***The Official Indiana University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

destination_dental10

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current IUSD D1 here! I saw that there wasn't a thread yet for this application cycle and I found it really helpful when I was applying last year. Let me know if you guys have any questions and good luck!

Link to interview prep: Indiana University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Interview 8/28/18
Invited 8/14/18
GPA 3.51
AA/BIO/CHEM/OCHEM/RC
21/21/21/20/28
Residency: Indiana
Good luck everyone!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview 8/28/18
Invited 8/14/18
GPA 3.51
AA/BIO/CHEM/OCHEM/RC
21/21/21/20/28
Residency: Indiana
Good luck everyone!!!!
Congrats! When were you notified that your app was complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much! 7/27/18 is when I got notified. Have you received that email yet?

The email that says, 'Your application is complete and has moved forward for faculty review'? I received that email but my status on AADSAS still reads 'Received/Application Complete'. Did your status on AADSAS change? Congratulations on the interview, by the way!

The email that says, 'Your application is complete and has moved forward for faculty review'? I received that email but my status on AADSAS still reads 'Received/Application Complete'. Did your status on AADSAS change? Congratulations on the interview, by the way!
I appreciate you! That's is still what my AADSAS reads as well.

Yes! So did you submit yours like mid to late July?
Yes, exactly. I'd say mine was submitted initially early June but it was incomplete. I had an issue with a letter of recommendation and that didn't get submitted until mid July.

Please anyone, if you can share your notes for the webinar that would be fantastic! Thank you!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone missed the webinar and got the recorded video via email?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone missed the webinar and got the recorded video via email?
I emailed that email address that they told us to contact if we missed it, and they said that a recording of the Q&A will be made available this week!

Got a invite today. IU was the only school to give me a interview last cycle hopefully this cycle goes better lol

Interview #2: Indiana
Residency: KS
App Complete: June 5th
Method: email
sgpa/cgpa: 3.2/3.4
AA/TS/RC/PAT/Under 17: 21/21/23/18/yes qr 16
Interview date: 9/27

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the webinar via email! and I also got an interview today.

Any tips for the interview day? Also any thoughts about the writing practice portion of the interview day will be helpful. Good Luck everyone!

Interview #1: Indiana
Residency: MI
App complete: Aug 8
Method: Email
sgpa/cgpa: 3.4/3.52
AA/TS/RC/PAT/Under 17: 17/17/18/18/ Yes, GC: 16

Thoughts since I have a really good application and if I do well on the interview, what are my chances?

Last edited:
Residency: IN
App complete: Aug 10
cgpa: 3.65
DAT AA/TS/RC/PAT/Under 17: 24AA

So excited!

Last edited:
App Complete: July 11
sgpa/cgpa: 3.85/3.83
AA/TS/RC/PAT/Under 20:
22/22/25/22/No
Interview date: TBD

For those of you that got interviews, how long did it take for them to confirm your interview dates? I sent an email 24 hours ago, but have yet to get a confirmation email back.

For those of you that got interviews, how long did it take for them to confirm your interview dates? I sent an email 24 hours ago, but have yet to get a confirmation email back.

Still haven’t gotten anything back. I called yesterday and they told me I should hear back soon. They’re conducting interviews this week, so they’re a little behind. Which sucks because I need to book a flight and a hotel .

Any tips for the interview day? Also any thoughts about the writing practice portion of the interview day will be helpful. Good Luck everyone!

Writing portion??

Still haven’t gotten anything back. I called yesterday and they told me I should hear back soon. They’re conducting interviews this week, so they’re a little behind. Which sucks because I need to book a flight and a hotel .
I’m worried that they said call back in 4 days if you haven’t heard back about confirmation, but my 4th day is Saturday which I assume they are closed? Maybe I’m wrong?

Writing portion??

It's nothing to worry about you don't need any prior knowledge to answer the prompt and apparently it doesn't count for much anyway.

