***The Official Indiana University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if you buy property under your name if you can claim instate tuition after 1 year or do you have to sign a contract where you're locked into OOS tuition?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if you buy property under your name if you can claim instate tuition after 1 year or do you have to sign a contract where you're locked into OOS tuition?
I agree with @DrEnamelCruelty. Most schools require you to have proof of working in the state for 12 months before considering you as a resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to be in Indiana 12months before the first day of class otherwise you will stay OOS for the full four years. The tution for OOS is insane.

You have to be in Indiana 12months before the first day of class otherwise you will stay OOS for the full four years. The tution for OOS is insane.

So if you haven't moved to Indiana yet it's already to late since First days in July.

Accepted! In state! Got the call this morning!

Reactions: 7 users
Got an acceptance this morning at 7:34 (OOS)

Reactions: 5 users
Current IUSD D1 here! I saw that there wasn't a thread yet for this application cycle and I found it really helpful when I was applying last year. Let me know if you guys have any questions and good luck!

Link to interview prep: Indiana University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback
Hey, how's it going? I was wondering if you could tell me where most students live during their first year of dental school? I am having a hard time deciding where to live. Thanks in advance.

Hey, how's it going? I was wondering if you could tell me where most students live during their first year of dental school? I am having a hard time deciding where to live. Thanks in advance.

Hello! I would say that it is pretty split between those who choose to live downtown or not. It really all depends on what you want. If you don't mind paying more to be closer to the school, downtown would be a good choice. It can also be more financially manageable if you have roommates!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Im instate and waitlisted. Waiting and crying at the same time :p ....... fingers crossed so pls keep posting in state acceptances, really helps the hope lol

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys know the movement for the waitlist for OOS students? Do they usually go through most of the OOS students on the waitlist by the end of the cycle?

Do you guys know the movement for the waitlist for OOS students? Do they usually go through most of the OOS students on the waitlist by the end of the cycle?

They go through a decent chunk of it. I'll more then likely be dropping my acceptance so another spot should be opening up soon.

Turned down my acceptance today. A OOS seat should be opening up soon. Good luck!

Just got accepted off the waitlist this morning! I’m OOS and will probably be turning down the acceptance as well, so hopefully this gives someone hope!

What are my chances of deferring my acceptance? I have a lot of family obligations to take care, parents health, and may not be able to attend. Do you think they'll allow me to defer?

Status
Not open for further replies.