**The Official 2007 SMP/Postbac Applicant Progress Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I definitely feel you on that one ssquared. haha. Too bad I won't be seeing you at georgetown in the fall. Oh well. Where are you going instead?

Well, Georgetown was my first choice for a long time. I'm keeping my mind open until I hear back from every school I applied to, but I really leaning towards EVMS. Like I said in another post, I would probably actually go to Georgetown if my parents didn't live there and wouldn't require me to live with them (it's reasonable, it would be silly to pay DC rent prices if they don't have to). Plus, since they're paying, EVMS does cost around $12,000 cheaper. I feel bad gouging them for so much money.

Members don't see this ad.

You have a point. I thought for a long time it was my top choice, but I've come to realize that I would probably just have too many problems with my parents. I think that if I weren't from DC I would still want to go to Georgetown.

I have given up on contacting them. I've emailed, called, sent letters...they haven't ever responded to anything. I suppose I could try to withdraw at this point, but I really actually hadn't given it much thought. I'm just so mad at them for taking my $120 and then sitting on my app for so long. No other school did that. If I have some free time later maybe I'll try to figure out where I would even send a withdrawl letter....

I've noticed that the message board link on the programs main page usually has a pretty quick response time. You may want to try using that directly, rather than an email to Ms. Cabiness.

Oh ironies of irony, I got an email acceptance from Georgetown this afternoon. I guess my app didn't get completely lost in the shuffle. :smuggrin:

Such is life, I suppose. Now I have some thinking to do, EVMS (and no parents) vs. Georgetown and parentals? Hmmmm. Too bad nobody can make the decision for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
SS,

I'm really sorry you've had so much trouble with GT. I know they don't publicize a lot of their contact info, since they are a small office dealing with roughly 1000 applicants, 150 current students and hundreds of former students who all need things. They would be quickly overwhelmed (and usually are anyway) if even a small portion of all those people tried to contact them for "routine" questions.

Have you ever posted your question to the Yahoo group on my sig below? Dr. Myers, who until this year was the director of the program (promoted to a new position, but still involved) and one of the former students reply pretty quickly to any posts there.

Wherever you do wind up going, best of luck to you.

You have a point. I thought for a long time it was my top choice, but I've come to realize that I would probably just have too many problems with my parents. I think that if I weren't from DC I would still want to go to Georgetown.

I have given up on contacting them. I've emailed, called, sent letters...they haven't ever responded to anything. I suppose I could try to withdraw at this point, but I really actually hadn't given it much thought. I'm just so mad at them for taking my $120 and then sitting on my app for so long. No other school did that. If I have some free time later maybe I'll try to figure out where I would even send a withdrawl letter....

Have you ever posted your question to the Yahoo group on my sig below? Dr. Myers, who until this year was the director of the program (promoted to a new position, but still involved) and one of the former students reply pretty quickly to any posts there.

I did try that, and although they replied to my questions, their reply was of the "send an email" sort. I never did get a reply to any of the emails I sent. I realize that it's water over the dam at this point and it doesn't matter much, but it would be really unfortunate if somebody else didn't get accepted because of a problem with their app and a question they never got answered. :(

I just called UMDNJ today, and learned that they haven't received my acceptance of the offer... not sure why, it usually doesn't take a week to send a letter from Long Island to New Jersey. I sent it on Monday.

You might want to check up, if you've already sent in your letter. The admissions lady told me that she's placed an extension on my file.

Has anyone heard anything from any of the Drexel programs yet?

I applied to IMS. On my phone interview last week, the guy told me that they had not accepted or rejected anyone yet, and that it would probably take them 5 weeks to get back to me, maybe even longer. He also said that they are still just training the new guys. I think it's still pretty early for them.

Hang in there. All of this stuff is definitely stressful, but it's definitely not time to freak out yet.

Any recent acceptances from UMDNJ? I haven't seen anyone post on them recently.

