and am not enrolled in any courses at the moment.

I know on the website it states that "Community college coursework is not accepted for the prerequisite coursework." (http://dental.tufts.edu/admissions/dmd-program/)
However, if you already made it to the interview stage, they might have made an exception.

Your best bet would be to email them and ask.

Hey! When was your application marked complete and under review?

Could you share your stat?
Congrat!

your acceptance may be contingent upon completing physics I w/lab at 4-year University if they accept you. So, if you're serious about tufts you might want to ask them about this now instead of waiting till you get accepted.

did anyone send letter of interests/ call for status to this school?

anyone know when poeple start to get taken off the waitlist who interviewed before december? also, are the waitlisted people being compared to the new candidates being interviewed or are we looked at separately?

Last edited:
your acceptance may be contingent upon completing physics I w/lab at 4-year University if they accept you. So, if you're serious about tufts you might want to ask them about this now instead of waiting till you get accepted.
Yeah I spoke with them, and will be able to complete the class before matriculation

Is this 19th of Jan or Feb?

my app has been "under review" since september and still nothing ):

Hi, how were you informed that they interview until the beginning of March because I have heard otherwise.

It was mentioned by one of the speakers at my interview

What did you hear?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I called earlier this year and they said end of frebruary, however she was not completely sure. Another person said they heard from speakers at their interview that interviews will be held beginning/through March, which is likely true.

Tomorrow will provide answers for many.

Reactions: 2 users
If our application has not yet been marked under review does that mean we basically have no chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.