The Official 3/23/13 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Redpancreas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd start this one out. I'll be registering for the MCAT first thing tomorrow. Who else is taking it on this date? How do you all plan on studying over the school year?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing your story and dishing out such words of encouragement, It was well needed especially the "keep the white coat in mind" piece. Many Thanks. Wish you all the best as well. I bet you pulled a 40+ this time :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It's interesting how even though today is the projected release date according to their schedule, they never definitely say that it is. Everything seems to say they reserve the right to push it back as they see fit, 30-35 days after the exam. I guess theoretically it could be as late as the end of the week

i keep trying to remember questions and forgot all.. feels like i guessed blindly. but i couldn't have guessed blindly and i can't get much lower than my LOWEST AAMC practice test...right (considering I improved significantly after?)

ahh

i keep trying to remember questions and forgot all.. feels like i guessed blindly. but i couldn't have guessed blindly and i can't get much lower than my LOWEST AAMC practice test...right (considering I improved significantly after?)

ahh

Omg I feel your pain. I keep trying to remember too and because I can't recall anything I'm freaking out about how low it might be. I just hope my score doesn't drop from the last one.....:( this is torture....all we want to do is help people! Pleaseeeeeee be generous MCAT Gods.....

Omg I feel your pain. I keep trying to remember too and because I can't recall anything I'm freaking out about how low it might be. I just hope my score doesn't drop from the last one.....:( this is torture....all we want to do is help people! Pleaseeeeeee be generous MCAT Gods.....

i'm glad im not the only one!!! i literally feel like i guessed on every question but i know that can't be the case!

please MCAT already release scores.... i can't focus on midterms ...:(

i'm glad im not the only one!!! i literally feel like i guessed on every question but i know that can't be the case!

please MCAT already release scores.... i can't focus on midterms ...:(
Thats how I feel right now too. I can't think of a single question or passage that I felt good about. I feel like I guessed on everything but I know I didn't!

So from the AAMC twitter, it seems most likely that the scores will come around 12:30-1pm today...Hope they don't leave us hanging till Friday (day 35)...I am already really behind studying for finals :(

It's interesting how even though today is the projected release date according to their schedule, they never definitely say that it is. Everything seems to say they reserve the right to push it back as they see fit, 30-35 days after the exam. I guess theoretically it could be as late as the end of the week

OMG :scared: don't say things like that

Thats how I feel right now too. I can't think of a single question or passage that I felt good about. I feel like I guessed on everything but I know I didn't!

Same here. I've felt this way for a few weeks, actually. I'm really glad I'm not alone!

I'm so sick to my stomach!!!!! I don't know which is worse... Test day or score release day...

AMCAS just twitted "sorry for score delay! +5 for everyone!"

i wish =D
:D

I'm so sick to my stomach!!!!! I don't know which is worse... Test day or score release day...

Worst: score release day, followed by day before score release day, followed by day before test day

Esp if you've a final on release day. Where the prof tells you he's holding off on writing the lor until after grades are out.

haha, profs..... :p

For what it's worth, I wholeheartedly agree that you should take the biochem test THEN look at your MCAT score, if it comes down to it. In the meantime, I'm going to go buy some drinks and food for my upcoming elation or misery. :naughty:

For what it's worth, I wholeheartedly agree that you should take the biochem test THEN look at your MCAT score, if it comes down to it. In the meantime, I'm going to go buy some drinks and food for my upcoming elation or misery. :naughty:

I agree. You have no control over the mcat score anymore...what's done is done. But the biochem exam is in your hands so try to do your best then check when you're done.

Fair enough. I'd decided that if they came out before lunch I'd check, but as I finish my chipotle burrito there's nothing there. So it's going to be about 3 hours of work, a drive to campus, thirty minutes of cramming/pretest purgatory and then the exam. I'll check scores and this forum tonight, may you all do better than you think, and I'm banking on an entadus 45- who's with me?

Just wanted to say good luck guys!!! Don't party too hard after receiving your awesome scores! :)

On a side note: Currently viewing this thread: 33 members and 110 guests LOL

At work as well. The surgeon I'm working with told me he got a 14, 9, 14 on his MCAT, "so, a 36." Take solace knowing you can do math better than him even if your scores aren't better. ;) Hope they are, though!

Everyone please prey I received a 27 on my chart...

Just woke up from an evil dream where AAMC posted a downloadable file on Twitter. The file stated that the 3/23 exam had a scoring glitch causing scores to either show up as zero or a slightly inflated score.

It was a short list of AAMC IDs with scores posted after it. I saw someone with a glitched up score of 14/0/14. Anyhow I couldn't find my ID.

They mentioned to either void or have a rescore at no extra cost. Some dream!!

At work as well. The surgeon I'm working with told me he got a 14, 9, 14 on his MCAT, "so, a 36." Take solace knowing you can do math better than him even if your scores aren't better. ;) Hope they are, though!

Lollll that cracked me up!!!

been lurking since about a day or two before the exam and heavily for the last couple of days.

been so nervous the past two days. in one dream i got a 170 :confused: and then in another i dreamed i got a 40, but the individual scores were 8/8/8...

good luck everyone!

I had a MCAT dream last night too...when I went to check my scores, there was a message that AAMC lost my score because of a flood (weird) and that I would have to retake. This just needs to be over, for the sake of my sanity

Everyone please prey I received a 27 on my chart...

Just woke up from an evil dream where AAMC posted a downloadable file on Twitter. The file stated that the 3/23 exam had a scoring glitch causing scores to either show up as zero or a slightly inflated score.

It was a short list of AAMC IDs with scores posted after it. I saw someone with a glitched up score of 14/0/14. Anyhow I couldn't find my ID.

They mentioned to either void or have a rescore at no extra cost. Some dream!!

Lolz! Calm down. I don't mind your dream though:laugh: