Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my acceptance email. Interviewed 3/7

Members don't see this ad.

Be patient, I interviewed on feb 14 and just got my email today. that's over a month of waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
So who has gotten into abilene? The Facebook group only shows 5. I know there is only 40 of us , but haven't really seen anyone to network with.

So who has gotten into abilene? The Facebook group only shows 5. I know there is only 40 of us , but haven't really seen anyone to network with.

I think the facebook group has quite a few more people in Abilene now

I have been accepted into the program at Amarillo and am currently looking for one roomate (Male) to live with for this coming school year! I have looked at some of the apartments and I am open to most of them. If anyone is looking for a roomate, please contact me by email at [email protected]

I have been accepted into the program at Amarillo and am currently looking for one roomate (Male) to live with for this coming school year! I have looked at some of the apartments and I am open to most of them. If anyone is looking for a roomate, please contact me by email at [email protected]
If you join the facebook groups there are some google docs going to help people find roommates.

Anyone from the wait list hear anything back yet? How its moving along or your ranking?

Anyone know what's up with the dual program? Do you receive admission into it along with the pharmacy school acceptance?

Anyone know what's up with the dual program? Do you receive admission into it along with the pharmacy school acceptance?
They start their classes the end of May I believe, I interviewed in Abilene and they had us fill out a form to turn in to indicate our interest. The dual degree is limited, I don't remember the actual total they accept a year though. No you do not get automatic admission to the dual program and I believe you need a bachelors degree to apply.

it's been a while since Ive been on here. Im going to be a p1 this fall at TTUHSC so let me share some insight into the app process for all of you guys

First of all, relax!! TTUHSC is a school that focuses a lot more on the whole package deal than just your GPA and PCAT scores. This is coming from a guy who got accepted with a 2.3 Pharmcas GPA. Ill explain that later

Now some advice: Tech is rolling admissions but there admissions process works differently than the traditional rolling admissions where the first people to turn in their apps gets priority in spots. no. for tech
All app's are received and ppl sign up for interview dates. SIGN UP FOR THE EARLIEST INTERVIEW DATE. They will look over all the applications+interviews from the first couple interview dates and choose the top people from that pool. Then the next few interview dates will occur and they will look over ALL the unchosen applicants from the first interviews plus the new people that interviewed and then choose the top people from that pool. So don't feel like you have to get your application in right this second to have the best chance, because it really hinges on your interview date that determines how many times your app will be considered (assuming you get an interview).

Also TTUHSC looks primarily at your TTUHSC SUPPLEMENTAL APP GPA. On their supplemental application, you have to insert all of your pre req grades and they calculate your GPA for you. THAT is the GPA they go buy. They do not even look at your pharmcas GPA, only your pre req GPA. My undergrad GPA was very low 2.3, because I failed a lot of upper level classes. However, since these classes were not pre reqs for tech, i did NOT have to input them into the GPA calculations so my tech GPA was actually a 3.2. So bottom line! DO NOT WORRY if you made an F or a D in a 400 level class you took during your senior year cuz u had senioritis, they dont even look at taht. They just care about the grades you made in your PRE REQ classes.:clap:

If you have a GPA above a 3.0! Apply BEFORE NOVEMBER! this is the deadline for "fast track to admissions" anyone with a gpa of 3.0 or above is eligible to apply for fast track. you will know about your interview faster and also hear back sooner.

TTUHSC has one of the most laid back interviews ever! they dont ask you all the usual crap about "why you wanna be a pharmacist". They ask you 5 questions in total, and they are ALL "give me an example of a time you showed..." type of questions,. Like tell me about a time you showed leadership, tell me about a time you solved a conflict.

LAST but no least, WORK on your supplemental app essay questions early! TTUHSC has quite a long supp application, but it also gives you a lot of opportunity to truly express yourself! use it to your advantage!

To everyone! GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR!:luck:

Bro this motivated me alot, I am retaking my PCAT for the second time after making a 42 percentile on on it and I plan to get in at least the 80's in order to get into pharmacy school/ TTUHSC is my no.1 choise

Last edited: