**** The Official Loma Linda (LLU) Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe LLU is at fault for not having very clear admission criteria, but I think all of us can attest that LLU admission were always kind and respectful. I have dealt with other universities where when I asked to clarify information on the website, they would send me a link directing me to the website- and when I emailed again, their response was rude. There are some really terrible/unprofessional people out there, but LLU isn't one of them. I'm sorry to hear you got rejected. I'd be really upset too. But remember hard work and a positive attitude will pay off eventually.
Maybe LLU is at fault for not having very clear admission criteria, but I think all of us can attest that LLU admission were always kind and respectful. I have dealt with other universities where when I asked to clarify information on the website, they would send me a link directing me to the website- and when I emailed again, their response was rude. There are some really terrible/unprofessional people out there, but LLU isn't one of them. I'm sorry to hear you got rejected. I'd be really upset too. But remember hard work and a positive attitude will pay off eventually.

Please do not lecture me. I have great attitude. How would you know about LLU's professionalism? Did you collect enough data from applicants? Was it a statistically significant number? What were your questions to applicants to determine LLU's professionalism?
I just want to share my experience with others which is very important when people apply to Loma Linda. Information on acceptance criteria should be posted so applicants do not waste their hard earned money. It's Loma Linda's decision who should be accepted and how they are going to evaluate applicants but LLU must be honest in their process and it appears as they are not disclosing a very important fact.
I have never received rude response from any university. LLU was prompt and respectful in their response although I did not agree with their review process as it looks deceitful. Requirements listed on their website as well as verbally given when called before applying do not agree with what their response is to rejected applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is so true. It’s disgusting what this school did this cycles turning away great students all for a DAT score. For such a religious and moral school, they pulled the dirtiest move

I agree, LLU should post their strict requirements so students that do not meet LLU's DAT score do not waste application money ($300) and focus on different schools that value GPA.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an interview invite via email yesterday at 4:29PM. I called the admissions office this morning, and scheduled my interview for 12/12! So incredibly thankful!
*This is my second time applying to LLU! Good luck to everyone applying!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invite via email yesterday at 4:29PM. I called the admissions office this morning, and scheduled my interview for 12/12 at 10AM! So incredibly thankful!
Residency: California
Overall GPA: 3.16; Science GPA: 2.93
DAT: 19AA; 19 science; 21 PAT
Dental related shadowing: 214 hrs
Volunteer: 772 hrs
Research: 582 hrs

*This is my second time applying to LLU! Good luck to everyone applying!

Congratulation to you. You should celebrate.
I was rejected with GPA 3.9 ( twice on President's list) DAT 20 , University Award for Excellence and Leadership.
3 Awards for non-academic achievements, + + . Dental shadowing of 260 hrs, Biologics research in dentistry about 400 hrs many hours of volunteering.
My rejection letter stated that I was not competitive for LLU, when I phoned I was told they accept students with DAT of 21 or higher ONLY.
So I see they also lied to me.

Reactions: 1 user
I was rejected with GPA 3.9 ( twice on President's list) DAT 20 , University Award for Excellence and Leadership.
3 Awards for non-academic achievements, + + . Dental shadowing of 260 hrs, Biologics research in dentistry about 400 hrs many hours of volunteering.
My rejection letter stated that I was not competitive for LLU, when I phoned I was told they accept students with DAT of 21 or higher ONLY.

That is so not fair what LLU is doing.
U shd be at least invited for interview.
I know how hard it is to get GPA 3.7 which I have and was rejected as well
I paid application money which is quite high to be rejected before they even got my recommendations

Didn't you get interviews with other schools?