I’m worried that they said call back in 4 days if you haven’t heard back about confirmation, but my 4th day is Saturday which I assume they are closed? Maybe I’m wrong?

Yeah same here man. I’m gonna give them a call tomorrow, hopefully they can confirm my interview day.

It's nothing to worry about you don't need any prior knowledge to answer the prompt and apparently it doesn't count for much anyway.
good to hear. by any chance do you know how intense the interview is and what types of questions they ask? whether its base on your app and EC or is it like scenarios/situational and ethical questions?

good to hear. by any chance do you know how intense the interview is and what types of questions they ask? whether its base on your app and EC or is it like scenarios/situational and ethical questions?

It was very chill just your basic questions nothing situational from what I remember more personal stuff. Also it's half closed meaning they have access to your personal statement and some other stuff but not your DAT or grades.

It was very chill just your basic questions nothing situational from what I remember more personal stuff. Also it's half closed meaning they have access to your personal statement and some other stuff but not your DAT or grades.
perfect! so just to clarify personal meaning more based on what you've done as community service, volunteering and etc. or like ethical question that could be personal? sorry its going to be my first interview and I'm really nervous.

perfect! so just to clarify personal meaning more based on what you've done as community service, volunteering and etc. or like ethical question that could be personal? sorry its going to be my first interview and I'm really nervous.

It's all good I'd love to give any advice I can. When I interviewed last time they had 3 pretty generic questions they had to ask I don't remember what they were but it was very conversational they'd just sneak them in at points. Most of the other stuff they asked me was based on my ps I didn't get any purely ethical question. Btw did you get a interview date yet?

It's all good I'd love to give any advice I can. When I interviewed last time they had 3 pretty generic questions they had to ask I don't remember what they were but it was very conversational they'd just sneak them in at points. Most of the other stuff they asked me was based on my ps I didn't get any purely ethical question. Btw did you get a interview date yet?
thank you so much! yea they sent me the date today its September 27th.

App Complete: August 17th
sgpa/cgpa: 3.09/3.05
AA/TS/RC/PAT/Under 20:
21/21/23/23/No
Interview date: September 18th

300+ volunteer hours
300+ shadowing hours (GP, oral surgery, ortho, endo, prosth & perio)
Certified dental assistant
1 year work experience as ortho assistant and currently working as dental lab tech -- removables
Attended IU Dental Day
Second time applying & interviewing with IUSD

My stats might not be the best, but hopefully it gives other applicants confidence in their own applications

Congrats to those with interview offers, and good luck to everyone!!

Also, I can't post the webinar link because I haven't posted enough on SDN; maybe I can send it as a message to someone and they can post it?

oh nice! well Mine they said to be there at 9am but interview start at 1:30

There's presentations, a tour, and the writing exercise before the interviews. The email says to plan to be there until 4 but last year we could leave right after we were done with our interviews.

There's presentations, a tour, and the writing exercise before the interviews. The email says to plan to be there until 4 but last year we could leave right after we were done with our interviews.

Yea I know previous emailed also explained it and the webinar also mentioned the whole day's plan. Im just worried about the writing exercise.

Yea I know previous emailed also explained it and the webinar also mentioned the whole day's plan. Im just worried about the writing exercise.

lol the writing part was probably the easiest part of the whole process it was pretty obvious how they wanted you to answer it

lol the writing part was probably the easiest part of the whole process it was pretty obvious how they wanted you to answer it
is it like a personal question or like situational/ethical?

Thoughts since I have a really good application and if I do well on the interview, what are my chances?
what is your secret?

I had very similar stats to you last cycle and got a interview with Indiana it was my only one. I highly recommend retaking the DAT.

I had very similar stats to you last cycle and got a interview with Indiana it was my only one. I highly recommend retaking the DAT.
Did you get in?

After the interview they rejected you?

I got waitlisted but never accepted. I don't think Indiana rejects anyone they interview everyone goes on the waitlist.

What is the difference between Application complete and under review for the status. Bc for Indiana it says application complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.