Texas Tech class 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where you want to spend your 3rd and 4th years?

• Lubbock

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Amarillo

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • El Paso

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
thackl said:
Talk to your big sib or back up through this thread to my book advice.

so i was wondering if there is another get together planned. I unfortunately couldn't come to the last one. I realize there's a big one next week for about 4 days :) .

even if it's during the week for dinner, that's cool too.

any thoughts?

PS - if someone could bring thackl that would be nice, i wanna meet this person.

Members don't see this ad.

A group of us are planning on meeting at the T.G.I. Friday's by the mall: http://tgifridays.know-where.com/tgifridays/cgi/site?00316 tomorrow - Wednesday at 6pm. Please respond if you're coming so we know how big of a table to get! See you there!!!

newdude said:
so i was wondering if there is another get together planned. I unfortunately couldn't come to the last one. I realize there's a big one next week for about 4 days :) .

even if it's during the week for dinner, that's cool too.

any thoughts?

PS - if someone could bring thackl that would be nice, i wanna meet this person.

I did not read this entire thread, but I am an MS4 in Lubbock and would be happy to answer any questions that anyone has about our town, the clinical or basic science years. Probably is best to private message me.

Also, if you have a particular interest in Emergency Medicine, I will do my best to clue you in to some things you could start doing now in prep for residency application and such.

Just relax, it really is not all that bad and you will find 99%+ of the people here VERY helpful.

-GT

Members don't see this ad :)
Just inviting y'all to a casual shindig to meet folk and hang out. It's this Friday, 8pm-whenever. I've got Cranium, Scrabble, and will have poker chips by day's end. I volunteer my place and figure I can get non-alcoholic drinks (just let me know what you like). Anything in addtition to that is BYOB/M/G (beer, munchies, and games).
If you're interested, you'll need directions, so just drop me a private message, and I'll fill you in on specifics.

Amazoe said:
Just inviting y'all to a casual shindig to meet folk and hang out. It's this Friday, 8pm-whenever. I've got Cranium, Scrabble, and will have poker chips by day's end. I volunteer my place and figure I can get non-alcoholic drinks (just let me know what you like). Anything in addtition to that is BYOB/M/G (beer, munchies, and games).
If you're interested, you'll need directions, so just drop me a private message, and I'll fill you in on specifics.
The only thing I have is Operation (Homer Simpson edition) and poker chips but I'll bring them both.

EM_Rebuilder said:
I did not read this entire thread, but I am an MS4 in Lubbock and would be happy to answer any questions that anyone has about our town, the clinical or basic science years. Probably is best to private message me.

Also, if you have a particular interest in Emergency Medicine, I will do my best to clue you in to some things you could start doing now in prep for residency application and such.

Just relax, it really is not all that bad and you will find 99%+ of the people here VERY helpful.

-GT

I'm about to start first year at tech and my 2 interests are EM and Medicine. I'm going to EP for clinicals which is probably the best for EM since they have the residency. Do you know what sort of involvement in the ER that Internal has vs. just doing EM?

ignore my post...accidentally posted in what i thought to be a pharm board and have no clue how to delete it haha.

Last edited: