The Official June 21, 2012 MCAT thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adele358

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see alot of people make this thread for their MCAT date. I was unable to find one for this date so I took the liberty to make one. Please share what you have found works or does not work for you?

Members don't see this ad.

Prep mats: EK and Princeton Review workout book and AAMC tests
AAMC Average: 33
Goal: 35
Prediction: 32
Actual: 35Q (P11 V12 B12)

Previous exam: 32P (P11 V10 B11)

everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

Wow, this whole month has been like a movie. From the intro of pain and suffering to the climax today, and now the epilogue of relief. I'm not really happy with my score, but I'm not terribly upset.

Material: Kaplan, TPR
Practice Tests: AAMC, ave: 31.5
Predicted (V:13, P:8, B:8)
Actual (V:11, P:10, B:9), Total: 30Q

I rescheduled for August. Not sure if I should retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just joined today to pass the time waiting for those scores
Prep: Kaplan books, textbooks
AAMC avg: 37
Actual: 39 (13/13/13)

Guys, do we have to submit it to schools or does it go automatically?

MCAT Prep Material: Kaplan, various TBR (best), every AAMC test
AAMC average: 32 (Kaplan avg 32, AAMC 10 was 36 and AAMC 11 was 33)
Prediction: sub 30
Results: 33R

MCAT Prep Material: Kaplan, Examkrackers
AAMC average: 33 (PS12.2/ VR9.6/ BS11.2)
Kaplan Average: ~34 (PS11.42/ VR10.42/ BS12)
Prediction: 32 (PS12/ 9VR/ 11BS)
Actual: 13PS 11VR 11BS
WOOHOOO!!!!!

MCAT Prep Material: Kaplan course, EK books, AAMC tests
AAMC average: 33-34
Prediction: 34
Actual: 40 (13 PS/13 VS/14 BS)

I am in ABSOLUTE shock right now. I'll post more later.

2pmer here btw

2pmer here btw

Congrats, that's amazing!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 via tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT Prep Material: EK and TPR
AAMC average: 33
Prediction: 28-31

Actual: 34Q (11PS/11VR/12BS) :biglove:

VICTORY!!!! I felt like complete **** after the exam and I felt like my Verbal would be around a 7 but I guess it pulled through for me today. Beautiful, I hit my average and my target score.

Thanks a lot everyone! This thread has been epic. I wish you guys luck with your scores and this application cycle. May we never have to breathe the air of the Caribbean!

Well, that was disappointing... I feel like the PS was not curved at all. It was exactly what I expected considering how I felt about that ****ty section. Here's to next year... The new sections next year will only be experimental, right?

Well, that was disappointing... I feel like the PS was not curved at all. It was exactly what I expected considering how I felt about that ****ty section. Here's to next year... The new sections next year will only be experimental, right?
Def was curved

PS was the hardest part for me but I got a 14
V was the easiest section and it was my lowest score

MCAT Prep Material: EK and TPR
AAMC average: 33
Prediction: 28-31

Actual: 34Q (11PS/11VR/12BS) :biglove:

VICTORY!!!! I felt like complete **** after the exam and I felt like my Verbal would be around a 7 but I guess it pulled through for me today. Beautiful, I hit my average and my target score.

Thanks a lot everyone! This thread has been epic. I wish you guys luck with your scores and this application cycle. May we never have to breathe the air of the Caribbean!

YAY congrats to you!!!!
LOL i wonder how our lovely poet is doing with his caribbean lyrics

SCORES ARE POSTED!

Prep mats: EK (set, verbal 101, biol 1001), EK audio osmosis, and AAMC (book and FLs 3-8)
AAMC Average: 30
Goal: 33
Prediction 27
Actual: 7PS 10VR 8BS > 25Q

Obviously well below my goal and my prediction. I am severely disappointed in myself at the time. My spread is the inverse of what it was on my practice tests. 10VR and Q writing... If it weren't stated otherwise, you'd think I'm an English major.

Good job to all who did well and met or exceeded their goal.

2pmer here btw

wow... how did you pull that one off? we have around the same average, but you nailed it!!! Good job!

Prep: TBR for physics, chem, and orgo. EK for Bio. TPR for orgo.
AAMC Avg: 26.4 (9 PS / 8.85 VS / 8.42 BS)
Range: 7-10 Mean is 10 for PS
7-10 Mean is 9 for VS
7-10 Mean is 8 for BS
Prediction: 22 (7 PS, 8 VS, 7 BS) !!!! =(
Actual:

Actual was a 26Q which was my average. It is also 1 pt higher than my AAMC 9, 10, and 11. Is it good enough for DO schools?
8 PS - 10 VS - 8 BS
3.45 science GPA
3.66 cGPA - undergrad
4.0 GPA - grad school

Idk if I should retake...

Last edited:
Did any of you KNOW that you got a few wrong yet still get good science scores 12++?

There were two PS passages that I could not figure out for the life of me (the 2pm people know what I'm talking about) and it reflected in my PS score. I got an 11 when I usually get a 13. Still happy though. :)

Prep Material: Kaplan, EK Verbal
Practice avg: 27.5
Prediction: 25-29 (depending on VR)
Actual: 28M (9PS-8VR-11BS)

SUCCESS!!! I WILL NEVER HAVE TO READ ANOTHER VERBAL PASSAGE AGAIN!!!!!!

Hey Guys,

So I'm really freaking out now...I just got a 27O, and I only have a 3.3 GPA. I've already submitted my primary application and I was really banking on only taking this damn test once, I guess that's not the case. Can anyone please help me on what the next course of action should be. Should I retake immediately, wait a year, or send in this score to schools? Thanks a bunch and congrats to the people that reached their goal score! Also, does anyone know any schools that I should apply to now because I know I'm gonna have to rethink my list of schools because of this score :\

Prep Material: TBR/EK
Practice avg: 32
Prediction: 27
Actual: 32

It's insane how accurately the practice exams predict your score on the real thing. I felt like I absolutely failed the PS section and I was expecting like a 7 but ended up with a 10. I'm so relieved.

ETA: This was a retake. I got a 26 last year.

Last edited:
Was really scared id do worse than last years but i didnt! Initially happy because i was so nervous about the whole thing but now kinda pissed i flubbed verbal.

Prep= kaplan last year, EK this year w other suppl. videos
AAMC average= ~27 (aamc11= 26, aamc10=27)
Goal = 28+
Prediction= 26 or less
Actual= 28 O
(PS 11 VR 6 BS 11)

Last years test = 26M (PS 9 VR 9 BS 8)

Cant believe i got a 6 on verbal! :(
Do any schools take your best scores from each test? Then id have a 31..

I was really hoping I was one of those people who got lower on their practice test and somehow came out with a miracle score.

Somehow that happened. 30 average-33 actual

I never scored above a 32 on the practices.

Actual was a 26Q which was my average. It is also 1 pt higher than my AAMC 9, 10, and 11. Is it good enough for DO schools?
8 PS - 10 VS - 8 BS

What's ur gpa? No section is lower than a 8 so you should be in good shape if u have around a 3.5 gpa. also depends on ECs and DO shadowing looks extremely good too.

MCAT Prep Material: TBR and TPR
AAMC average: 30
Prediction: 27-30
Actual: 33S (11PS/11VR/11BS)

YESSS!!!!!

4/5 MCAT: 23Q

Kaplan avg:
AAMC avg: 33

Actual: 33Q

Raised by 10 points in 2 months!!! Medical School, here I come! haha

What's ur gpa? No section is lower than a 8 so you should be in good shape if u have around a 3.5 gpa. also depends on ECs and DO shadowing looks extremely good too.

My science gpa is 3.45 and my overall gpa is 3.66. I finished college in 3 years and started my masters which is a 4.0 right now.
My EC's are lame and I shadowed a few MD's not DO's. BLAHHHHH
In applications where do you put shadowing? Is it under volunteer work? I hate applications.

I know I got at least 5 PS wrong and got a 12, and at least 4 BS and got a 13.. those are just the ones i remember though.

Average AAMC: 35
Predicted: 35
Actual: 35 :cool: M :eek:

Happy with my numerical score but the writing is disgusting!!!

You're fine for DO schools, and on the bottom 10% range for the lower allopathic state-schools.

Shadowing goes under "Other," since you aren't really doing any volunteer-type work. Your masters may carry you pretty far. In the meantime, I'd seek out some nearby DOs and see if they'd let you shadow, so that at the least you'd have something prescient to say during the interviews.

Hey thank you! I think I'm going to go ahead and apply for as many DO schools as I can so far. I just wish I got this 26Q 2.5 years ago =( I was in a 7 year program with a 26 MCAT requirement but I didn't make the cut last time. The irony is hilarious. I wonder if my old school will still take me, haha.