Texas Tech Pharmacy 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't received anything yet! But good luck to whoever signed up for one already. Can you please tell me what location it is at?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't received anything yet! But good luck to whoever signed up for one already. Can you please tell me what location it is at?
When I signed up for mine, there are two slots available. Both in Amarillo for 23rd and 30th..I think.

Thanks :) I guess I will wait for mine patiently! Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope so, it would relieve some stress, may I ask what your stats were and when you submitted your application?

I hope so, it would relieve some stress, may I ask what your stats were and when you submitted your application?
My stats are pretty low actually lol. 3.3 prereg GPA, avg PCAT, BA in Chem, LOR's are alright I guess lol??? I actually don't have any work exp, only 100 hours volunteer. That's about it lol

Last edited:
My stats are pretty low actually lol. 3.3 prereg GPA, avg PCAT, BA in Chem, LOR's are alright I guess lol??? I actually don't have any work exp, only 100 hours volunteer. That's about it lol
Wait til Friday, if still nothing........
Based on statistics, out of all applicants, 1/2 get interview, 1/3 get accepted

Well, I think I have decent stats and they can be compared to other who are applied and chatting in the forum. I don't see why I shouldn't get an interview but than again I'm not on their committee so I don't know exactly what they are looking for. Plus I been getting emails and updates late. I see that you guys post something and then I check and nothing but then a few 2-3 days later I get it. So I guess I will wait it out until Friday.

Last edited:
Hey guys current P2 here in Abilene.
First off congrats to everyone who has received an interview! I may be interviewing some of you guys if you choose to interview in Abilene. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

What are you trying to say? :)[/QUOT
Well, I think I have decent stats and they can be compared to other who are applied and chatting in the forum. I don't see why I shouldn't get an interview but than again I'm not on their committee so I don't know exactly what they are looking for. Plus I been getting emails and updates late. I see that you guys post something and then I check and nothing but then a few 2-3 days later I get it. So I guess I will wait it out until Friday.
I think you might have turned in ur app a little later than we did. so no worry, u ll receive the email too

Members don't see this ad :)
.....i m regular....
and we r going at the same time
ED v.s regular?
I have no idea. I guess it's because you submitted your application before ED deadline??? Or it could be because you have excellent stats?
I'm so nervous for the interview. I know they decided to drop the essay section, but that means everything else would weigh more than they did before. Gonna find time to practice now.

I have no idea. I guess it's because you submitted your application before ED deadline??? Or it could be because you have excellent stats?
I'm so nervous for the interview. I know they decided to drop the essay section, but that means everything else would weigh more than they did before. Gonna find time to practice now.
i m getting nervous too...need to dry clean the suits, need to reserve hotel..
I think it might be because i submitted my app really early and they mistook it for ED

i m getting nervous too...need to dry clean the suits, need to reserve hotel..
I think it might be because i submitted my app really early and they mistook it for ED
That's probably why. Are you interviewing in Amarillo?

yep, amarillo was the only choice. I wish Abilene was there
Same. I'm still debating whether to endure a 6hr drive and risk getting exhausted before the interview day or fly there but not having the ability to drive around the area. Not sure how the bus service works either...

Same. I'm still debating whether to endure a 6hr drive and risk getting exhausted before the interview day or fly there but not having the ability to drive around the area. Not sure how the bus service works either...
..i actually think they probably did not have enough EDs this time.
I am driving 6 hours too..having a car is better than renting

..i actually think they probably did not have enough EDs this time.
I am driving 6 hours too..having a car is better than renting

I was hearing that UT Pharm in Austin is doing ED for the first year ever this year, so that may be part of it.

Good luck to all that have interviews, I look forward to seeing your advice as Tech is on my list if I don't get my ED into A&M!

Hey guys current P2 here in Abilene.
First off congrats to everyone who has received an interview! I may be interviewing some of you guys if you choose to interview in Abilene. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.
I will be interviewing in Abilene on the 30th! I am very familiar with the area but any tips or suggestions for the day will be great!

What! U got Abilene. Sigh...I signed up too late
I will be interviewing in Abilene on the 30th! I am very familiar with the area but any tips or suggestions for the day will be great!

I'm regular decision and I got an interview early too. Sent in my application on the 2nd and now I have an interview in Abilene on the 23rd. I feel so unprepared, I didn't expect them to interview so early! I'm just glad it's in Abilene because 1) I'm from Abilene and 2) it's close to DFW which is where I'm at now. Still don't know if I wanna go to Abilene or Amarillo tho. Also I applied to other places so if Tech accepts me early I don't know what I'll do. :arghh:Congrats to everyone on getting an interview!

Its weird how regular decision people are getting interviews before ED people. Like how is that possible? Anyways, congrats to those who are getting interviews. I don't know what to think now since interviews are next week for some of you.

Its weird how regular decision people are getting interviews before ED people. Like how is that possible? Anyways, congrats to those who are getting interviews. I don't know what to think now since interviews are next week for some of you.
I am ED. I had all paperwork/verified by 3 Aug. I'm sure they give first priority to ED but if a package looks good they might as well as fill up interview slots. Hang in there!

