The "Official" 6/17/2010 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Simran1031

Princess of 2014=)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I realize this test date has not been opened yet but I hope to take it for a third time around then! Looking forward to other June test takers. Feels a bit like deja vu having started the 5/1/2009 MCAT Club =)

Hopefully third time is the charm!!

The cycle has been rough for me so I am hoping I have better luck next cycle. If any of you are curious about my last cycle feel free to check out my blog that contains plenty of my rants about my previous cycle. =)

I hope to see a lot of you active on here soon. I plan to start studying very soon! (hopefully next weekend?) until then I am going to create a study plan and course of action!!

I am really excited to meet you future June test takers and I really hope we can all support each other =)

Members don't see this ad.

32R
ps 10
vr 11
bs 11
ws R

enough... but devastating (avg was 36)
Not what I was hoping at all.

gl to you

GREAT, I just got the same score as last year, with a worse writing sample, and I didn't study last year.

WASTE OF MY TIME!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH off to meditate and rethink life

Members don't see this ad :)
<-- PM

Not checking til I get home at 5...

Gonna pour a glass of scotch, roll a j of kush, sit down, and log in.

:xf:

so basically everyone is doing -4 or -5 from their practice average?

Pretty much, I was hitting 36-37 on my averages last year. I was a bit rusty going into the test this year, I studied lightly for a month and took 2 AAMCs, so I probably should have prepped a bit more.

Although it's still better than my first test last year PS:10, VR:8, BS: 11, R

Pm is up!
VR:13
PS:12
BS:11

36Q... I'm ok with it, but my practice score average was 38 :/ I studied for 6 months pretty solid, I'm just happy not to have to do it again.

Members don't see this ad :)
my average practice test scores were:
VR: 15
BS:10
PS:10
My actual score:
VR:8
BS:9
PS:9

Really disappointed.
I guess I'm not applying this cycle?

26 just doesn't seem good enough.

my average practice test scores were:
VR: 15
BS:10
PS:10
My actual score:
VR:8
BS:9
PS:9

Really disappointed.
I guess I'm not applying this cycle?

26 just doesn't seem good enough.

I got the same as you (26) and my avg practice tests ranged 30-33 consistently.

I think it might be good enough to get into some DO schools if you apply broadly and have a decent gpa, otherwise...retake :( thoughts?

29Q
2pm- def thought i did better..

epic fail.. can i even do anything with that score? I don't even know if its good or bad anymore..

PS - 10
VR- 09
BS- 10

11,14,11, =36N

I am happy as hell, this is my third time taking this S***, can't believe finally nailed it....

Retake it towards the end of August...the content should be fairly fresh in your head. I was averaging the same as you, but also got a 26, but I'm gonna retake aug 12th.

I was pretty good at estimating my scores.

PS
Average practice score: 13.5
What I felt leaving the MCAT: 10 (ran out of time, dammit)
Today's score: 11

VR
Average practice score: 10
What I felt leaving the MCAT: 11
Today's score: 10

BS
Average practice score: 12
What I felt leaving the MCAT: 13
Today's score: 14!!!

So yea, 11,10,14. Thats pretty dam solid, thank god for my BS studying. I have applied the past two years and got denied both years pre-interview with my 31 MCAT. Lets hope a 4 point raise can at least get me an interview :xf::luck: :xf::luck:

This makes me very happy for you! Congrats and good luck!

Long time lurker, first time poster. Took the AM test and all I can say is wooohoooo!

13 PS
12 VR
15 BS

Total = 40Q

35 R :)

Actual: VR:12 PS: 09 (WTF!?) BS: 14 (yay!)

AAMC Averages: VR:10 PS:13 BS:12

Damn I got rocked by PS, but overall score stayed the same from AAMC test averages :thumbup:

PS - 10
VS - 11
BS - 9
WS - Q

Pretty disappointed. I don't know if I should just wait and apply next year - I waited to send my AMCAS out. Thoughts?

This test is effing ridiculous. I did well on my sciences (13's), but I got my lowest verbal score out of 10 + practice tests!!! How woudl you even study for that. Verbal is such a high variance section and I feel I just got terribly unlucky. Are we even sure there's a bell curve? Anyone in the PM session get like 13 on verbal?

PS: 9
VR: 6 (wtf?)
BS: 9
24 P

Very odd about VR considering the lowest VR score I ever got on any AAMC test was a 9 (and especially since I thought I nailed it). My AAMC range was 28-32 so I don't know wth happened on the AM test. Oh well, I'm ready for that bad boy again on August 4th, the day after my 21st birthday (yippee...).

Is it still possible to get in to med school for 2011 if I retake the test august 4th? I feel like something went horribly wrong on this test I know I can do a LOT better. :(

So happy with my 32S!!!!

10 BS
10 VR
12 PS

This is after getting a 25 in march. I know many SDNers aim for higher but for a nontraditional like me who hasn't finished orgo-chem or bio, I am honestly happy and thrilled with my score! Good luck to everyone else! I'm off to get my drink!

PS 13
VR 12
BS 14
W S
I guess I will take it, wanted the 40 to secure my full-ride to Columbia.:mad:

Last edited:
VR 8
PS 12
BS 12
W S

Is VR=8 too low to apply to most decent schools, like BU, Georgetown, tufts, dartmouth, UVM, etc?

I simply don't know and I'm dying to know if I have to retake, please help!

32M! I thought I scored as low as 25! Never doubt yourself on this test guys! I am SO happy this is behind me! SO happy!
10/11/11
and I thought I did BAD on VS.

32M! I thought I scored as low as 25! Never doubt yourself on this test guys! I am SO happy this is behind me! SO happy!
10/11/11
and I thought I did BAD on VS.

Hah, seriously, I thought I got a 6 or something on the VR, but ended up with a 10. The first time I thought I got a 10 and ended up with an 8. Funny how that turns out...