Well guys... I have 24 DAT and no sections below 21 yet I was rejected within 10 days of submitting supplemental. So...... :(

(Pretty sure they are looking for a specific type of applicants, and they just tried to come up with reasons why they denied us. You guys are all very strong candidates and I'm sure you will be accepted to somewhere else. @cystinosis @Me-dentist )

you are definitely going to get into another school. your stats are very mind blowing!!! congratulations in advance

Well guys... I have 24 DAT and no sections below 21 yet I was rejected within 10 days of submitting supplemental. So...... :(

(Pretty sure they are looking for a specific type of applicants, and they just tried to come up with reasons why they denied us. You guys are all very strong candidates and I'm sure you will be accepted to somewhere else. @cystinosis @Me-dentist )
Am thinking it had something to do with some answers to the personal questions on the secondary application. Because there is no other way to explain this. I heard they are so big on faith and spirituality, so if they don't get that from the applicant, they may decide not to move forward with them. Am sure you are going to get into another great school. Your stats are very very good!! Good luck and congratulations in advance

Am thinking it had something to do with some answers to the personal questions on the secondary application. Because there is no other way to explain this. I heard they are so big on faith and spirituality, so if they don't get that from the applicant, they may decide not to move forward with them. Am sure you are going to get into another great school. Your stats are very very good!! Good luck and congratulations in advance

It can't be religion because I am a Catholic and went to a Catholic school from kindergarden to grade 12 and I did all the church volunteering things . Maybe they do not like Catholics.

Has anyone interviewed at LLU somewhat recently? Thoughts on how it went? Also, I have seen previously on the thread that it is closed file but from other sources that it is open

Has anyone interviewed at LLU somewhat recently? Thoughts on how it went? Also, I have seen previously on the thread that it is closed file but from other sources that it is open
I interviewed in October and is close file they just asked me about my personal life my upbringings it was pretty relaxed

Members don't see this ad :)
Received a call at 10:30am that I was accepted!!! Woohoo, top choice, can't wait to send them a deposit!

Hey guys! I had an interview scheduled for this Thursday December 7th. I cancelled this morning. I think their interviews weigh a lot on the secondary application. I applied here as a safe school and after reading this thread I am shocked at those who got rejections.
Good luck to everyone!

Hey guys! I had an interview scheduled for this Thursday December 7th. I cancelled this morning. I think their interviews weigh a lot on the secondary application. I applied here as a safe school and after reading this thread I am shocked at those who got rejections.
Good luck to everyone!
I respect your opinion, but I certainly don't recommend cancelling. This forum has a lot of hail and brimstone, but when I went to Loma Linda, I was very pleasantly surprised at how professional the operation is, how kind the staff and students are, and how beautiful the campus is. The other dental schools that I went to paled in comparison. It's better to hold out until you see the school for yourself. This university is very well respected, and for many good reasons. I have yet to hear of a student who doesn't like the school.
Just my two cents.

I respect your opinion, but I certainly don't recommend cancelling. This forum has a lot of hail and brimstone, but when I went to Loma Linda, I was very pleasantly surprised at how professional the operation is, how kind the staff and students are, and how beautiful the campus is. It's better to hold out until you see the school for yourself. This university is very well respected, and for many good reasons. I have yet to hear of a student who doesn't like the school.
Just my two cents.

I'm not questioning their professionalism nor their level of respect. I received acceptances this morning to other schools. I live in New York and had other schools higher on my list that I would attend first before making the move completely across the country. I was open to the idea for the right school, but now that I've been accepted to other schools I have more interest in I'm passing. Thanks for your two cents.

got accepted too on December 1st at 10:30ish. so happy. good luck to everyone.

Got accepted yesterday. Somehow I got an interview and got accepted without a spiritual letter of recommendation.

I made it on the waiting list. Still very grateful.

Got accepted yesterday. Somehow I got an interview and got accepted without a spiritual letter of recommendation.
I was accepted as well, but had a weird screwup where my spiritual recommendation letter was never sent, but instead a friend of mine who's a complete atheist sent a letter instead. Obviously everything turned out okay, but I didn't even catch the mistake until after my interview.

Has anyone had a post-Dec interview? If you have, have you heard back yet? Accepted/waitlisted/rejected?
Why are you attending post-Dec interviews at schools like LLU, MWU-AZ, LECOM, case if you were already accepted to UCLA? I would totally choose UCLA over your post-Dec schools! (No offense intended, just curious :))

Why are you attending post-Dec interviews at schools like LLU, MWU-AZ, LECOM, case if you were already accepted to UCLA? I would totally choose UCLA over your post-Dec schools! (No offense intended, just curious :))
Possibly not attending the others (they're all next year), have only attended LLU's. I like the environment there because it's similar to the one I was raised in, and just want to have choices. Also not really sure if I want to specialize or not yet.

