2017 *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

D

dentalstudent2021

Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview!!! 22AA, 3.4/3.3sGPA, MI resident!

For those who got interviews, when did you receive the LECOM email about your supplemental app. being processed?

So I'm planning to take biochem this coming spring but it looks like LECOM won't even process my application until I regsister for it which won't be until November. Only school I know that does that.. So looks like I have no **** here because if that? Is anyone else dealing with this? I just thought prerequisites had to be complete before MATRICULATING not before applying. Only class I still need to take.

So I'm planning to take biochem this coming spring but it looks like LECOM won't even process my application until I regsister for it which won't be until November. Only school I know that does that.. So looks like I have no **** here because if that? Is anyone else dealing with this? I just thought prerequisites had to be complete before MATRICULATING not before applying. Only class I still need to take.

They wont look at your application until you complete all your prerequisites? Did not know that. Oh well look like I can cross this school off my list

Interview set gor August 25th. They originally set it for August 18th but that's the same day as my Nova one.

What does it show for you guys under LECOM's Admissons Portal: "Required Letters and Credits - View Folder Items"?

Evening, everyone!

Curious and just want to confirm: you have to get an invitation to fill out the supplemental, right? I haven't heard a peep from LECOM. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
What does it show for you guys under LECOM's Admissons Portal: "Required Letters and Credits - View Folder Items"?
Mine says requirement met and the breakdown of required courses, dat, and letters.

Evening, everyone!

Curious and just want to confirm: you have to get an invitation to fill out the supplemental, right? I haven't heard a peep from LECOM. :/
yes, when did u submit your apps?

yes, when did u submit your apps?
Submitted 6/5/16, GPA verified 6/21/16, mailed out 6/24/16.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't sitting idly by while LECOM happened to be one of the schools who have everyone do a supplemental from their website. Thanks for confirming for me! Maybe I still have a chance. :)

We have our second child coming at September's end, so I was really hoping to knock out my long-distance interviews (like FL) before then! I reckon I just need to ease my anxiety and let it roll. Thanks again for your reply!

Submitted 6/5/16, GPA verified 6/21/16, mailed out 6/24/16.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't sitting idly by while LECOM happened to be one of the schools who have everyone do a supplemental from their website. Thanks for confirming for me! Maybe I still have a chance. :)

We have our second child coming at September's end, so I was really hoping to knock out my long-distance interviews (like FL) before then! I reckon I just need to ease my anxiety and let it roll. Thanks again for your reply!

My app mailed out the same time got supplement the same day.

do lecom send out an email telling you they process the supplemental before getting an interview? i submitted my supplemental on the first day it was available but not have heard anything back from lecom. i email them asking will my application still get process even if i haven't completed all their prereq and they told me they will still process it.

I have a red x next to the Biochem requirement in my folder on the portal. I cannot register for the course until November/December as I am taking it this coming Spring.

I emailed the admissions office about it and this is the email i got.. Does it mean that they will not put my application back into que until I physically register for the lass and send them proof? Anyone else having this issue? I have emailed and called with no response. Really bummed because I should be recieving an invite.

"Once you have the Biochemistry class scheduled please send me a copy of your registration, for your records. This will ensure your application stays in que for review.

Thanks"

Under my "admissions status" this is the message I am getting.

The Admissions Committee requests a transcript with final grades from all courses.

Assuming it is on hold for them because they need the proof I am taking Biochem but the earliest I could get that registration to them would be November..

I have a red x next to the Biochem requirement in my folder on the portal. I cannot register for the course until November/December as I am taking it this coming Spring.

I emailed the admissions office about it and this is the email i got.. Does it mean that they will not put my application back into que until I physically register for the lass and send them proof? Anyone else having this issue? I have emailed and called with no response. Really bummed because I should be recieving an invite.

"Once you have the Biochemistry class scheduled please send me a copy of your registration, for your records. This will ensure your application stays in que for review.

Thanks"

Under my "admissions status" this is the message I am getting.

The Admissions Committee requests a transcript with final grades from all courses.

Assuming it is on hold for them because they need the proof I am taking Biochem but the earliest I could get that registration to them would be November..
Just chill - there is nothing out of the ordinary with your app. Also interviews are such a crabshoot - different schools look for different things

I haven't heard back at all from LECOM. Second batch (7/1). Sent my $50 the same day. Non-disqualifying GPA, decent DAT, excellent extracurricular and leadership. Says they are still processing my apps. What gives?

I haven't heard back at all from LECOM. Second batch (7/1). Sent my $50 the same day. Non-disqualifying GPA, decent DAT, excellent extracurricular and leadership. Says they are still processing my apps. What gives?
I would take a breather. No one knows how this process works entirely.one person viewing your app may see something they like, another may not. I got waitlisted for an interview at Midwestern Arizona, but received an interview at Lecom and university of buffalo as an Illinois resident. Keep your head, they will be coming

I would take a breather. No one knows how this process works entirely.one person viewing your app may see something they like, another may not. I got waitlisted for an interview at Midwestern Arizona, but received an interview at Lecom and university of buffalo as an Illinois resident. Keep your head, they will be coming

lol I'm just worried about the flames and trolls going "haha you suck, you can't even get an interview for MWU AZ (waitlisted) and LECOM? you deserve to fail, your scores are low, your app isn't competitive blah blah blah"

Edit: waitlist interview at MWU AZ

lol I'm just worried about the flames and trolls going "haha you suck, you can't even get an interview for MWU AZ (waitlisted) and LECOM? you deserve to fail, your scores are low, your app isn't competitive blah blah blah"

Just don't stress it! When I got that interview waitlisted, I started freaking out - only to get two interview invites back to back. Just don't freak out, it won't help anything :)

You brought that upon yourself. You try to downgrade Midwestern Az and those students that received interview with lower stats than you by saying they only accept "desperate student" just because you got waitlisted. You just need to take a chill pill and stop complaining on every single thread.

You brought that upon yourself. You try to downgrade Midwestern Az and those students that received interview with lower stats than you by saying they only accept "desperate student" just because you got waitlisted. You just need to take a chill pill and stop complaining on every single thread.
Looks like I got a secret admirer.

Okay, so we don't have to send anything individually to LECOM, right? I think all my AADSAS stuff was in by the 14th, and a couple weeks previous to that I submitted the supplemental and fee. I got an interview with UF, but I'm nervous I missed something with LECOM.

Okay, so we don't have to send anything individually to LECOM, right? I think all my AADSAS stuff was in by the 14th, and a couple weeks previous to that I submitted the supplemental and fee. I got an interview with UF, but I'm nervous I missed something with LECOM.
I think you're good. You just pay the fee and start playing the waiting game :)

I actually emailed one of the ladies that work for admissions and she said that our apps are still being processed - in no particular order.

I think you're good. You just pay the fee and start playing the waiting game :)

I actually emailed one of the ladies that work for admissions and she said that our apps are still being processed - in no particular order.

Awesome, thank you! I was just freaking out that they didn't get my letter. I had to send an email because I accidentally opened the supplemental again from my phone and couldn't get it to change from "In Progress", so I hit submit and had to apologize to them for sending in a second application. :(

Awesome, thank you! I was just freaking out that they didn't get my letter. I had to send an email because I accidentally opened the supplemental again from my phone and couldn't get it to change from "In Progress", so I hit submit and had to apologize to them for sending in a second application. :(

I think I did this too. I was checking to see if it went through and I accidentally resubmitted it I think.....

I think I did this too. I was checking to see if it went through and I accidentally resubmitted it I think.....

OK, so their office is excellent at fast responses. They basically made it seem like there's no problem and to not sweat it, because all they said was that my application was waiting until they received my letters of evaluation, and when I mentioned that AADSAS sent them out and I was wondering if they would like an additional copy sent to their school, they very kindly checked the status for me and said it was complete. The bazaar thing is that she said they were just waiting on an English credit of mine which they noted I am taking this summer, but that's incorrect. I'm only taking sociology this summer, and my portal shows all my credits as completed. So honestly, I'm not even going to worry about it right now. I'm sure they're getting swamped with plenty of emails, so I'm just going to be patient, because I'm sure I'll still have the opportunity For interview despite them saying I am taking an English class right now.

For those who received a supplemental application, did you first receive an email saying that their primary application was received from AADSAS? Also, how long after your mail out date did it take for you to receive a supplemental?

OK, so their office is excellent at fast responses. They basically made it seem like there's no problem and to not sweat it, because all they said was that my application was waiting until they received my letters of evaluation, and when I mentioned that AADSAS sent them out and I was wondering if they would like an additional copy sent to their school, they very kindly checked the status for me and said it was complete. The bazaar thing is that she said they were just waiting on an English credit of mine which they noted I am taking this summer, but that's incorrect. I'm only taking sociology this summer, and my portal shows all my credits as completed. So honestly, I'm not even going to worry about it right now. I'm sure they're getting swamped with plenty of emails, so I'm just going to be patient, because I'm sure I'll still have the opportunity For interview despite them saying I am taking an English class right now.

Thank you! So helpful

How long did it take people to get a confirmation that their secondary was sent? I sent and paid on July 14th and have not received a confirmation yet. If it was snail mail, I wouldn't be surprised. However, it seems like a long time for an electronic submission.

How long did it take people to get a confirmation that their secondary was sent? I sent and paid on July 14th and have not received a confirmation yet. If it was snail mail, I wouldn't be surprised. However, it seems like a long time for an electronic submission.

Did you get the emailed receipt?

Did you get the emailed receipt?

Yep, it gave me a confirmation for the payment (but not necessarily the supplemental.) I'm assuming this is fine? I just found it strange they referenced the payment, but not the supplemental.

Yep, it gave me a confirmation for the payment (but not necessarily the supplemental.) I'm assuming this is fine? I just found it strange they referenced the payment, but not the supplemental.

Maybe verify under admissions status? That's what I have been looking at everyday lol

Maybe verify under admissions status? That's what I have been looking at everyday lol

Agreed. Mine finally changed today to show is being reviewed by adcom. Hope I get an interview by end of week