The Official Touro Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judt got my interview as well. Via email

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How did they notify you? What is your stats if you don't mind me asking?
I received an e-mail! GPA 3.4 17 AA, very low, I know...but just to give you some hope! Best of luck!

Judt got my interview as well. Via email

What are your stats looking like. Mine is 3.1 GPA, 3.4 sgpa, 19aa, and 20pat. Do you guys think I have a chance for an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your stats looking like. Mine is 3.1 GPA, 3.4 sgpa, 19aa, and 20pat. Do you guys think I have a chance for an interview?

GPA 3.4 undergrad
GPA 3.8 graduate school
19AA, 21TS

U def have chance. I applied early, and this was my 6th interview.
No acceptances yet, but i got bunch of waitlist :confused:

Last edited:
Was everyone's status application complete before the interview invitation?

GPA 3.4 undergrad
GPA 3.8 graduate school
19AA, 20 TS

Congrats!! When is the interview for?

GPA 3.4 undergrad
GPA 3.8 graduate school
19AA, 20 TS

What was your AADSAS status before the invitation?

Members don't see this ad :)
what everyones stat who got interview today? when did you guys submit aadsas? instant or dos?

what are the dates to choose for interview days?

Feb 1 and feb 3

whats your stat like tooth knock ?

when was your aadsas app mailed?

whats the address to the interview place?

do you have to call to schedule or online? which dates are available and which day of the week do they interview?[/USER]

What are your stats to those of you who have been invited for an interview?

AHHH!! I want this interview!

Anyone know how long they are interviewing for? I submitted my app last Tuesday and haven't received an interview yet, getting nervous now.

Anyone know how long they are interviewing for? I submitted my app last Tuesday and haven't received an interview yet, getting nervous now.
Has your application been mailed? I'm guessing they will interview for a while, since they are still getting accredited. I just submitted mine.

Are schools even open today? I don't wanna waste my day waiting for emails that aren't coming haha

Has your application been mailed? I'm guessing they will interview for a while, since they are still getting accredited. I just submitted mine.

I think it was mailed out on Friday but my application was reviewed and completed by then. Getting anxious now since it completed and no words back yet.

I also got an interview invitation on Friday. Scheduled it today for January 27. Good luck to anyone else! Any useful tips for the interview?

Sorry if this question has been asked, but in the aadsas dental school decisions link, in the status column, what is the difference between: "received/under review" vs. "received/application complete"? And for those who have gotten interview invites, which did it say?
Thanks!

I also got an interview invitation on Friday. Scheduled it today for January 27. Good luck to anyone else! Any useful tips for the interview?

whats your stat?

Sorry if this question has been asked, but in the aadsas dental school decisions link, in the status column, what is the difference between: "received/under review" vs. "received/application complete"? And for those who have gotten interview invites, which did it say?
Thanks!
Mine says "received & application comple" i also havent receive an interview invitation yet

whats your stat?

GPA: 3.4
AA:21

I don't think my stats are impressive but I do have good recommendation letters, independent research with publications and 2 yrs as a Teaching/Lab assistant. If it helps, I'm also part of a pretty late batch.

I applied on Saturday (when I got the email notifying me about the school). I feel sick to my stomach because I'm so nervous. I haven't received any interviews yet because of a late and horrible DAT score. Did anyone with a low DAT score get an interview?? However, I feel confident about my experiences but idk if anyone will be willing to look past my low DAT score.
BS=biology
cGPA=3.48 BPC GPA=3.57 BPCM= 3.43
great LORs , I think my PS is unique and good
Unique research- presentations but no publications
Dental Assistant for 2 years
Dental/Medical/Public Health Nicaragua volunteer trip
Shadowed an OMFS surgeon in the operating room and in his procedure room
Currently work at a respected hospital as a patient care tech in a nursing department
Volunteered in an Emergency Room and also volunteered at a bone marrow donation drive
I'm a NY resident
I'm too embarrassed to say my DAT score =(

Last edited:
I applied on Saturday (when I got the email notifying me about the school). I feel sick to my stomach because I'm so nervous. I haven't received any interviews yet because of a late and horrible DAT score. Did anyone with a low DAT score get an interview?? However, I feel confident about my experiences but idk if anyone will be willing to look past my low DAT score.
BS=biology
Currently work at a respected hospital as a patient care tech in a nursing department
Volunteered in an Emergency Room and also volunteered at a bone marrow donation drive
I'm a NY resident
My first dat score was a 15.. If it's really that bad you should retake. I used Kaplan my first time around and sincerely regret it. But if you're really interested in the school, tell them you're planning a retake (if you are) and maybe they'll look past it? That's what I would do

Thanks!
I'm not sure what the difference is really. My assumption is that application complete means just that--you've sent in all the required information and nothing is left for you to do on your end. Under review sounds to me that they are currently reviewing your application and making those important decisions. That being said, I think some schools use them differently and I know for sure that they are not extremely up-to-date/accurate because mine still says "received/application complete" despite being invited for an interview. Hope that helps!

BS=biology
I'm a NY resident
I think you should still apply. My DAT score was very low too (17 AA) because of a lot of personal circumstances that occurred this summer and I too applied pretty late (9/9) but here I am with an interview for Feb 1st. Especially since Touro is a new school looking to fill classes, it's hard to understand fully their standards. I should mention, however, that I'm considered a non-traditional applicant since I completed a post-bacc program which improved my GPA significantly. Regardless, I'd take a shot with Touro. Best of luck to you:)

My first dat score was a 15.. If it's really that bad you should retake. I used Kaplan my first time around and sincerely regret it. But if you're really interested in the school, tell them you're planning a retake (if you are) and maybe they'll look past it? That's what I would do
thanks, that's what I'm hoping but I def can't take it before Feb 1st so hopefully they will accept it after that

I think you should still apply. My DAT score was very low too (17 AA) because of a lot of personal circumstances that occurred this summer and I too applied pretty late (9/9) but here I am with an interview for Feb 1st. Especially since Touro is a new school looking to fill classes, it's hard to understand fully their standards. I should mention, however, that I'm considered a non-traditional applicant since I completed a post-bacc program which improved my GPA significantly. Regardless, I'd take a shot with Touro. Best of luck to you:)
thanks and good luck on your interview!

thanks, that's what I'm hoping but I def can't take it before Feb 1st so hopefully they will accept it after that
Your gpa is good and your ECs are solid. I've heard of some schools accepting people "on the condition that they raise their qr score" or something like that, so it's definitely possible. Keep your head up!

For those of you applying with a graduate degree, did you send in extra reference letters like they requested? I don't have any of my undergrad profs in contact to still ask for reference letters, and I'm worried about that.

Those that got interviews, are you all NY residents?

I am also a non traditional student that went back last year and did a post-bac program and improved my GPA. But since my GPA was pretty bad when I was younger I can only manage to bring my GPA up a little because I have too many credits. Hopefully they will look at the upward trend I have and give me a chance at an interview.

For those of you applying with a graduate degree, did you send in extra reference letters like they requested? I don't have any of my undergrad profs in contact to still ask for reference letters, and I'm worried about that.
I actually did a non-degree post-bacc so I'm not considered graduate student. I had the pre-med committee advisor compile all of my recommendations into a composite letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.