The Official 9/11/2012 MCAT date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nisarg2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

How is the studying going for those of you taking it on arguably one of the worst days in American History? Finished content review yet? Any FL?

Just wanted to do this so we could keep each other motivated.

Ok now back to studying :laugh:!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Received an interview invite yesterday, even without this new score being updated! :) Happy about that, so that has kind of blocked my MCAT emotions for this coming week, even though I still need a better score than last time!!

Received an interview invite yesterday, even without this new score being updated! :) Happy about that, so that has kind of blocked my MCAT emotions for this coming week, even though I still need a better score than last time!!

Congratulations! That is such exciting news!!!!!! :highfive:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an exam on the 11th, an assignment due on the 15, an exam on the 16th, and an exam on the 22nd.

Checking on the 11th is going to suck. May potentially demotivate me for the next 2 weeks.

I kinda think I'm going to be majorly screwed if I need to retake, I've honestly forgotten every single thing related to physics other than electrons travel opposite to current.

Luckily (or not) I have enough to keep me busy until the 11th... Except I keep looking at the clock at 9:11 ARGH.

4 more days! I still don't know where I'm going to check this thing.. Maybe a super secluded library corner so I can cry in peace... >.>

Members don't see this ad :)
This week sucks.

I have 7 job interviews Monday-Thursday, a genetics quiz on Tuesday, a history paper due wednesday, and a physics lab due Wednesday too.

All I want to do is sit around and wait for my score, but life keeps getting in the f*cking way.

Also, for some reason I have been playing around with the idea that I got a 40 (15 PS, 15 VR, 10 BS). My friend got a 43 and I have been hoping (unreasonably) that I somehow broke 40 or above.

I know that's completely unreasonable, especially considering I predicted a 28-30 right after the test. Oh well, I guess I will find out in four days.

I just really hope I don't have to retake this test. Studying for this thing was a killer.

I kinda think I'm going to be majorly screwed if I need to retake, I've honestly forgotten every single thing related to physics other than electrons travel opposite to current.

Me too!!

I have a stated policy of only taking tests once, so right now if I don't do well, I think I am just going to pursue a different career. Not a bad idea considering surgical training takes 9 years (med school+ENT or Ortho) and a **** ton of debt. Whereas if I get a job right now, I could be making 70K base before the bonus.

Me too!!

I have a stated policy of only taking tests once, so right now if I don't do well, I think I am just going to pursue a different career. Not a bad idea considering surgical training takes 9 years (med school+ENT or Ortho) and a **** ton of debt. Whereas if I get a job right now, I could be making 70K base before the bonus.

That's a bit of a killer policy lol.

My dilemma is more like me possibly getting a 24-26 and having no problem getting into a good DO school or choosing to retake it in hopes of getting a 28+ so I can have a good shot at MD.
Either way, my ego defense right now is that if I score below a 27 Kaplan is paying me back 2G. And since Kaplan is a profitable company I'm thinking I'm likely getting a 28 at least....

Luckily (or not) I have enough to keep me busy until the 11th... Except I keep looking at the clock at 9:11 ARGH.

4 more days! I still don't know where I'm going to check this thing.. Maybe a super secluded library corner so I can cry in peace... >.>
This is my only strategy. Keep extremely busy. 3 more days.

Also can anyone link to where we're going to check? or are they going to email us? I hope it's obvious.

Edit: I should probably start rapping again

This week sucks.

I have 7 job interviews Monday-Thursday, a genetics quiz on Tuesday, a history paper due wednesday, and a physics lab due Wednesday too.

All I want to do is sit around and wait for my score, but life keeps getting in the f*cking way.

Also, for some reason I have been playing around with the idea that I got a 40 (15 PS, 15 VR, 10 BS). My friend got a 43 and I have been hoping (unreasonably) that I somehow broke 40 or above.

I know that's completely unreasonable, especially considering I predicted a 28-30 right after the test. Oh well, I guess I will find out in four days.

I just really hope I don't have to retake this test. Studying for this thing was a killer.

Wow that's a lot of stuff in one week -- good luck on your interviews! Hopefully this means that the days will fly by and before you know it, it's Thursday afternoon already!!! :xf:

Best of luck to everyone on Thursday and may you all not lose your sanity before then!
I've been reading the forums but had to register now to ask a question --
How does the score releasing work? I'm an applicant for OMSAS (Ontario medical schools) and I'm required to release my scores manually (as I think everyone is). Is there a good window for when you have to submit them by? I'm asking because I will be on a 6 hour flight from 2:30PM and won't be able to check my grade until after, and am worried that this is too late.

Are they pretty lenient?
Thanks! And again, GOOD LUCK!

Best of luck to everyone on Thursday and may you all not lose your sanity before then!
I've been reading the forums but had to register now to ask a question --
How does the score releasing work? I'm an applicant for OMSAS (Ontario medical schools) and I'm required to release my scores manually (as I think everyone is). Is there a good window for when you have to submit them by? I'm asking because I will be on a 6 hour flight from 2:30PM and won't be able to check my grade until after, and am worried that this is too late.

Are they pretty lenient?
Thanks! And again, GOOD LUCK!

I also have to release my scores to OMSAS and I believe they are somewhat lenient. Best thing would be to call them but when I spoke with them they said it takes about 2 days for them to get the scores anyway so I think anytime on the 11th would be fine to release them. They don't send your file to the schools until they have everything anyway so I'm sure they would wait an extra day or two for the scores.

I have no motivation whatsoever to focus on school right now. Once I get my score there will be no more ambiguity and I can finally move on. The past three weeks have gone by relatively fast for me but this week has been going by extra slow. I want my score now!!

I'm just going to post my prediction now so I'm not miserably stricken when I see my score :scared:

PS: 10
VR: 7 ------> Overall: 26 :mad:
BS:9

I'll post my predictions too. I thought I missed 10 in PS, 7 in VR and 20 in BS.

Using the AAMC 10 scale that is: 10 PS 10 VR 8 BS (28)
Using the AAMC 11 scale that is: 11 PS 11 VR 8 BS (30)
So I guess my prediction range is 28-30.

Prediction: PS 10-13 VR 6-8 BS 11-12

Plzz let me be wrong about VR (obviously in a positive way).

My score prediction and post test feeling is so convoluted in my brain that I can't even think if I think I did good or I'm just making it up or was feeling a certain way in my dreams! But anything above a 28 I wil be ecstatic and anything in the 30 range will be a miracle. Don't even have the strength to predict anymore. But if I were to say

Mcat average 32

Prediction Ps: 9-10 , vr- 7-8, bs- 10-11 so total 26-29

Last edited:
Wanted to post since I'm lurking anyways and haven't posted since before the test :D. Should've done this right after the test, oh well. I only took the AAMCs and felt that they were good practice and high representative of the 9/11 test. Though, there are many other factors that might contribute to a deviation from the average AAMC score (nerves, energy level, irritability, etc.). Like, the test wasn't as hard as I expected the real thing to be after readng horror stories on here. Still hard : /

AAMC Average (All FL's): PS 11.5/VR 10/BS 11.. around a composite of 32
Highest Composite Potential (AAMCs): 38
Prediction: 10/8/12 P 30P
PS: Wasn't that bad. I felt that it was more on the conceptual side. The reason why I think I did worse here than usual is because I was able to recall 8-9 problems afterwards and remember my answer choices. I was able to tell that I missed 5 based on stupid mistakes and not stretching my brain for the fact needed.

VR: Almost a disaster. I felt that this may be the hardest section of the exam. I can remember one passage that I felt was really convoluted and difficult to extract info from without knowing it inside out from the beginning. I can't say for sure I missed any problems, but I remember passages and questions that I was extremely shaky on :/

Writing: I was actually able to come up with some decent arguments. Despite this, I think my work wasn't quality due to the lack of motivation. I honestly want to know, who cares? lol

BS: I felt that this section was on par with AAMC. The physiology portion seemed to be even easier than the practices. Despite the fact O chem/Biochem was definitely harder than usual, it is good that we didn't get any of those infamous convoluted research articles. Discretes weren't too bad IMO because it didn't require very specific knowledge and was more problem-solving and pathway based. I was able the recall 2 problems that I missed.

Overall, meh. And the wait just made it even more meh. I hope everyone is satisfied with their scores. And if not, I hope you at least learned something so that you can possibly score higher on a retake or do better in university courses. It was a tough grind but we got passed it.

Good luck people. Posting tomorrow.. hopefully.

My predictions:

AAMC Average: 36.5 (12.83 PS, 11 VR, 12.67 BS)
Prediction:
10 PS (I struggled way more than I typically do on PS)
10 VR
8 BS (orgo heavy, I suck at orgo)
Total = 28 (I am predicting way less than my average because I genuinely think I bombed)

I hope I'm proven wrong. Goal is above 32+ with an O on the WS (because the schools I am applying to either have a minimum for it or count it in another way).

Tomorrow is the day of reckoning: jumping around in glee or curling up into a ball and crying?

Last edited:
I'll play the game.

AAMC 3-11 avg: 37.5 (12.4 VR, 12.6 BS, 12.5 PS)
Score Range: 35-41
Highest composite potential: 43
Prediction: 35 (10 VR, 12 BS, 13PS)
Actual:

AAMC 3-11 avg: 36 (11 VR, 12.5 BS, 12.5 PS)
Score Range: 33-39
Highest composite potential: 42
Prediction: 33 (10.5 VR, 12 BS, 10.5 PS)
Actual:

I'm pretty sure I scored 10 or 11 in both PS and VR, I just don't know which one is which haha. Freaking PS ruined me on the real thing.

Long time lurker... used SN2ed's study plan with a sprinkle of kaplan. I never posted anything, waiting to see how I did before posting about my study plan. Hopefully a lot of us can post in the 30+ thread. :thumbup:
All I can find is 2013 release dates, which says the 9/11 test will be released on 10/15. Can anyone confirm when our test is being released?

I have been blocking this test out for the last month, but now its front and center again.

Good :luck: everyone