**** The Official Loma Linda (LLU) Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I just received the same email. I'm wondering if this means interview invite?
I'm OOS. How about you
I just got this email a few minutes ago. Anyone else receive something like this?
Yeah. I just received the same email. I'm wondering if this means interview invite?
I'm OOS. How about you?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm OOS. How about you

I'm OOS. How about you?
Cali resident

Members don't see this ad :)
11/2. But they are willing to work with you regarding dates. So far, other schools have just been throwing dates at me to choose from.
So we're there dates earlier then that like in October?thanks

Sorry to hear the bad news. I feel you. I am just wondering, were you meeting all the online criteria before you applied? I am wondering how come they send rejections so early, or how does their system work? This is my first time applying.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I feel you. I am just wondering, were you meeting all the online criteria before you applied? I am wondering how come they send rejections so early, or how does their system work? This is my first time applying.

Last edited:
Thank you. This is my first time applying as well. I am not sure what they look for specifically. I have a high GPA and decent DAT scores, taken most of their recommended coursework, shadowed for a dentist who is an LLU alumn, did research, etc. They may have thought that I didn't exactly fit what they were looking for...or that's what I like to think :( Good luck on your app! If you haven't heard from them, that may be a good sign!
I'd like to think so, however, ADEA ADSAS took two months to verify my course load and even though I applied the first week, I received the Supplemental Application end of August which I sent back the next day and they started looking at my application about a week ago. I am in a lot of suspense now hearing how early they let you know, but at the same time, better earlier than later. Have you applied anywhere else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to think so, however, ADEA ADSAS took two months to verify my course load and even though I applied the first week, I received the Supplemental Application end of August which I sent back the next day and they started looking at my application about a week ago. I am in a lot of suspense now hearing how early they let you know, but at the same time, better earlier than later. Have you applied anywhere else?

Last edited:
Rejected. Sucks considering I interviewed last year late in the cycle and was told by my interviewer to make sure that I apply again because he thought I would be a great fit at LLUSD. For those of you getting "consults" I had one last year as well (go back a few posts to see a recap of my experience). In short, no, it is not an interview, and yes, you will have to go back again to interview if you are offered one. Esther is super nice and has been at Loma Linda for a long time, but there was something in your application that "flagged" them in some way shape or form. For me, it was my low GPA, so she wanted to see what the circumstances behind my low GPA were (i.e. worked full time all through out college). Good luck to all of you that were offered interviews! It'll be a closed file interview meaning your interviewer will know nothing about you upon sitting down.

I won't be following this thread anymore so PM me if you have any questions!

Reactions: 2 users
I received an email to set up a consultation. Is it a bad thing?

I was rejected so fast from this school after submitting secondaries. Haven't heard back from any other schools yet still. I had a low QR score and average gpa but lots of volunteer work, a good spiritual letter, lots of community service but they said I wasn't competitive. Kind of scares me but I'm just hoping this school is just looking for something super specific and it doesn't mean I'm actually not competitive.

I called them to ask why I got rejected after submitting secondaries. They said that everything looked great except for the 19 on RC. They said 19 on RC was too low :/ I asked them if the rejection had anything to do with my essay responses and they said no ... so yeah lol I guess they want to see 20 and or above on everything. I thought their email was rude though. I'm sure you'll get an invite somewhere :)

I called them to ask why I got rejected after submitting the secondary. They said that everything looked great except for the 19 on RC. They said 19 on RC was too low :/ I asked them if the rejection had anything to do with my essay responses and they said no ... so yeah lol I guess they want to see 20 and or above on everything. I thought their email was rude though. I'm sure you'll get an invite somewhere :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Wow they think a 19 RC is too low? I have a friend that got into great schools with a 17 RC and 19AA. That's just crazy to me 19 is a great score on that section.

That gives me hope as I have not received any invites yet. Thank you. I spoke to some dental school admissions and they even said that 19 isn't necessarily a "low" score. LLU needs to chill lol but I totally feel you. Their email was a bit harsh telling me that I'm "not competitive". Other schools have told me otherwise, so you're good! Don't worry.

Last edited:
That gives me hope as I have not received any invites yet. Thank you. I spoke to some dental school admissions and they even said that 19 isn't necessarily a "low" score. LLU needs to chill lol but I totally feel you. Their email was a bit harsh telling me that I'm "not competitive". Other schools have told me otherwise, so you're good! Don't worry.

Last edited:
I called them to ask why I got rejected after submitting secondaries. They said that everything looked great except for the 19 on RC. They said 19 on RC was too low :/ I asked them if the rejection had anything to do with my essay responses and they said no ... so yeah lol I guess they want to see 20 and or above on everything. I thought their email was rude though. I'm sure you'll get an invite somewhere :)
Tbh, it sounds like they tried really hard to think of a reason why they rejected you lol. It blows my mind that they said they rejected you because of a 19 in one section.

Also rejected today. NJ resident.
3.6, 3.6 sGPA, oGPA. 24AA.
Kinda bummed. I thought I had solid recs, extracurriculars (some which are religious), and a good reference from spiritual leader.
Those are good stats!

I was rejected as well by Loma Linda before all my recommendations were even received. I just do not get it??? No explanation either.
I had GPA3.71 Science GPA 3.8 PAT24 DAT 19 , 200hrs shadowing 400 research in dentistry biotechnology, Christian volunteering (catholic). I am also an athlete on national level, compete internationally. They rejected me before even my spiritual recommendation letters were submitted.
SO I DO NOT GET IT . And my priest sent a very good recommendation too ( but they did not review it)
Can someone explain?

Those are good stats!

I was rejected as well by Loma Linda before all my recommendations were even received. I just do not get it??? No explanation either.
I had GPA3.71 Science GPA 3.8 PAT24 DAT 19 , 200hrs shadowing 400 research in dentistry biotechnology, Christian volunteering (catholic). I am also an athlete on national level, compete internationally. They rejected me before even my spiritual recommendation letters were submitted.
SO I DO NOT GET IT . And my priest sent a very good recommendation too ( but they did not review it)
Can someone explain?
If u have anything under 20 on the DAT they reject. This is what they told ME. obviously I don't know if it's true since my friend got in last cycle with a 19 in QR. but idk this is what the head of admissions told me regarding this cycle

If u have anything under 20 on the DAT they reject. This is what they told ME. obviously I don't know if it's true since my friend got in last cycle with a 19 in QR. but idk this is what the head of admissions told me regarding this cycle

Then as a Christian University this is highly unethical not to state this in "requirements". It looks like it is $150 money grab for supplemental application. They should not state that their approach is holistic and all that commitment to Christian values. That's why applied to Loma Linda, bcs of "Christian values" .
Last year their average GPA for admitted students was 3.4 so I can't believe they prefer students with GPA of 3. 4 over me with 3.7/3.8.

Reactions: 1 users
Then as a Christian University this is highly unethical not to state this in "requirements". It looks like it is $150 money grab for supplemental application. They should not state that their approach is holistic and all that commitment to Christian values. That's why applied to Loma Linda, bcs of "Christian values" .
Last year their average GPA for admitted students was 3.4 so I can't believe they prefer students with GPA of 3. 4 over me with 3.7/3.8.
Can you try to appeal due to the fact that they rejected you before your app was even fully complete?

For those of you who are upset because of early rejections, every dental school rejects applicants shortly after receiving applications. It's a necessary part of weeding through the thousands of deserving applicants for the few seats available for interviews. Unlike other universities, Loma Linda has the courtesy to let its applicants know ahead of time that they have been rejected, instead of making them wait several months. Just because you haven't received rejections from other universities doesn't mean that you weren't rejected by them right after submitting your application.

For those of you who are upset because of early rejections, every dental school rejects applicants shortly after receiving applications. It's a necessary part of weeding through the thousands of deserving applicants for the few seats available for interviews. Unlike other universities, Loma Linda has the courtesy to let its applicants know ahead of time that they have been rejected, instead of making them wait several months. Just because you haven't received rejections from other universities doesn't mean that you weren't rejected by them right after submitting your application.

This is not true. As long as a university still conducts interviews they will keep your file and re-visit for possible interview.
If you r rejected STATUS changes on your application.
As for LLU, it is not the "Rejection notification" I am criticizing them about but their review process ( rejecting before receiving all records is not right) .

This is not true. As long as a university still conducts interviews they will keep your file and re-visit for possible interview.
If you r rejected STATUS changes on your application.
As for LLU, it is not the "Rejection notification" I am criticizing them about but their review process ( rejecting before receiving all records is not right) .
i agree, i was rejected before all my letter of recs were in ("letter from a clergy"). And this happened the second day i submitted my application.

I got same rejection: "you are not competitive", I have had GPA=3.9 in my last 2 years and my overall science GPA = 3.89 and they told me I am not competitive but they accepted some with GPA =3.4 . And I have some research experience too. Yah, LLU words are not only harsh but not appropriate.

I got same rejection: "you are not competitive", I have had GPA=3.9 in my last 2 years and my overall science GPA = 3.89 and they told me I am not competitive but they accepted some with GPA =3.4 . And I have some research experience too. Yah, LLU words are not only harsh but not appropriate.
CALL AND COMPLAIN. Put them in their place. There is no reason with those numbers.

Has anyone heard anything from this school?like are there still pre dec interviews left

Same. I have a RC of 19 and said that's too low lmao. The lady on the phone was nice, however. She said I can email and ask for an appeal. I didn't even bother to do it but you could try.

Agreed. With that GPA and research experience, you're competitive!

It looks like LLUSD will be the first school to send out acceptances.

According to this thread, they should send them out around 4:00pm PST on 11/30.

ADA regulations state the acceptance letters can be sent only starting Dec 1. So they must date these Dec 1.

ADA regulations state the acceptance letters can be sent only starting Dec 1. So they must date these Dec 1.
Yeah not sure how they did it but last year's thread definitely has people posting on 11/30. One person even said "accepted at 4PM."

Yeah not sure how they did it but last year's thread definitely has people posting on 11/30. One person even said "accepted at 4PM."

Correct. They'll start on 11/30. They just simply phone call the accepted people and roll out the letters starting dec 1

Thanks @KkOma, how is your first year going?

It's pretty tough, not going to lie! Time management is something I need to work on. It's so easy to get behind in class, and it just builds up and stresses you out once exam season rolls in. lab is pretty stressful too at times, have to come in after hours to work on my wax ups/projects, which also affects my studies. Other than that, meeting lots of great people and it's been great so far!

Does anyone have any idea what would be the reason why my application didn’t get rejected yet, even though I scored less than AA20 on the DAT? Reading the comments above, I only imagined they would have rejected me by now. I have a great GPA, but the DAT exam was terrible. I have been waiting 11 or more weeks since I received their email since they started assessing my application. Nothing is changed on the ADEA portal. I’m praying that God will open a door for me too.

Does anyone have any idea what would be the reason why my application didn’t get rejected yet, even though I scored less than AA20 on the DAT? Reading the comments above, I only imagined they would have rejected me by now. I have a great GPA, but the DAT exam was terrible. I have been waiting 11 or more weeks since I received their email since they started assessing my application. Nothing is changed on the ADEA portal. I’m praying that God will open a door for me too.
Just hope for the best! I think probably something stood out to them from your application, whether it is extracurriculars/community service or spiritual involvement, and that's why they are just holding back until they are done with the "top" applicants on Dec 1st, so to say. No news is better than a rejection, for now. Good luck :)

Just hope for the best! I think probably something stood out to them from your application, whether it is extracurriculars/community service or spiritual involvement, and that's why they are just holding back until they are done with the "top" applicants on Dec 1st, so to say. No news is better than a rejection, for now. Good luck :)
I appreciate the encouragement.

I got rejected with GPA of 3.9 and DAT at 19 PAT 25, research in biodental lab 2 summers and lot of volunteering in underserved communities. I was toldd they do not care about GPA, only DAT so people with GPA at 3.3, 3.4 and DAT at 21 got invites. Weird, because it is much harder to maitain a high GPA through 4 years. I did not have too much time to study for DAT

I got rejected with GPA of 3.9 and DAT at 19 PAT 25, research in biodental lab 2 summers and lot of volunteering in underserved communities. I was toldd they do not care about GPA, only DAT so people with GPA at 3.3, 3.4 and DAT at 21 got invites. Weird, because it is much harder to maintain a high GPA through 4 years. I did not have too much time to study for DAT
I saw your post previously and it saddened me to read about your story. I know( probably better than anyone) its hard to maintain a high GPA- I'm finishing my 5th year next month and my lowest GPA was in one term a 3.48 (an over 3.8 overall let's just say). It is hard to believe/accept that DAT weighs 50% or more of the application- that one exam counts more than the perseverance and the tears we've shed over the years. Started to speak English as an adult, 9 years ago, it's been really hard trying to compete with all the native speakers. Ironically, science/math is my strongest suit and in DAT- RC was my highest score. I can be precise in soap carving- almost perfectly and I see the shape really well in my head- I absolutely love working with my hands and yet I did not do so well in PAT. That's why I don't see how DAT can be at all accurate? Will I do better next time, probably, cause I don't give up, but since I have a full load and several labs I don't have time to prepare right now- without hurting my GPA. Ill probably have to wait until April- May to retake it, but I will miss my chance by then. - trusting God has the best in store for everyone- either I like it or not, I will be thankful regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw your post previously and it saddened me to read about your story. I know( probably better than anyone) its hard to maintain a high GPA- I'm finishing my 5th year next month and my lowest GPA was in one term a 3.48 (an over 3.8 overall let's just say). It is hard to believe/accept that DAT weighs 50% or more of the application- that one exam counts more than the perseverance and the tears we've shed over the years. Started to speak English as an adult, 9 years ago, it's been really hard trying to compete with all the native speakers. Ironically, science/math is my strongest suit and in DAT- RC was my highest score. I can be precise in soap carving- almost perfectly and I see the shape really well in my head- I absolutely love working with my hands and yet I did not do so well in PAT. That's why I don't see how DAT can be at all accurate? Will I do better next time, probably, cause I don't give up, but since I have a full load and several labs I don't have time to prepare right now- without hurting my GPA. Ill probably have to wait until April- May to retake it, but I will miss my chance by then. - trusting God has the best in store for everyone- either I like it or not, I will be thankful regardless.
This is so true. It’s disgusting what this school did this cycles turning away great students all for a DAT score. For such a religious and moral school, they pulled the dirtiest move

This is so true. It’s disgusting what this school did this cycles turning away great students all for a DAT score. For such a religious and moral school, they pulled the dirtiest move
Maybe LLU is at fault for not having very clear admission criteria, but I think all of us can attest that LLU admission were always kind and respectful. I have dealt with other universities where when I asked to clarify information on the website, they would send me a link directing me to the website- and when I emailed again, their response was rude. There are some really terrible/unprofessional people out there, but LLU isn't one of them. I'm sorry to hear you got rejected. I'd be really upset too. But remember hard work and a positive attitude will pay off eventually.

The most deceiving thing is that Loma Linda NEVER posted this requirement on the requirement webpage. You learn it only once you pay your fees and then you r surprised "how I can be rejected with GPA of 3.9?" . Almost like they want your money, once you pay they say "O, you r rejected" without any review of GPA or recommendations. You phone and you r told that one section in DAT was not high enough, but the fact that you were on President's list for 3 years and got recognized for your research etc does not count- is not ever considered. Maybe LLU should answer how ethical is their process.

Status
Not open for further replies.