Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am unable to send you a message on SDN. You may have messages set to only allow people that you follow. You can change this under Preferences.

Just changed my preferences- could you please try sending it to me again?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you could send it to me as well Thank you

how soon would you guys recommend we start looking for apartments and roommates? Should we wait until the summer or sooner?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I accepted my offer to Tech a couple of weeks ago. Is there a facebook group set up yet? If so, how do I join?

If you were accepted and plan to attend Tech, please post here so I can send you some info! I already sent the info to klavinia4, raider 21, eliafua, and thestrugglez (check your inbox).
Hi! I've been accepted and plan to attend, I'd like to get some info please :)

Last edited:
If you were accepted and plan to attend Tech, please post here so I can send you some info! I already sent the info to klavinia4, raider 21, eliafua, and thestrugglez (check your inbox).

I just got my acceptance today! Can't wait to meet my fellow classmates! :)

Everyone who has been accepted so far should have received a message. If you haven't please let me know.

I'm attending Tech and would like to get the info as well please! Also, does anybody know if there is a facebook page already set up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for being so helpful.
If you dont mind, can you describe a day of your life as a PharmD student?

What did you do during the summer between P1 and P2?( internship maybe?)
I am a current P2 and I have a number of friends that did an internship. I personally decided to take on a research internship instead of a traditional community pharmacy internship.
A day in the life, well it depends what day of the week it is. I have maintained a good work life balance so school for a few hours a day, probably 5 hours and then I take a cool down period of an hour or two before ever picking up my computer again. About once a week have a meeting for an organization and I'm a total crammer (it works for me in most classes) so when there is an exam that consumes my entire night but on easier weeks I get a full 8 hours of sleep easy.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh and send Romy or I a message and we can link you to the facebook page that has been set up for your class.
Congrats to everyone accepted!

The facebook page has members of the class of 2019 as well as P1, P2, and P3 students more that ready to answer any questions you may have.

Hi! I got accepted a few weeks ago too! Can you guys also send me the Facebook page and the info that is being sent around? Thanks :D

I got accepted as well, could i have the facebook link?

Can I also have the Facebook page and the info that is being sent around? :) Thanks!

Anyone hear back from the March 13th interview? My interviewer said they would be contacting us by the end of the week.

Anyone hear back from the March 13th interview? My interviewer said they would be contacting us by the end of the week.
I interviewed on March 6th, haven't heard anything yet :0 the wait is killing me!!!

I got accepted!!! :D I'm so excited!! ^0^

I requested Abilene and I am really hoping for that. Do I have to wait until my letter gets here to find out which campus I got?

Oh and send Romy or I a message and we can link you to the facebook page that has been set up for your class.
Congrats to everyone accepted!

The facebook page has members of the class of 2019 as well as P1, P2, and P3 students more that ready to answer any questions you may have.

Can I get the link as well??
And how is research internship in Amarillo?? Are there plenty of school related researches going on in Amarillo?
I am still kind of deciding between UH and Texas Tech, and one thing matters for me is research opportunities since I am planning to continue doing research in school.
Can you get paid as well???

i just got accepted and plan to attend, can you please send me some info and maybe a link to the facebook group. i gotta start looking for some roommates! i'm so excited!

Can I also get the info? I am definitely planning to attend!

hi i just got accepted! can someone send me the fb link or the group. So excited for this opportunity and see yall at amarillo!!

And how is research internship in Amarillo?? Are there plenty of school related researches going on in Amarillo?
I am still kind of deciding between UH and Texas Tech, and one thing matters for me is research opportunities since I am planning to continue doing research in school.
There are research opportunities on both campuses. You can volunteer to help with research, and there are some paid spots available through the TRIG program.

Research internships are awesome here. If I were to have to guess, I would say that more than half of our faculty is doing research and with all of my experiences, they have been more than happy to take on a pharmacy student. I participate in a 10 week paid internship last summer (between P1 and P2) through the school to do research with a faculty member. I got to pick my faculty member and I decided to stay on the project. There were a number of first year pharmacy students that got involved in research their first year and are absolutely loving it. We actually have not only a floor in one of the SOP but an entire research building for our faculty. What field of research are you interested in?

Research internships are awesome here. If I were to have to guess, I would say that more than half of our faculty is doing research and with all of my experiences, they have been more than happy to take on a pharmacy student. I participate in a 10 week paid internship last summer (between P1 and P2) through the school to do research with a faculty member. I got to pick my faculty member and I decided to stay on the project. There were a number of first year pharmacy students that got involved in research their first year and are absolutely loving it. We actually have not only a floor in one of the SOP but an entire research building for our faculty. What field of research are you interested in?

I have been involved in some projects related to diabetes and definitely enjoyed it, but I'm not so tied to one topic specifically.
Oncology is also one that I find interesting, and Dr. Karbowniczek, who interviewed me for admission, told me he is doing a lot of cancer research,
but I found that he is at Abilene campus.
Are you staying in Amarillo for four years?? If you are heading to Dallas, wouldn't that dislocation kind of discontinue your connection to research??

I really appreciate your infos!! :D

I have been involved in some projects related to diabetes and definitely enjoyed it, but I'm not so tied to one topic specifically.
Oncology is also one that I find interesting, and Dr. Karbowniczek, who interviewed me for admission, told me he is doing a lot of cancer research,
but I found that he is at Abilene campus.
Are you staying in Amarillo for four years?? If you are heading to Dallas, wouldn't that dislocation kind of discontinue your connection to research??

I really appreciate your infos!! :D

We have cancer researchers on both campuses, here in Amarillo Dr. Wang is really really good.
I started out having AMA/DAL and actually switched this year to have AMA/AMA. You get an initial deployment designation with admission but fall of P2 year you have the opportunity to change your choice. By staying here I'm able to stay on my current project. There are researchers in Dallas but I've gotten to be quite fond of the faculty here in Amarillo.

Congrats to those who have made it in!!!

Has anyone else who interviewed on March 6 or prior NOT heard anything? :(

Hey y'all, I'm going on vacation starting Saturday morning, and I won't be back until Friday night. If anyone else posts that they are accepted, it would be great if someone could send them my message in my absence. Not sure how good the internet will be where I'm going! Thanks!

Hey y'all, I'm going on vacation starting Saturday morning, and I won't be back until Friday night. If anyone else posts that they are accepted, it would be great if someone could send them my message in my absence. Not sure how good the internet will be where I'm going! Thanks!
I'll be here to answer questions and send links, have a great trip Romy.

If someone could send me the fb link that would be great! Also, does anyone know how to begin creating an eRaider account?