****The Official Temple University Kornberg Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ask the current students there how many of the post bacc students were accepted for this fall?

Members don't see this ad.

I think It depends on your situation. If you've been waitlisted to dental schools, I would consider working/ saving your money, while strengthening your application (i.e. working in a clinic, research, volunteering). I feel the post bac is most advantageous for those who have a low gpa/ dat score. At the end of the day, you will still be waiting another year to get into dental school. If It wasn’t a non-degree/ 40k+ it may be a different story. Overall, the post bac is a fantastic opportunity, but you just have to decide if you actually need it.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone ask the current students there how many of the post bacc students were accepted for this fall?
I want to say they mentioned around a 90% acceptance rate to dental school or something along those lines. And into multiple schools including difficult ones nonetheless

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get an email today asking you to update your status if you are still interested in receiving an acceptance?

So right now I'm sitting at 3.46 oGPA, 3.21 sGPA and 19 DAT. Im trying to decide if I need this program. My other option would just be to retake the DAT and take some supplemental science courses during my year off. I'm really not that interested in the DMD program, I view it more of a backup plan if I don't get in anywhere else. I know the post-bacc will certainly help but the price tag is just so big.
I know someone who did the same (spent the year taking courses, retook their DAT, also worked part-time) and got accepted to dental school at Temple. If you’re not interested in the DMD program then 40k for the post bac doesn’t make much sense to me.

So right now I'm sitting at 3.46 oGPA, 3.21 sGPA and 19 DAT. Im trying to decide if I need this program. My other option would just be to retake the DAT and take some supplemental science courses during my year off. I'm really not that interested in the DMD program, I view it more of a backup plan if I don't get in anywhere else. I know the post-bacc will certainly help but the price tag is just so big.
since its nondegree does that mean I wouldnt be able to get fiancial aid?

Anyone else get an email today asking you to update your status if you are still interested in receiving an acceptance?
Yes, I did. I'm hoping for the best. I would definitely go if offered a spot!

Has anyone heard back from the latest "share your status" email?

Invite to interview today. Super late going to decline. I hope someone here gets it!!

Received an interview invite as well but will decline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Invited for an interview today!! Definitely attending :)

Reactions: 2 users
Interview invite today but I have a final exam on the day offered. Not sure what to do about this saying I can't defer my final and it doesn't seem like they offered anything about changing the day .

Interview invite today but I have a final exam on the day offered. Not sure what to do about this saying I can't defer my final and it doesn't seem like they offered anything about changing the day .
So sorry to hear that. Usually interview after April 1 has relatively high acceptance rate based on previous posts. Try to ask your professor see if you can take it earlier, I am sure they will understand. And also call Temple too see if they can rearrange your interview date. Good luck!

invited for an interview yesterday, I am attending even though it's super late

i will be paying my deposit tomorrow for the post bacc program! hope to see all of you there next month!

i will be paying my deposit tomorrow for the post bacc program! hope to see all of you there next month!
Are you sending it by mail tomorrow? I wasn’t able to get mine out yesterday and wasn’t hoping they have a grace period since it’s supposed to be received by tomorrow right?

Are you sending it by mail tomorrow? I wasn’t able to get mine out yesterday and wasn’t hoping they have a grace period since it’s supposed to be received by tomorrow right?
Yes I will tomorrow

The interview date that I was given is April 17th--assuming it may be the same for everyone?
I just got an invite for that day too. Are you going? (Are you also from California? Sorry your username sounds familiar but I can’t remember if u said u r from California too)

I just got an invite for that day too. Are you going? (Are you also from California? Sorry your username sounds familiar but I can’t remember if u said u r from California too)
Yes I am going! And I'm from Maryland! Would def be down to explore together if you plan on going :)

Yes I am going! And I'm from Maryland! Would def be down to explore together if you plan on going :)

Awesome! Do you know if we r interviewing for an alternate spot or a spot in class? Since I only got a week notice for this interview I’m gonna need to fly in just for the interview and fly right back in order to not miss work too much :/ otherwise I would have been so down to explore!

April 17 is the final day for interviews this cycle.

Awesome! Do you know if we r interviewing for an alternate spot or a spot in class? Since I only got a week notice for this interview I’m gonna need to fly in just for the interview and fly right back in order to not miss work too much :/ otherwise I would have been so down to explore!
I’m pretty sure we’re interviewing for a spot in the class! I would be surprised if they had us come all that way just to interview for an alternate spot. I hope so at least lol

I sent my deposit in for the post-bacc on Thursday, has anyone received a confirmation email or more details? I haven’t heard anything.

does anyone know if the post bac program will have a facebook page or anything to meet people for potential roommates?

Im in complete shock that I got accepted into the post bac program today, because I bombed the interview lol.
I also do not know what to do now because 5,000 is a lot of $$$$ and I am still waitlisted at Rutgers.
But I feel like the chances of getting off the waitlist is pretty low at this point, does anyone have any advice?

Im in complete shock that I got accepted into the post bac program today, because I bombed the interview lol.
I also do not know what to do now because 5,000 is a lot of $$$$ and I am still waitlisted at Rutgers.
But I feel like the chances of getting off the waitlist is pretty low at this point, does anyone have any advice?
Congratulations

Has anyone that was accepted to post-bac yesterday received the additional email yet?

Does any one have an idea if they still have spots for post bacc?
Ty

Does anyone know if there are going to be more interviews for post bach? My friend said she got an email asking her if she still wanted to apply...

Is anyone gonna live next to the dental school?

Turned down my spot for the post bach today, I hope one of you guys gets it goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.