I know it is a bit early. Is anyone planning to move to Loma Linda in June 2018? I'm planning to find an apartment with 2-3 female roommates. I need to find roommates first. LOL

Yea UCLA is like 130K cheaper. Though I'm happy I got into LLU, I wish the tuition was a bit lower.

The tuition is crazy. A 3rd dental student told me we should be looking at about 450-500k loan debt. UCLA is definitely cheaper, but the cost of living balances out the130k

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The tuition is crazy. A 3rd dental student told me we should be looking at about 450-500k loan debt. UCLA is definitely cheaper, but the cost of living balances out the130k

Do you live in LA?

Bumping my question because it became to be about how I got into UCLA lol :bookworm: Anyone?

It’s most likely you will hear back in Mid-January. My friend who had hers on 15th Dec. was told she will hear back around mid-Jan coz that’s when the committee sits and they make their final decisions.

Just put down my deposit. See you all next year!

Didn’t see this thread until now haha but I also got my acceptance call at the start of December. Can’t wait to meet you all!

I got rejected at LLU some time in October (because I got a RC score of 19), but I just got an interview invite. I thought they got emails mixed up but on AADSAS, my status changed from "Declined" to "Invited for Interview". Can this happen? I wanted to call them, but they are not open until Monday so I'm curious. Has this happened to anyone ?

I got rejected at LLU some time in October (because I got a RC score of 19), but I just got an interview invite. I thought they got emails mixed up but on AADSAS, my status changed from "Declined" to "Invited for Interview". Can this happen? I wanted to call them, but they are not open until Monday so I'm curious. Has this happened to anyone ?

LLU has the strangest way of evaluating applicants. I got rejected with GPA3.71 Science GPA 3.8 PAT24 RC 19 and was told that rc was too low. Now they are inviting people with lower RC, well I got accepted to NOVA and U Mich , so NO, thank you LLU, not interested.

LLU has the strangest way of evaluating applicants. I got rejected with GPA3.71 Science GPA 3.8 PAT24 RC 19 and was told that rc was too low. Now they are inviting people with lower RC, well I got accepted to NOVA and U Mich , so NO, thank you LLU, not interested.
Yea, I have similar stats and I was so confused when I got rejected. I don't even think a 19 is "low". Having options is nice, but I think I might just stick to schools I got accepted into as well.

Interviewed in mid December and received a rejection letter this morning. LLUSD really impressed me and I wish everyone else the best. I have two more interviews lined up so I'm hopeful.

Did anyone get accepted or got put on the alternate list?

Hey everyone have they sent a alternate list email yet?thanks

Congratz to everyone who got in.I’m a 4th year student at LLU and it’s a good school.My brother also recently got into LLU,USC,and UCLA.Like I was encouraging my brother,I wanted to come here and encourage all of you who have multiple acceptances and options to go to state public schools if you have the opportunity because as a 4th year student me and most of my classmates have over half a million dollars in student debt once I graduate.I did not get acceptances to state schools.its was definitely a difficult to convince my brother

If you need other advise let me know,message me,but I might not respond immediately

Thank you for this! The message here is go to the cheapest school if you have that option. That is exactly what am going to do. I really loved LLU though

Hey everyone I was recently placed on the waiting list about a few weeks ago I interviewed in November.Has anyone been placed on the high alternate list cause they had a ranked one last year looking at the last years thread

Hey everyone have they sent a alternate list email yet?thanks
So Zaria92, it seems that you are a dental student at least at 3 dental schools. On Feb 17/17 you claimed that you are a D1 student at Roseman, then April 18/17 you claimed that you are a dental student at NYU and then on Dec 31/17 you claimed that you are a third year student at MidWestern. So what is your deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
originally It's my school conselors account,for the pre-dental club,so many people have had access to the account

Status
Not open for further replies.