*** The Official Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan1208

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
There hasn't been a new post for Meharry College of Dentistry C/O 2023, so here it is! Best of luck to everyone!

Link to interview prep: Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be my third time applying to Meharry and this is the first time I have seen the video interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You don't think this will replace and in-person interview, do you?
Definitely not, think the video interview is kinda like their supplemental app without the writing.

Reactions: 1 users
"your passion for medicine" what are you guys going to say? any thoughts ?

First time applying to dental school. AA male nontraditional student. Visited the campus about 8 years ago on my family visit to Nashville. This is my number one choice.

Whats this about a video interview?

Whats the time limit for the video? Do will still need to write a supplemental essay. Im excited about it. I am really good at interviews. Writing not so much...

also they changed "your passion for medicine to your passion for dentistry" make sense!

I wondered the same thing.
you can, I've recorded so many times because the sound keeps cutting off...still can't get it to work. I've recorded with and without headphones :/

you can, I've recorded so many times because the sound keeps cutting off...still can't get it to work. I've recorded with and without headphones :/
so its only voice recording or video as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys read from notes while recording or spoke freely?

This will be my third time applying to Meharry and this is the first time I have seen the video interview.
SAME!! WE WILL GET IN THIS TIME! third times a charm!

i was wondering the same thing!
I wrote what I wanted to say down and used it occasionally during the video interview. I tried looking into the camera as much as possible. And try starting your video smiling and ending your video with a smile. Good luck!

Did anyone ever figure out how to get the audio to work when recording yourself?
I used a microphone from a gaming headset to catch my voice better.I didn’t wear it, just held it closer to my face keeping it out of view. There wasn’t any lagging in the audio, so it worked. I’m sure you could try using a mic off a headphone set.

were you guys able to hear yourself after filming the video? I couldn't hear anything, so i called them and they said it's supposed to be like that.. but I just wanna make sure !

were you guys able to hear yourself after filming the video? I couldn't hear anything, so i called them and they said it's supposed to be like that.. but I just wanna make sure !
I basically had to shout for the sound to pick up lol, but I was able to hear it after recording!

I could hear myself after playing the video back.

Has anyone submitted in the supplement yet? I was going to submit by the end of this week but not sure if that would be considered late?

The only way I was able to record sound was by using headphones with a microphone. It seems like I might not be the only one but I was having some trouble with the recording too. I finally got a good take and for some reason it only recorded 8 seconds of what I said so just be prepared to possibly have to take it a few times before the recording gets everything. Good luck to everyone!

After you submit your primary AADSAS how long does it take to get the secondary? Is it instant?

I submitted my application on 7/16, got the receipt on 7/17 and received the secondary on 8/1. My friends and I received the secondary on the same day. Hope this helps!

what is everything? isn't it just the secondary and fee?

Hey, I got in touch with a Meharry admissions advisor. He told me that the whole “waiting on additional information” status was a glitch. If you have turned everything in, then you should be fine!

Did you guys dress up in business casual for the video interview or you just did it in everyday clothes?

Did you guys dress up in business casual for the video interview or you just did it in everyday clothes?

I just had a tshirt on. Honestly, you could only really see from my neck up. And the outline of my T-shirt. As long as your message is clear, and concise with what they want attire shouldn’t be a huge factor. But that is just my opinion, and others could think otherwise.

How long was your video answer. Mine is just over a minute. Does that look bad?

hi guys! my status on aadsas adea changed from "waiting for additional information" to "under review"..... but i still havent submited my secondary lol. has this happened to anyone else?

hi guys! my status on aadsas adea changed from "waiting for additional information" to "under review"..... but i still havent submited my secondary lol. has this happened to anyone else?

Mine have also changed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.