2017 *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have interviewed... I understand that it is a group interview. I am typically the type of person who talks a lot, so I want to make sure I am not an interview hog... any tips on holding back? did you get a change to answer all of the questions??.. any advice would be awesome!! I am clueless! :bow:

Reactions: 1 user
Called today based on updated LECOM portal. 30 days decision meant I wasn't accepted. She told me to a apply to the Masters Program, but I am already in a Master's they had no idea about so they are re-reviewing my application.
So everyone who gets the "30 days" status is not accepted?

For those of you who have interviewed... I understand that it is a group interview. I am typically the type of person who talks a lot, so I want to make sure I am not an interview hog... any tips on holding back? did you get a change to answer all of the questions??.. any advice would be awesome!! I am clueless! :bow:
Every interviewer will be different, but the two that I had were very good about allowing everyone get enough time to answer. If they noticed one person answering more than another, they began directing the questions to specific people, but everyone got a chance to answer. Just be yourself. Know the points about yourself that you want them to know. Make it a conversation between everyone in the room.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
best advice is to be yourself, don't hold back if you have something to say because everyone should have a chance to answer, and you can even work off of each other answers sometimes but also adding your own input to it. my goal during the interview was to kind of answer first or second so that i don't find myself repeating what others say. they ultimately want to see how well you work in a group so be nice! Also, be prepared for scenario questions, questions that really make you think. dont forget to ask questions too!

I called earlier today and was told that I'm on the alternate list. Congratulations to those who got accepted!!:clap:

For those of you that interviewed, what did you guys think about LECOM's clinical experience? Does the school get enough patients and things like that?

For those of you that interviewed, what did you guys think about LECOM's clinical experience? Does the school get enough patients and things like that?
When I interviewed it seemed to be plenty of patients. That was a question that was actually brought up during the day and they informed us LECOM's patient pool is around 8000. So yes there are plenty of patients. Also the clinical facilities were really impressive.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who is accepted and is going here want to talk, messege me. I would love to meet fellow class mates before we start.

And guys don't stress the interview. It was really easy questions and my interview group was very friendly and we piggybacked off each other's answers. If you have questions you want to ask me directly feel free to messege me too. And be aware there's a soap carving portion. It's really laid back but I didn't know it existed until I got there

Anyone who is accepted and is going here want to talk, messege me. I would love to meet fellow class mates before we start.

And guys don't stress the interview. It was really easy questions and my interview group was very friendly and we piggybacked off each other's answers. If you have questions you want to ask me directly feel free to messege me too. And be aware there's a soap carving portion. It's really laid back but I didn't know it existed until I got there
Hey! I interview Wednesday! I was just wondering what the soap carving thing was all about?? thanks!!:)

Get prepared to carve soap into an eraser - I definitely wasnt.

Hey! I interview Wednesday! I was just wondering what the soap carving thing was all about?? thanks!!:)

Don't worry about it!!! Its really laid back. they give you soap and some tools and tell you to carve the eraser out of soap. they say it doesn't count for much and want to see how you work with your hands. but i don't think it counts for anything just do your best and have fun with it.

Don't worry about it!!! Its really laid back. they give you soap and some tools and tell you to carve the eraser out of soap. they say it doesn't count for much and want to see how you work with your hands. but i don't think it counts for anything just do your best and have fun with it.
okay thanks!

It's not really fair to people who interviewed without knowledge of the "activity" to post about it for future interviewees when we are all competing for the same seats...

Reactions: 3 users
the soap carving is not something you're supposed to prepare for. They just want to see your hand techniques and it's supposed to be "fun"

If I carve Mt. Rushmore into the soap do I have a better chsnce of being accepted? ;)

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Does anyone know how many spots have been filled so far?

Did anyone from the "high-priority" alternate list have their status change to the 30 day thing today? A friend who was also on the "high-priority" alternate also had their status change today.

Did anyone from the "high-priority" alternate list have their status change to the 30 day thing today? A friend who was also on the "high-priority" alternate also had their status change today.
Yes. Mine did today as well. Shannon said we are still on the same status of high priority, they just wanted to give us an actual status and not just be "on hold".

does anyone know how many are on the "High priority" and what it means? Besides the fact that anyone on it is ahead of us "regular" Alternative list people.

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days "
- is this a rejection ? I haven't interviewed there

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days "
- is this a rejection ? I haven't interviewed there
That's what the past has seemed like. I would call them and they will tell you exactly what your status is.

Is it even possible to be accepted somewhere without an interview?

are they still giving out interviews? I haven't heard back anything///
Not sure how many more interviews they're giving out but today I was one of about 15 applicants that was interviewed.

As for somebody's question about how many spots still being open, that same question was asked today and we were told that they couldn't tell us. However it was mentioned that there were definitely still spots open otherwise we wouldn't be there.

I thought it odd that they told us we are supposed to send in a letter of intent. Did anyone who interviewed before December 1st have to do this?

On the Facebook page I joined for the class there is 43 members if you guys are wondering

i interviewed before december, sent several through email to my interviewer, to admissions email and never got a reply to a single one

I thought it odd that they told us we are supposed to send in a letter of intent. Did anyone who interviewed before December 1st have to do this?

I interviewed before Dec 1st and we were also told the same thing, to email a letter of intent
Also, re: Facebook group being small -- I was accepted Dec. 1st but could never find a group...lol
but I will probably be giving up my spot very soon (I'm still deciding)

I remember reading somewhere that the waitlist chances are are close to 50 percent chance. There's no way that can be true though. Anyone have any insight on this? Or how the movement usually goes?

I remember reading somewhere that the waitlist chances are are close to 50 percent chance. There's no way that can be true though. Anyone have any insight on this? Or how the movement usually goes?
IDK about the chances from the alternate list but... April 1st is when all the schools report to each other who has put a deposit down. Then those students with multiple deposits down are informed that they must make a decision with ~15 days. So I am assuming mid-April is when a lot of movement on the Alternate list will take place

Declined interview. Good luck everyone!

When were you offered that interview?

edit: Did you mean that they declined to offer you an interview?
I was scheduled for an interview. Just cancelled. I was offered the interview in December and I scheduled for Feb.

Hey everyone, happy to let you all know that I was accepted yesterday and I'll be accepting the offer! Look forward to meeting all my future classmates

For all the future questions: I was offered an interview on 2/6, I interviewed on 2/9, and was called by Shannon at 4pm.

Reactions: 5 users
How is the interview for LECOM? I have mine coming up!