Yeah that makes sense also, but I think that ED people (like myself, as well as others) should be notified before the regular decision people. If not then what is the point of Early Decision? Everyone is anxious to see if they got an interview, because I know I am.

I'm regular decision and I got an interview early too. Sent in my application on the 2nd and now I have an interview in Abilene on the 23rd. I feel so unprepared, I didn't expect them to interview so early! I'm just glad it's in Abilene because 1) I'm from Abilene and 2) it's close to DFW which is where I'm at now. Still don't know if I wanna go to Abilene or Amarillo tho. Also I applied to other places so if Tech accepts me early I don't know what I'll do. :arghh:Congrats to everyone on getting an interview!
When did u pick ur location? I picked at 3 o clock yesterday and I did not c Abilene

Yeah that makes sense also, but I think that ED people (like myself, as well as others) should be notified before the regular decision people. If not then what is the point of Early Decision? Everyone is anxious to see if they got an interview, because I know I am.
Have u received anything from tech? Are ur stats decent?

@howtobecool I received an email with the subject "Early Decision Application Received - Next Step".

PCAT Scores:
Writing - 2.5
Biological Processes - 82
Chemical Processes - 99
Critical Reading - 23
Quantitative Reasoning - 47
Composite 77

GPA 3.14 overall
PharmCAS GPA is 3.25

I have a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry. I have over 350+ volunteer hours at church. I have worked in CVS pharmacy for 1.5 years.

I have PTCB and State Board of Pharmacy Certified since 2012.

Oh. The one that says everything from now on will be updated in pharmcas.
Dont worry, pal. Maybe they r sending out invites based on the date u turned in apps
@howtobecool I received an email with the subject "Early Decision Application Received - Next Step".

Did you also receive that email? Also did they notify you about the interview by email also, or did you just keep checking? I appreciate the words, its nerve wrecking to sit here and think about it constantly.

Did you also receive that email? Also did they notify you about the interview by email also, or did you just keep checking? I appreciate the words, its nerve wrecking to sit here and think about it constantly.
I did receive the "everything will be updated in pharmcas" email. they notified me interview dates via email.
i submitted pharmcas and Tech supplemental on August 02, and received the invite on September 14

Awesome thats good to hear. PharmCAS send me an email saying "Your PharmCAS Application has been Verified and GPAs Calculated" but that was Sept 13th. I submitted my PharmCAS on Aug 31st, and my supplemental on Sept 6th.

Should definitely get here the day before and get a good night's sleep before because you'll be at the school all day. It's a pretty laid back process. They provide you guys with lunch and give a tour of the school. If they kept things the same, you'll be interviewed by 1 faculty member and 1 student. Just be yourself and be prepared for behavioral questions and you should be fine.

When did u pick ur location? I picked at 3 o clock yesterday and I did not c Abilene
The only options it gave me was Abilene for both dates, not Amarillo. Amarillo didn't show up for me so they must have just placed people randomly.

The only options it gave me was Abilene for both dates, not Amarillo. Amarillo didn't show up for me so they must have just placed people randomly.
i guess you got really lucky. I had Amarillo September 23/30

Awesome thats good to hear. PharmCAS send me an email saying "Your PharmCAS Application has been Verified and GPAs Calculated" but that was Sept 13th. I submitted my PharmCAS on Aug 31st, and my supplemental on Sept 6th.
oh..your pharmcas didn't get verified till 2 days ago?...that might be why

Haha yeah, that totally slipped my mind. Anyways, I will give it until Tuesday or so before I email them.

Hey y'all! For anyone that's interviewing in Amarillo on the 30th, where are y'all staying and are y'all renting a car? Would anyone be interested in splitting costs of a car and a motel room?

I'm planning to do early decision for Texas Tech and UNT next year, since I still have some science classes to be done before I can apply. So I still have almost a year to decide what other places I want to apply to, do you guys think if graduate from a top rank pharmacy school will give you a higher chance to get a job??

I'm planning to do early decision for Texas Tech and UNT next year, since I still have some science classes to be done before I can apply. So I still have almost a year to decide what other places I want to apply to, do you guys think if graduate from a top rank pharmacy school will give you a higher chance to get a job??
i remember someone once said "pharmacy school rankings is a joke"
but does ranking system really matter when looking for a job?
The Supreme Court Judges can only be chosen from Ivy League law schools, and the Wall Street is filled with Ivy League school grads. They both show one fact: school ranking matters for certain situations.
Will CVS care about your school ranking? Probably no, they care more about your licence.
Will residency programs care? totally, they will compare a Tech grad and a UNT grad and say "hmmm, guess what, Tech wins"

Last edited:
Been reading this thread for awhile now - finally decided to post lol

Interviewing in Amarillo on Sept 23 (ED)....super nervous. Looking forward to meeting you guys, @howtobecool @heyabbeyyy ! :)

Oops, forgot to mention that I've moved mine to Abilene. Sorry about that. Good luck to you though :)
did u call them or email?
I emailed them today to have the location changed. waiting for an answer..:oops:

Last edited: