Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Texas A&M University School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.71
Science GPA: 3.63
DAT: 21.7AA, 22.2TS, 20.9PAT
Applied: 1,426
OOS: 549 Applied, 19 Interviewed, 14 Accepted
IS: 840 Applied, 189 Interviewed, 156 Accepted
International: 37 Applied, 1 Interviewed, 1 Accepted
# Enrolled: 103
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.77
Science GPA: 3.69
DAT: 21.8AA, 21.4TS, 21.5PAT
Applied: 1,001
OOS: 119 Applied, 12 Accepted
IS: 865 Applied, 148 Accepted
International: 17 Applied, 1 Accepted
# Enrolled: 90
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.20-4.00
Overall: 3.35-4.00

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I hope it's OK to post this information on the school-specific thread:

Dr. Barbara Miller DDS is retiring after her long tenure as Assistant Dean of Admissions at TAMU School of Dentistry.

She introduced the new Director of Recruitment and Admissions in an email today:

Dr. Gabriel Crosby
Prior to taking on his role at the School of Dentistry, Dr. Crosby served as Director of Graduate Business Programs in the College of Business at Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU). Dr. Crosby was responsible for issues related to recruitment and admissions, academic advising, and retention of students enrolled in the Part-Time MBA and Master of Science in Accountancy programs. He served on various campus committees and working groups, including college faculty hiring committees and the university Graduate Council. In his time at PVAMU, he received the College of Business’ Staff Award for service to students and the college.

Before arriving at PVAMU, Dr. Crosby served a member of the MBA recruitment and admissions team at Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School. Crosby first joined Mays as Assistant Director of MBA Admissions, where he was responsible for representing the school at national recruiting fairs, managing campus recruitment programming, and interviewing candidates for the Full-Time MBA Program. He would later take on the role of Associate Director for Houston-area MBA programs, where he served as the lead admission representative for the Executive MBA Program, as well as the newly established Professional MBA Program. This involved developing and facilitating the annual EMBA and PMBA recruitment schedule, conducting candidate interviews and leading applicant review committees, as well as engaging with community groups and partners. While at Mays, Dr. Crosby was awarded the Outstanding Staff Member Award.

Dr. Crosby has also held professional roles in undergraduate recruitment and residence life. He is a member of various professional organizations in higher education, including the Texas Academic Advising Network (TEXAAN), Texas Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals (TxGAP), and Texas Association of Chicanos in Higher Education (TACHE).

Dr. Crosby received his Doctorate of Education in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in Higher Education from Abilene Christian University. He previously earned bachelors and masters degrees in history. He also earned a second masters degree in education supervision, with concentrations in educational leadership and counseling and development, from Lamar University.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #1
School: Texas A&M
Notification date: 8/2
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/17/23
Application complete date: 6/16/23 -- Secondary App: 06/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.78 , 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 24/23/19/25, no
Interview date: week of 8/28
Method of interview: In person

I was wondering if the ADEA guidebook also provided info on how many applicants were INTERVIEWED for the class of 2026? The class of 2024 data feels too old to rely on. If so, could you please add it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
Notification date: 8/2
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/17/23
Application complete date: 6/16/23 -- Secondary App: 06/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.78 , 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 24/23/19/25, no
Interview date: week of 8/28

I was wondering if the ADEA guidebook also provided info on how many applicants were INTERVIEWED for the class of 2026? The class of 2024 data feels too old to rely on. If so, could you please add it?
I would add it if they had It available! Unfortunately they did not provide the number of applicants interviewed for all schools for this 2026 guide. I would basically go by the % interviewed of the total applicants to get a general idea. Usually schools stay relatively close to that number as they know how many students they need to interview to then accept.

Interview #1
Notification date: 8/15
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/23/23
Application complete date: 7/27/23 -- Secondary App: 06/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.90 , 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 24/22/20/30, no
Interview date: 9/15

Where are you guys doinf the secndary app? Did you recieve an email after submitting your TMDSAS app?

Interview #1
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/23/23
Application complete date: 7/27/23 -- Secondary App: 06/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.90 , 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 24/22/20/30, no
Where are you guys doing the secondary application? Did u receive an email from them after submitting the TMDSAS one? Or how can I access it? I'm new to applying and submitted my application 8/9. I'm anxious as I dont know what to do next. If I should be waiting or not. Am I supposed to foward my ADA score to the school aswell? Or does it automatically post to the app? I'm also a Texas resident.

Interview #3
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/03/23
Application complete date: 7/21/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 25/27/24/22, No
Method of interview: In Person

Last edited:
Interview #2
Notification date: 8/30
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/7/23
Application complete date: 6/7/23 -- Secondary App: 06/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.82, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 23/20/19/30, no
Interview date: week of 9/25

Hi there, does anyone know whether Dallas does their interviews closed file or open file?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #5
Notification date: 10/4
Residency: OOS
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/30/23
Application complete date: 8/4/23 -- Secondary App: 8/9/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 28/30/23/27, no
Interview date: 11/1

Also why are all the texas school threads so dead? lol

Also why are all the texas school threads so dead? lol
I didn't get the email either and I interviewed. It looks like maybe they only sent it to people who didn't interview? And I know, idk if it's standard or seems abnormally quiet

What is the postbacc email? Is it bad if I didn't receive one?
It is a year longpost-bacc program that assists students who want to apply for A&M dentistry. It provides DAT prep courses and Biology courses.
The email says the recipient of the email does not affect or indicate any outcome of application status or decision!

Same question, why the thread is so dead, no one is excited for tomorrow? 15 December??

• Wow
Did anybody receive an interview e-mail from Texas schools for the month of Jan?

Interview #3
Notification date: 12/18
TMDSAS mail-out date: 10/6/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.87, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 23/23/18/21, no
Interview date: week of 1/17

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone accepted on decision day received the formal acceptance letter in the mail?

Who all has been accepted? Is there a group chat of some sort we can join for accepted applicants?

Accepted today at 12.17 pm.
I was interviewed on 11 Oct 23.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted Feb. 2nd at 6:59 am!
My interview was early October I believe.
I might drop my seat but still need to decide 😅

Accepted Feb. 2nd at 6:59 am!
My interview was early October I believe.
I might drop my seat but still need to decide 😅
Hi! Congrats :) how long do they give you to decide if you don’t mind me asking

Hi! Congrats :) how long do they give you to decide if you don’t mind me asking
Thanks so much 😄
They didn't give me a date in the email so I just asked them about it. I will update you as soon as I can

Update: Feb 16th is the deadline for me

Last edited: