**** The Official Loma Linda (LLU) Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

sake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!!!

I received secondary invitation today.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck everyone!!!

I received secondary invitation today.
Congrats!!! I have a couple of questions for you...
1. I'm a re-applicant and last year during the interview I was told that we needed 150 hours of volunteering in a dental clinic. Is that still the case? There's nothing about it on the website, but I've been busting my butt this past year in case.
2. What are some of the questions on the supplemental app? I would greatly appreciate some insight :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!! I have a couple of questions for you...
1. I'm a re-applicant and last year during the interview I was told that we needed 150 hours of volunteering in a dental clinic. Is that still the case? There's nothing about it on the website, but I've been busting my butt this past year in case.
2. What are some of the questions on the supplemental app? I would greatly appreciate some insight :)
For question 1, I was not aware of this so, not sure >< All I did was around 150 hours of shadowing if that counts as volunteering.....
For question 2, I will pm you in details! Just for everyone, supplementals are super long!!! So be prepared! :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Will be an incoming D1 this August. Feel free to pm or ask any questions. Happy to help in any way possible. Good luck!

For question 1, I was not aware of this so, not sure >< All I did was around 150 hours of shadowing if that counts as volunteering.....
For question 2, I will pm you in details! Just for everyone, supplementals are super long!!! So be prepared! :)

Thank you so much!!! It'll be nice to get a head start on things. I'm pretty sure they'll send me another supplemental considering I interviewed there last year (at least I hope). I just submitted on July 3rd, so hopefully that doesn't hurt my application. Anyways, about the volunteering hours, I wasn't aware of this last year either. I had a lot of volunteering hours, but none were dental clinic related. I also worked in a dental office at the time, but they explained that it isn't the same as volunteering in a clinic. When I talked about my volunteering hours during the interview, I was told that they generally require 150 of volunteering in a dental clinic specifically (not to be confused with a dental office). I've been able to get some hours done, but there aren't that many dental clinics that allow volunteering where I live and the ones there are are completely booked with pre-dent volunteers; some even have a waitlist. So I'm not exactly near the 150 mark, but at least I got some in. The weird thing is that there isn't anything about this requirement on the website.

Will be an incoming D1 this August. Feel free to pm or ask any questions. Happy to help in any way possible. Good luck!
Hey there! Thanks for offering your help. I was curious who you had write your spiritual letter of recommendation. I've heard it's as simple as getting someone who knows your spiritual history to write a letter, but does it look better if the letter is from a spiritual leader of some sort (i.e. priest or pastor)???

Hey there! Thanks for offering your help. I was curious who you had write your spiritual letter of recommendation. I've heard it's as simple as getting someone who knows your spiritual history to write a letter, but does it look better if the letter is from a spiritual leader of some sort (i.e. priest or pastor)???

I do attend church, so I asked my pastor to write me a letter for the spiritual letter. But I do think you are correct, it can come from anyone who can write on behalf of knowing you and your spiritual journey. It's probably best if it did come from a pastor, church leader, bible study teacher..etc and not from family or friends.

For the "Additional Recommendations" section on the supplemental, I need to list a spiritual leader to give an additional letter (since none of my AADSAS letter writers fulfill that requirement). Does anyone know if I can have my letter writer submit to Interfolio, and then go from Interfolio to the LLU secondary? Or does it have to be directly to LLU through the secondary?

For the "Additional Recommendations" section on the supplemental, I need to list a spiritual leader to give an additional letter (since none of my AADSAS letter writers fulfill that requirement). Does anyone know if I can have my letter writer submit to Interfolio, and then go from Interfolio to the LLU secondary? Or does it have to be directly to LLU through the secondary?
I think it's easier if it's directly to LLU. Just provide email address of the recommender and they will receive a link to submit directly to the secondary. They will receive a link to submit AFTER you submit the secondary

What is the latest I should send in my application to ADEA without it severely hurting my chances at Loma Linda?

What is the latest I should send in my application to ADEA without it severely hurting my chances at Loma Linda?

The longer you wait, the chances for pre-dec interview becomes slimmer. Submit your aadsas as soon as you can this month, and you should receive secondary sometime in August. If all goes well, I think you can make it in for a pre-dec interview. If they only have post-dec interviews, its not the end of the world, but you may end up with waitlist. I had a pre-dec interview, but was not accepted right on dec 1. feel free to PM if you need any help :)

How long is the secondary application? Are they just questions about personal history?

How long is the secondary application? Are they just questions about personal history?
4 Open response essays, 4000 characters max. Yes, they ask personal history questions. They explicitly ask about your history of drug, alcohol and tobacco use.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One question, if I want to add a recommender for the secondary application, does he or she have to write an rec letter or just fill in a form (I heard from someone) ? Can someone confirm this, thanks.

One question, if I want to add a recommender for the secondary application, does he or she have to write an rec letter or just fill in a form (I heard from someone) ? Can someone confirm this, thanks.

If I understand you correctly, you just add them and they get a request email. They then send the letter in

Did anyone else get the 'good samaritan' email today? LOL I thought it was an update. Nice reminder of the parable though haha

Hi, I need your opinion about whether to apply to Loma Linda or not?
I have Master's degree in engineering with 120 hours of fellowship. These are my DAT scores:
AA: 23, TS: 22, PAT: 22, RC; 20, Bio: 20, GC: 23, OC: 26, QR: 28
I am not Christian and I can't get a recommendation letter from a pastor or church leader.

