**The Official 2007 SMP/Postbac Applicant Progress Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if BU sends a confirmation e-mail when they have received all of the supporting documents? All I have so far is an e-mail that says my application was received and I got that the day after I submitted my app. on-line.

Thanks,

i received an email when my file was "complete for review." this was close to 1 month after i received the email saying they had received my application. hope this helps. and yes...it was 1 month....so long.

Members don't see this ad.

Ahhh! The waiting game is definately horribly long! :scared:

yeah. BU sends an e-mail when your application is deemed complete and ready for review. I got one last Tuesday after submitting my app on feb 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a phone call from Drexel? They called me last Wednesday, and I have called them back several times, but the person who left me the VM is not there when I call! AHHH! :confused: :scared:

+pissed+ (hahah, i've always wanted to use that icon!)

Has anyone gotten a phone call from Drexel? They called me last Wednesday, and I have called them back several times, but the person who left me the VM is not there when I call! AHHH! :confused: :scared:

+pissed+ (hahah, i've always wanted to use that icon!)

I've gotten a phone call. Are you calling at the same time of the day each time? Getting their voicemail is frustrating because they never call you back. Just keep trying to call them back early in the morning and on weekdays. Hope you get through.

okay I am finally complete at Drexel. I applied to the MSP Program.
For some reason they lost my check and I had to mail them another check, so I should have been complete last week. Oh well. The lady told me I should be hearing back in the next 2 - 3 weeks. She also told me there are a lot of applications. Ill keep you guys informed.

I just submitted Georetown today, Drexel was sent in a few days ago. these letters of recc are delaying me from being complete...anyone know how long it takes MCAT scores to get to the programs?

MCAT scores should generally be pretty instant if the school (I know georgetown does) has a code that can forward them the MCAT scores.

I got into Tulane today!

I know it's not really an official SMP or post-bac, but it's pretty close...that, and it's nice to know that I'll be able to go somewhere next year for grad school!

Yay! Good luck to everybody as acceptances come in. :luck:

Congrats, ssquared!!!! :D I almost applied there last year, but shyed away from it after hurricane Katrina, and then I decided I did not want to move that far. I am praying for Drexel!

Hey thats awesome! Im pretty sure its an official SMP, or at least thats what ive heard from the Tulane SOM class threads. Ill be at Tulane SOM Class of 2011 next year, so we should definitely hook up. Id like to actually get in touch with the ACP folks and see if I could bring around some of the SMP students to the anatomy labs and give them all my study materials from my SMP to get them a leg up :)

Does anybody have any experience with Interfolio and how long it takes them to deliver documents? I just got an email from EVMS today saying that they haven't gotten my letters of rec yet, although I had them sent out a week ago by Interfolio. Any suggestions?

Did you ever find out? I would give them a call..

Grats on Tulane! I am applying there as well. If you don't mind me asking, how long from complete to acceptance did it take? Thanks!!

Did you ever find out? I would give them a call..

Grats on Tulane! I am applying there as well. If you don't mind me asking, how long from complete to acceptance did it take? Thanks!!

I'll be sure to call EVMS tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

I submitted the online app for Tulane around Jan 31st. I mailed in my letters of rec, MCAT scores, transcript, etc on Feb 21st. So it's been about 10 days since my application has been complete. But they've had a month to contemplate my glorious personal statement, so ya know, it was just a formality to wait for my transcript.

(kidding. if only I could write that well.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Loyola MAMS, Mt. Sinai and Drexel IMS in the past week or two. Loyola seems to be pretty fast - I've heard back from them already that my application is complete. I want to be in the same city as my boyfriend, who is going to med school next year, so I hope I have options out of those three and that I get in before May 15. I'll keep you guys posted on when I hear things - this thread is nice so I can get an idea of timeframe.

Good luck everyone!

I finally sent out my transcripts to Georgetown's SMP (can you believe that a community college took literally THIRTY DAYS to get a transcript sent to me?!!?!?!). Hopefully Georgetown will send me some love back!

I sent my app to Georgetown, Cincinnati and BU in early Feb. I woke up this morning and my standard routine of waking up, showering, and going to work THEN checking Email was randomly modified. Instead I decided to log online first thing in the morning (was wondering how the stock market was starting off after last week's unfortunate slump :( ). Anyways, before logging onto finance.google.com, I was sifting through my Junk mail (it's insanely full on Mondays) and came upon a Congratulatory email from Georgetown. Nonetheless, after several minutes of self-celebratory excitement, I found out I lost several hundred dollars in stupid Barnes and Noble stock (conveniently the worst trade of the day). Thankfully the little procrastinator in me has always preferred to hear good news before bad news, and this was no exception.

What I find strange is that they didn't even ask for an interview, I'm honestly not sure if these programs do in general. For the curious I applied with a 3.2 and a 34p (which apparently wasn't enough to at least get me an interview in any of the med schools I applied to these last two years).

Does anyone know if BU sends a confirmation e-mail when they have received all of the supporting documents? All I have so far is an e-mail that says my application was received and I got that the day after I submitted my app. on-line.

Thanks,

Call them to verify, if you want. What they did for me was actually send me a letter by snail-mail which told me what I was missing. I actually called them two days before receiving the letter asking them if my file was complete, and the lady told me that she had already sent me a letter telling me that I hadn't submitted my MCAT results.

Dunno about other programs, but GU's SMP rarely asks for interviews.

What I find strange is that they didn't even ask for an interview, I'm honestly not sure if these programs do in general. For the curious I applied with a 3.2 and a 34p (which apparently wasn't enough to at least get me an interview in any of the med schools I applied to these last two years).

As IMRep said, generally GU doesnt interview, nor most programs. The only programs Ive come across that phone interviewed was UPenn's Special Sciences Program and Drexel's IMS (if you can even go in person - it would be better). But generally grad schools (law schools, etc...) do not interview students- only medical schools do.

I'll be sure to call EVMS tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

I submitted the online app for Tulane around Jan 31st. I mailed in my letters of rec, MCAT scores, transcript, etc on Feb 21st. So it's been about 10 days since my application has been complete. But they've had a month to contemplate my glorious personal statement, so ya know, it was just a formality to wait for my transcript.

(kidding. if only I could write that well.)

Thanks for the reply:)

I was curious, did you ever follow up with EVMS? I sent my letters via Interfolio as well.

I just called EVMS now. They said they received the letters yesterday. It took two weeks for Interfolio to get them there! :mad:

Oh well. Now the waiting begins...

I just called EVMS now. They said they received the letters yesterday. It took two weeks for Interfolio to get them there! :mad:

wow, thanks for the reply man. Interfolio is usually pretty good too..

EVMS reviews and makes a decision pretty quickly (within 2 weeks or so upon completion of your application) so hopefully you won't have to wait long. Good luck :).

EVMS reviews and makes a decision pretty quickly (within 2 weeks or so upon completion of your application) so hopefully you won't have to wait long. Good luck :).

:luck: :luck:

I can't wait, if I get EVMS, I am definitely going there.

Well, I am officially complete at all of my programs: Loyola MAMS, Mt. Sinai PREP-Med, and Drexel IMS.

I met the Director of med sci admissions at Drexel today at a med school fair, and she told me to call the office to make sure I was in the complete pile (I submitted my app 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything) because the committee is meeting very soon. So I called, and a nice lady picked up the phone - I guess I didn't get the same red tape that other people have complained of? Also, the director said that the other 3 interviewers are starting on Monday, so that will speed things up a lot. So I thought I would pass along these bits of info.

Good luck everyone!

Well, I am officially complete at all of my programs: Loyola MAMS, Mt. Sinai PREP-Med, and Drexel IMS.

Also, the director said that the other 3 interviewers are starting on Monday, so that will speed things up a lot. So I thought I would pass along these bits of info.

Good luck everyone!

Oh! That is good to know :) Hopefully there will be more SDNers posting about their interviews :) Is there anyone else out there that has interviewed for MSP yet???

hey. i just found out via email that I was accepted to the UMDNJ GSBS program for fall 2007. Was wondering if anyone else heard back from them. Still waiting for my last recommendation to get in for Loyola, BU, georgetown, UCinn, and Drexel. This thread's sick!

hey. i just found out via email that I was accepted to the UMDNJ GSBS program for fall 2007. Was wondering if anyone else heard back from them. Still waiting for my last recommendation to get in for Loyola, BU, georgetown, UCinn, and Drexel. This thread's sick!

hey congrats kpxnyc! i applied to UMDNJ also.. i was just wondering when your application was complete for them, so i can try and estimate when I will be getting a response

So I just got back from my spring break trip and checked my email to find an acceptance from Cinicinnati and an interview invite from Penn. I also had an acceptance packet from EVMS (which they sent to my parents? weird). So apparently these places are finally getting back to people. EVMS only gives 10 days to decide whether to accept their offer or not, though-this is problematic because I haven't heard back from Georgetown yet (my #1 choice, I think). Crap. Anybody else heard back from Georgetown recently?

So I just got back from my spring break trip and checked my email to find an acceptance from Cinicinnati and an interview invite from Penn. I also had an acceptance packet from EVMS (which they sent to my parents? weird). So apparently these places are finally getting back to people. EVMS only gives 10 days to decide whether to accept their offer or not, though-this is problematic because I haven't heard back from Georgetown yet (my #1 choice, I think). Crap. Anybody else heard back from Georgetown recently?

Grats! What a relief for you!! I am still waiting on all those schools :scared:

hey congrats kpxnyc! i applied to UMDNJ also.. i was just wondering when your application was complete for them, so i can try and estimate when I will be getting a response

thanks grkp09. i found out 2 days ago and my application was completed last week. i was surprised that it came so fast.

ahh that scares me a little.. considering my application was finished back in january

i called them last week and they told me they will start looking at applications next week (now this week)...

ahh that scares me a little.. considering my application was finished back in january

i called them last week and they told me they will start looking at applications next week (now this week)...

Grats on UNDMJ. Is that your number one choice?

Grats on UNDMJ. Is that your number one choice?

thanks vannostran. it's one of my top choices cause i'm from jersey and umdnj is one of my top choices for med school. i'm still waiting to hear back from georgetown and bu

thanks vannostran. it's one of my top choices cause i'm from jersey and umdnj is one of my top choices for med school. i'm still waiting to hear back from georgetown and bu

You can't beat the tuition at UMDNJ. That would be a tough decision if it came down to GT and UMDNJ.

You can't beat the tuition at UMDNJ. That would be a tough decision if it came down to GT and UMDNJ.

yeah i know. and it's close to home so i could commute. i'm also at undergrad at boston so bu would be a good choice too. i just wanna hear back from all my other schools!

yeah i know. and it's close to home so i could commute. i'm also at undergrad at boston so bu would be a good choice too. i just wanna hear back from all my other schools!

I wouldn't hold your breath for BU, they take there time from what I hear. As for GT, did you give them a call or email Dr. Myers? From what I read, at this time of the year, a lot of people are put on hold.

do you know if they tell you you're on hold?

I wouldn't hold your breath for BU, they take there time from what I hear. As for GT, did you give them a call or email Dr. Myers? From what I read, at this time of the year, a lot of people are put on hold.

i actually know that my applications still incomplete cause i think my last recommender sent in the lor this weekend. so i'll have to wait and find out.

I checked my email and got into GU's SMP! They said it takes 4 weeks to verify transcripts. I'm taking one course right now at the grad school, so I'm not sure if that will mess with my transcripts at all. See ya in the fall!:D

bocfan,
Congrats on the the acceptance!!! :D

Is anybody else having trouble communicating with Georgetown? They hate people calling them, so I use email, but they just....don't respond. At all. Which is annoying in the extreme ($120 app fee says that maybe you should reply to your %#@%$#% email). I would like to know if they're still missing my MCAT scores (which I sent almost 2 months ago) but who knows....

yea, i couldn't find a phone number and emailed instead..

I used this number--> 202-687-7979, which is Amy Richards' number. I believe she is the Academic Coordinator for the program, and she has always gotten back to me after I left a message.

I got my acceptance via email today!

awesome, thanks! i will try her tomorrow..

congrats on georgetown! looks like you have some great options :)
oh, btw, when were you complete at gtown?

awesome, thanks! i will try her tomorrow..

congrats on georgetown! looks like you have some great options :)
oh, btw, when were you complete at gtown?

I also played phone/email tag with their admissions office...they're not so good with email, as you probably know...so I was complete a few weeks ago at most although I applied early January.

so it's true, you have to call to find out about holds for georgetown.
i talked to amy who was very nice and helpful. if you're put on hold you probably don't get re-reviewed until may.

i also called the coordinator at university of cincinnati (ms. coleman).. i got her voicemail but she called me back within an hour or so!
so i am on hold there too.. she was also very helpful. the committee there meets every 2-3 weeks and re-reviews often. she told me i had been reviewed twice.

..and the wait continues!
but it was great how nice and helpful the coordinators were :)