I applied to IMS. On my phone interview last week, the guy told me that they had not accepted or rejected anyone yet, and that it would probably take them 5 weeks to get back to me, maybe even longer. He also said that they are still just training the new guys. I think it's still pretty early for them.

Hang in there. All of this stuff is definitely stressful, but it's definitely not time to freak out yet.

Wow, I really wonder what they are waiting for? I guess it is just the understaffing issue. When I interviewed the guy said that the committee would meet as soon as enough people had been interviewd to make any decisions (I don't know how many ppl that is) and that was 5 weeks ago. Then I called the end of March and they said that they would begin accepting people in the beginning of April so I should hear something w/in 2 weeks (which was 2 ago) and I'm not really sure why they told me that now. :confused:
The other thing the guy said during my interview was that he had interviewed more IMS than MSP people (I'm MSP). So, maybe IMSers will find out sooner?
Ah well....we'll find out when we find out! :sleep:

Just to introduce myself to the thread: I got into the Marshall Masters in medical science program and am expecting an interview with Drexel for the DPMS program the 25th. I REALLY want to go to Drexel. I had to wait for months to get a response.....but I'm one step closer to where I wanna be. Hopefully, I'll be there and be in a position to advise others who would like to apply (I really wished I had joined sdn earlier and saw the waiting period for Drexel....so I would not have stressed myself out:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Brooklyn! Welcome aboard!

I almost applied to Marshall, but I first learned about it only a few weeks ago and Drexel is definately a better fit for me for many reasons.

Good luck on your interview!!! :luck: :luck:

I got into Drexel MSP!!!!!!!!!

I got into Drexel MSP!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!! I'm glad someone is getting some good news. You definitely deserve it. Now tell them to call me! :p Congrats again, I wish you all the best! :D

Congrats, Sumdae. I also was accepted to Drexel yesterday by phone, but for the IMS program. See you in Philly maybe?

Congrats, Sumdae. I also was accepted to Drexel yesterday by phone, but for the IMS program. See you in Philly maybe?

Yes! I am definately going to Philly!!!!! :hardy:
Congrats to you!!!!!! woohoo!!!

So I've somewhat forgotten about the apps I still have out since I got into my top choice, but I got an email today from NYMC asking for a (second) copy of my transcript from studying abroad. Why on earth are some of these programs so slow? They've had my complete application for 3 months now...and yes, I absolutely sent that transcript the first time. It's really kind of unbelievable how disorganized some of these programs are. My advice to everybody is call and double check on everything multiple times so that your stuff doesn't get lost!

(I had one college application lost by the school....talk about terrible!)

Just in case I don't get off ASDOH's Waitlist...
I've been accepted into BU MAMS (Oral Concentration) & Midwestern BMS!

Good luck to those of you still waiting. I've heard many SMP's aren't even half full yet...so there's still plenty of hope! :luck:

haven't heard back from BU or EVMS. should i call them? i know EVMS is full, but what about BU? my BU app was submitted a week before the deadline.

already know that georgetown will take a while....

so who am i going to be seeing at UMDNJ come september?? i sent in my acceptance for it a week weeks ago, and I also sent in my application to one of their on-campus apartments at 180 West Market

haven't heard back from BU or EVMS. should i call them? i know EVMS is full, but what about BU? my BU app was submitted a week before the deadline.

already know that georgetown will take a while....

I would call BU and ask for your status. I'm pretty sure they're not full yet, but it sounds like I submitted my app around the same time as you (like mid-March), and I just heard this week.

quick question

did you submit your mcat score via thx? or a paper copy?

i submitted mine to evms through thx and they said they never got it and needed a paper copy. i guess they don't check for mcat scores on the computer?...i'm worried that BU will say the same thing. i submitted my scores to their medical schools since the masters programs take place there too anyways...

edit: a;lskdjfa;lksdjf
they haven't reviewed it yet b/c they don't take electronic scores to the med school. argh.

The dental school had my dat scores already so a quick phone call and they were forwarded to the MAMS department.