Hi, I need your opinion about whether to apply to Loma Linda or not?
I have Master's degree in engineering with 120 hours of fellowship. These are my DAT scores:
AA: 23, TS: 22, PAT: 22, RC; 20, Bio: 20, GC: 23, OC: 26, QR: 28
I am not Christian and I can't get a recommendation letter from a pastor or church leader.
You probabaly shouldnt apply if you arent religiously inclined. That spiritual leader LOR is required.

Does the secondary application need to be finished as fast as possible? Or, is any day before the deadline ok??

Anyone get an interview? I checked the old posts and they started sending out interviews late July last year. This year, it's 8/17 and still nothing.

How can I submit the spiritual leader LoR? I already submitted 4 letters to AADSAS...

Can I use interfolio to send it?

Hey everyone! Wondering if anyone has received an interview offer yet. I know someone already asked, but it does seem to be getting later in the cycle with no one saying they received interview offers just yet.... kinda weird... just sayin...

Anyone else get an email this morning from LLU about "Funding your education?"

Has anyone got an interview yet!?
Haven't heard back from them yet, besides those emails about faith and FAQs about Loma Linda.

Edit: Secondary was completed on July 27th and the email says it would take up to 6 weeks for them to send an email with their decision. It will be 7 weeks as of tomorrow. I guess they're a little late because of the switch to the new system. They are also might be interviewing less days with more amounts of people? Just a guess.

Yeah my secondary was don early July,why do you think there interviewing less days with more amounts of people this year?thanks

Yeah my secondary was don early July,why do you think there interviewing less days with more amounts of people this year?thanks
No real evidence to back it up. Just a guess because it's already almost midway through September and the new system allows them to compare applicants better. This time last year, LLU had already sent out invites.

I had called LLUSD's admission office to see when they may start sending out interviews and was told they were going to start the week of September 5th (so last week). I don't live in So Cal so I was hoping that if I did get an interview I would be able to schedule it the same time as my other So Cal interview that's currently scheduled in October. Last year when I interviewed with LLU I had to fly there twice (once for a "consult" and again for a formal interview; yes, I could have done the consult over the phone but didn't want to risk not showing my face). Also, if anyone does end up getting a "consult" I would suggest doing it over the phone unless you live close and can drive there easily. When I did interview I was asked why I was interviewing so late in the cycle (around January) and I told my interviewer that I had a consult in December and was given an interview offer the same day (my consult time was given to me in October, fyi). So yeah, I really want to go to Loma Linda but I think they like asking a lot of their applicants which tends to get very expensive.

Hopefully that makes some sense and puts some of you guys at ease. I'm hoping to hear from Loma Linda soon, but I'm getting other interview offers at this point. Although I'm willing to fly wherever I need to for an interview I also need to see what I can afford and would like to save some $ if possible. Loma Linda is one of my top choices but if I get into another good program sooner then so be it! Hopefully we hear from them soon! It would be really helpful if someone else gives them a call too and let's everyone know what they say (just sayin).

Hey everyone! Wondering if anyone has received an interview offer yet. I know someone already asked, but it does seem to be getting later in the cycle with no one saying they received interview offers just yet.... kinda weird... just sayin...
I think all of u waiting are going to get interviews.. I'm assuming only because I submitted secondary around maybe July 29 or so, and got my denial like August 20ish. So I think they sent out denials as they come and the rest of y'all are waiting on interviews cuz u passed that round maybe? Idk lol

I think all of u waiting are going to get interviews.. I'm assuming only because I submitted secondary around maybe July 29 or so, and got my denial like August 20ish. So I think they sent out denials as they come and the rest of y'all are waiting on interviews cuz u passed that round maybe? Idk lol
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope many more interviews come your way!

Just received an invitation to interview!
Residency: California
GPA: Around 3.8 for both overall and science
DAT: 22AA, 21 science, 26 PAT

Reactions: 3 users
That's awesome! Congrats! When did you submit your secondary?
Thanks! They sent me the secondary on the 6th of July, and I submitted it the 17th. But because of the recommendation letters, it wasn't complete until the 26th. So it's been a couple months now, but time sure flies!

Rejected by Loma Linda today (12:23 PM EST).
Stats in signature; California Resident.
Also rejected today. NJ resident.
3.6, 3.6 sGPA, oGPA. 24AA.
Kinda bummed. I thought I had solid recs, extracurriculars (some which are religious), and a good reference from spiritual leader.

Just got a rejection too

22 dat, 3.9 gpa, excellent LOR, excellent spiritual LOR, masters degree.

I didn't have 150 shadowing hours which I heard Is recommend, so that may be it. Sort of bummed.

When did you guys receive "LLUSD has received your supplemental application" email?

Also rejected today. NJ resident.
3.6, 3.6 sGPA, oGPA. 24AA.
Kinda bummed. I thought I had solid recs, extracurriculars (some which are religious), and a good reference from spiritual leader.
Who tf do they think they are seriously some of these schools are getting greedy and need to humble themselves

It's tough but hang in there. In my opinion, llu is unique in what they look for in their students. Just to give you an idea many of my classmates have community service in the hundreds of hours and one of the requirement of graduation is completing community service (I think 150) but most go well over this.

I didn't have any service hours in a dental clinic but I had many hours shadowing and working as an assistant and lots of community service hours serving a cause that was important to me. The whole application can be a frustrating and desperate times but hang in there. Develop yourself, keep your grades up and critically review your entire application. I thought my app was pretty good but going through multiple application cycles is a truly humbling experience.

Good luck!

I just got this email a few minutes ago. Anyone else receive something like this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 2.05.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 2.05.23 PM.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 294
Status
Not open for further replies.