***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Did anyone here that was wait listed, got accepted?

accepted yesterday, most likely declining, best of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got waitlisted today :( does anyone have any advice of how to get off the waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Turned down my offer. Good luck to those still on the waiting list. :angelic:

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what their accepted class size as of now is? (Don't scrutinize me if this has been answered already)

Does anyone know what their accepted class size as of now is? (Don't scrutinize me if this has been answered already)
Pretty sure that is something that NO ONE knows besides the admissions committee. All I know is that this will probably be the biggest matriculating class at around 400 admittances.

Anyone here had interview on February 8th?

Pretty sure that is something that NO ONE knows besides the admissions committee. All I know is that this will probably be the biggest matriculating class at around 400 admittances.

I don't understand why so many people are getting rejected without interview or get waitlisted if they significantly increased their class size this year.

I don't understand why so many people are getting rejected without interview or get waitlisted if they significantly increased their class size this year.
maybe because they are unqualified? just a thought

Members don't see this ad :)
Declined my offer here. Good luck everyone!! :)

It seems like people are planning to decline their offers. I would think there is a lot of waitlist movement at NYU, especially come April 15th.

They had 385 in 2014 application cycle. Not much of an increase in clas size honestly.

Does anyone know the official fb page for the class of 2021? Thanks

What other questions does the supplemental ask besides asking what other schools you applied to/interviewed at???

What other questions does the supplemental ask besides asking what other schools you applied to/interviewed at???

*edit
Referring to what they have you fill out on the day of the interview!

When do they stop interviewing people?
Dr. Mejia said around March 20th

They could have some interviews after but the bulk of the interviews will be done around that time

Does the admissions office confirm receipt of deposits via email?

Congrats to all that have received acceptances to NYU and/or other schools. For those waitlisted, do not lose hope. I have classsmates that got off the waitlist a couple weeks before orientation. Send regular emails of interest to NYU and the program to Dr. Mejia. For those still receiving interview invites, my roommates (D4s) and I (D2) live a 7-minute walk away and are renting out space for you to stay for the night. We'll try to answer any last minute questions you may have and give some helpful advise. We'll also walk you to the interview office on the day of. Private message me if you're interested. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone!

I have been getting a ton of DMs about getting off the waitlist so I decided to share with everyone! I interviewed on 12/12 and got waitlisted a week later via email. I got off the waitlist 2/10 via a phone call from Dr. Mejia. Here are the keys to getting off the dreaded waitlist:

1. EMAIL UPDATES (grades, Dean's List letter, new shadowing hours). This is a must. Email to the dental admissions email.

2. EXPRESS INTEREST IN THE SCHOOL. This is HUGE!! When Dr. Mejia called me she told me she is only going to offer me a spot if I would definitely enroll since the cycle is coming to an end and she doesn't want to waste spots. So make sure you emphasize that this is your number 1 choice (only if it really is though). You can also email Dr. Mejia stating this is your top choice.

3. Waitlist will begin to be reviewed end of March, early April. To my understanding, no one else has gotten off the waitlist so far so don't fret.

4. Realize that your grades aren't the biggest hindrance. You got an interview so you were appealing to the school. At my interview, my interviewer told me that if I got an interview, I had the grades for dental school. So keep that in mind. Don't give up. Don't lose hope.

ASK ME QUESTIONS!! I want to help and I know the feeling. Try to ask questions via this forum instead of DMs so everyone can see the responses (unless of course you have a personal question). Good luck :)

Reactions: 11 users
Hi everyone!

I have been getting a ton of DMs about getting off the waitlist so I decided to share with everyone! I interviewed on 12/12 and got waitlisted a week later via email. I got off the waitlist 2/10 via a phone call from Dr. Mejia. Here are the keys to getting off the dreaded waitlist:

1. EMAIL UPDATES (grades, Dean's List letter, new shadowing hours). This is a must. Email to the dental admissions email.

2. EXPRESS INTEREST IN THE SCHOOL. This is HUGE!! When Dr. Mejia called me she told me she is only going to offer me a spot if I would definitely enroll since the cycle is coming to an end and she doesn't want to waste spots. So make sure you emphasize that this is your number 1 choice (only if it really is though). You can also email Dr. Mejia stating this is your top choice.

3. Waitlist will begin to be reviewed end of March, early April. To my understanding, no one else has gotten off the waitlist so far so don't fret.

4. Realize that your grades aren't the biggest hindrance. You got an interview so you were appealing to the school. At my interview, my interviewer told me that if I got an interview, I had the grades for dental school. So keep that in mind. Don't give up. Don't lose hope.

ASK ME QUESTIONS!! I want to help and I know the feeling. Try to ask questions via this forum instead of DMs so everyone can see the responses (unless of course you have a personal question). Good luck :)
Great info. Thank you! Question- If I wanted to update as an example shadowing hours, would I just e-mail the admissions office with my updated hours? Thanks

Great info. Thank you! Question- If I wanted to update as an example shadowing hours, would I just e-mail the admissions office with my updated hours? Thanks
Hey yeah that's what I did! Anything helps.

Did anyone receive anything today? I remember Dr. Mejia mentioning that some decisions would come out on the 24th, but could be delayed for President's Day...

No i wish! I interviewed last Friday so today woulda been a week. Dr Mejia said the same thing. Praying for next week...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I sent in my academic update first week of feb when they asked for it. When i called they said to expect to hear back by the end of this month. That could be either good news or bad news
I interviewed a couple of days ago and the admissions officer told me the school will be interviewing for another month (march). Keep your head up :)

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed a couple of days ago and the admissions officer told me the school will be interviewing for another month (march). Keep your head up :)
Did you receive your interview invite after the academic update e-mail? If yes, how long did you have to wait before you were invited?

Did you receive your interview invite after the academic update e-mail? If yes, how long did you have to wait before you were invited?
I sent an academic update on 12/9 expressing why NYU stands out to me and what I've been doing (school-wise, work-wise). Once I finished the class I was taking, I emailed another update on 1/27 then got an interview on 2/1. So yes, I received an interview after the academic update.