***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone received an interview yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I have a few questions about NYU:
1. Is it too late to apply to NYU now?
2. Should I have all of my prerequisite course done when I apply or it's like most of the schools that we can complete the prerequisite courses until next summer?
3. What are my chances: AA: 23, TS: 22, PAT: 22 GPA: 3.79 Education: Master's degree in engineering 120 hours of shadowing

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a few questions about NYU:
1. Is it too late to apply to NYU now?
2. Should I have all of my prerequisite course done when I apply or it's like most of the schools that we can complete the prerequisite courses until next summer?
3. What are my chances: AA: 23, TS: 22, PAT: 22 GPA: 3.79 Education: Master's degree in engineering 120 hours of shadowing

Thanks,

1. No 2. You don't need to, as long as you finish brute the summer. 3. Your stats are killer, your fine. Aim for some places like columbia, penn etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I'm trying to pay the application fee for Columbia University, but it gives me an error. Is it just for me? Anybody else has the same problem?

I'm trying to pay the application fee for Columbia University, but it gives me an error. Is it just for me? Anybody else has the same problem?

Add a dash before your cas id.

Reactions: 1 user

Wrong thread but add a dash to the end of your AADSAS ID.

I paid my supplemental fee over a month ago.. my app still says "none". Should I call?

I paid my supplemental fee over a month ago.. my app still says "none". Should I call?

My application status says none as well, but I received an email on July 14th from NYU titled, "NYU Dentistry: Application Complete and Under Review". So I think that status is fine. It also says in the email that NYU Dentistry does not use the AADSAS Portal to update application statuses. So just make sure you received the confirmation email :)

Reactions: 3 users
My application status says none as well, but I received an email on July 14th from NYU titled, "NYU Dentistry: Application Complete and Under Review". So I think that status is fine. It also says in the email that NYU Dentistry does not use the AADSAS Portal to update application statuses. So just make sure you received the confirmation email :)
Thanks!

How long did it take to receive an Application Complete email after you received the Application Verified email?

I received the application complete email a few days after the verification email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get any interviews yet?

Any word on NYU? I feel invites should be coming soon

Quick question, I heard NYU won't get many applicants from cal? Is it true

Quick question, I heard NYU won't get many applicants from cal? Is it true

I think it's true. Cuz it's really expensive compare to state schools in cal.

Has anyone got an interview invite yet? They say they start interviewing in September.....

Reactions: 4 users
My status still says none.. I applied to 10 schools in early June.. I have had one interview.. the rest of my apps are under review except NYU. Anyone else have this experience? Do they even update?

My status still says none.. I applied to 10 schools in early June.. I have had one interview.. the rest of my apps are under review except NYU. Anyone else have this experience? Do they even update?
Nyu doesnt use the portal. U shoulda got an email sometime between.

It's odd that you guys haven't received an interview invite yet. I know last year I got mine towards the end of August.

It's odd that you guys haven't received an interview invite yet. I know last year I got mine towards the end of August.

I know right? I don't know if its just our group that didn't get first interview batch or what.... I mean they stated multiple times they hold interviews in September and I feel like even if they send out invites tomorrow its not really much time for people to plan for it.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think anyone has heard back regarding interviews yet, if they're holding september dates they better send out invites soon

I know right? I don't know if its just our group that didn't get first interview batch or what.... I mean they stated multiple times they hold interviews in September and I feel like even if they send out invites tomorrow its not really much time for people to plan for it.
I mean there should be at least one person in this thread who should have gotten an invite so I'm guessing they haven't sent them out yet. But tbh, the school threads this year on SDN don't seem that busy. Meaning it doesn't seem like many students are on this site compared to last year.

I mean there should be at least one person in this thread who should have gotten an invite so I'm guessing they haven't sent them out yet. But tbh, the school threads this year on SDN don't seem that busy. Meaning it doesn't seem like many students are on this site compared to last year.

yeah I mean I feel like most people on sdn are very competitive so soooooome has to have got an invite if they sent them out

yeah I mean I feel like most people on sdn are very competitive so soooooome has to have got an invite if they sent them out
Haven't heard of a person who got an interview invite to USC yet.

Too late to apply? 21AA, 21TS, 18PAT, 3.66 oGPA, 3.75 sGPA.

Is it worth applying rn? Or how competitive is this program?

Thanks

Too late to apply? 21AA, 21TS, 18PAT, 3.66 oGPA, 3.75 sGPA.

Is it worth applying rn? Or how competitive is this program?

Thanks
Go for it, they haven't started giving interviews yet and they aren't rolling so it shouldn't be too late. Your stats are definitely competitive enough for the program

Reactions: 1 users
Go for it, they haven't started giving interviews yet and they aren't rolling so it shouldn't be too late. Your stats are definitely competitive enough for the program
What do you mean by "aren't rolling"?

Just called NYU. They said the Admissions Committee is still reviewing applications and should be sending out invites "shortly". The lady on the phone seemed kind of pushy with her response, I'm guessing they're getting a lot of calls about this. It's coming guys...

Reactions: 7 users
They have to send interviews by the end of this week if they hold them during September.

They told me they'll send out invites late september

I wonder what caused the delay this year compared to previous years

Reactions: 3 users
Invited this morning. OOS

finally heard back!

Interview Invite #4
School: NYU
State of Residence: NY
Notified: 8:37am 9/22
Method of Notification: E-mail