NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I just emailed my representative and she forwarded the email to admissions. Got an interview invitation 13 minutes after I sent the email, so you should definitely do this as well!

Representative?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just emailed my representative and she forwarded the email to admissions. Got an interview invitation 13 minutes after I sent the email, so you should definitely do this as well!
Did you email the representative about an update regarding your application or letter of interest?

Does anyone know if there's a comprehensive 4 year breakdown of the tuition? I know there's estimates for class of 2026 on the website. Just wondering since the bank would appreciate that.

When is your interview / when did you send in your application? Congrats and good luck!
I sent my application in a while back in late July/beginning of August. My interview is set for this Wednesday at 9:30!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know students last year even got interview invites around April 18 (but the slot was pretty soon, so they had to select spot after 4 or 5 days such as April 22 I believe. Is anyone's application still in review?

I know students last year even got interview invites around April 18 (but the slot was pretty soon, so they had to select spot after 4 or 5 days such as April 22 I believe. Is anyone's application still in review?
Yes, surprisingly mine is still under review, I’m shocked it’s taking them this long, but I can only take that as good news for an interview invite hopefully 🙏

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 3/21, Waitlisted 3/31, Accepted 4/14 4:45pm EST

- No Letter of Intent
- Yes Letter of Interest
- International applicant

Yes, surprisingly mine is still under review, I’m shocked it’s taking them this long, but I can only take that as good news for an interview invite hopefully 🙏
Same boat as you waitlisted at a different school and sent a letter of interest to NYU today

I had friends who went to dental or medical, and they told me that as long as their class is not full (meaning their class hasn't started yet, there is always a last chance even if your application is under review). But at first, they do the basic interview invites which would last until April. After that, if it is still under review, then there is that last chance of Hope. I hope I'm not wrong though.

Good luck to those who are still under review like I am

Not sure. But they told me they is a very slim chance they are giving out any more interviews and to stop calling them. I’m still under review and email them every week for an update. I don’t know why they can’t just email us saying we are rejected.
I believe it is because there are some people that end up rejecting the acceptance and there are some that get accepted to other colleges and decide to go to that one, and that's why they keep us for that slim chance.
Let's hope until we see what happens :/

I checked the group me, is there really only 133 ppl who have been accepted

I checked the group me, is there really only 133 ppl who have been accepted
not everyone whos been accepted joins the groupme/facebook group. Only real way to know is if the school keeps an internal list and communicates that number (for example, UMN gives an internal list for the class, facebook/groupme does not match the number of people accepted, its much less). My guess is the class is larger than 131 students. For a class size of 300, they should be more filled than that since the cycle is starting to come to a close

not everyone whos been accepted joins the groupme/facebook group. Only real way to know is if the school keeps an internal list and communicates that number (for example, UMN gives an internal list for the class, facebook/groupme does not match the number of people accepted, its much less). My guess is the class is larger than 131 students. For a class size of 300, they should be more filled than that since the cycle is starting to come to a close
I think the class is close to full since the FB group has around 460 ppl.

Interviewed 3/21, Waitlisted 3/31, Accepted 4/14 4:45pm EST

- No Letter of Intent
- Yes Letter of Interest
- International applicant
Hey did you get a call or just an update on email and portal ?

does anyone have a link to the official 2027 dds nyu fb page?

Also, does anyone have a list of places that are considered "closeby" to nyu dental school? I dont live in NY so i have no idea what is a reasonable enough commute to this school. Please and thank you.

How many people are still on the waitlist? Did you guys hear anything from the admission recently?

Interviewed 12/14
Waitlist 12/16
Admittance 4/11
Looking for a roommate in one of the NYU recommended apartment complexes!
DM me on instagram: handle @ncthaniel

Interviewed 12/14
Waitlist 12/16
Admittance 4/11
Looking for a roommate in one of the NYU recommended apartment complexes!
DM me on instagram: handle @ncthaniel
I sent about 10 update emails/asking about progress on my app while on waitlist… keep communicating!

Accepted 04/18 @1:45pm EST. Good luck to yall. Keep reaching out to admission. It works

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted 04/18 @1:45pm EST. Good luck to yall. Keep reaching out to admission. It works
Hey do you mind sharing when were you waitlisted and did you get a call or an email update ?

Hey do you mind sharing when were you waitlisted and did you get a call or an email update ?

I’m pretty sure that all the acceptance notifications are through an email saying that there has been an update to your application

Sure I was waitlisted in Feb. I got an email of continued interest in March. I got a status update email yesterday around 1:45 EST

Just so you know 75% of the current D3 class just failed the one-credit course and probably had to remediate while the professors mainly blamed the students for not preparing enough
So does this mean 75 percent of the class needs to spend another year and 100k on tuition? That can’t be true right?

Does anyone If nyu class size for class of 2027 is full ?

Can any current student speak to if these costs are worth attending? What if you can cover living expenses? Is it worth it?
if you can get out of dental school for under 400k it may still be worth it. But if you are comfortable coming out of school in 600-700k in debt, I would rethink how much money that is. If you have other options I would consider that.

Do they acknowledge the receipt of LOI or reply to the e-mails asking for updates on the app?
Not sure. But they told me they is a very slim chance they are giving out any more interviews and to stop calling them. I’m still under review and email them every week for an update. I don’t know why they can’t just email us saying we are rejected.
Do they acknowledge the receipt of LOI or reply to the e-mails asking for updates on the app?

Idk about LOI, but for updates, if you send them an email about updating your app, then they def do reply. Just yesterday I got an email from back from them on a Saturday! which I thought was dope. But if you send an email asking for an update about your app status from their end, then I know from my experience and From ppl who msged on here that they barely reply and will basically politely tell you to stop. Hope this helped

Idk about LOI, but for updates, if you send them an email about updating your app, then they def do reply. Just yesterday I got an email from back from them on a Saturday! which I thought was dope. But if you send an email asking for an update about your app status from their end, then I know from my experience and From ppl who msged on here that they barely reply and will basically politely tell you to stop. Hope this helped
That's helpful. Thank you.

So does this mean 75 percent of the class needs to spend another year and 100k on tuition? That can’t be true right?
No, the professors are giving the students another opportunity to retake the exam with new questions.