Texas Tech 2012 Application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope! This is my first application cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Ah! Interviews are in 2 weeks! I really hope that my school didn't mess up my transcripts again. I'm hoping PharmCAS gets my application sent soon. I already called Tech and asked to be considered for an October interview if it was still possible. I don't care if they call me Thursday night and say "Be here at 8am." because I would be there no matter what!

Both of my bosses at CVS say "Romy will get into pharmacy school for sure!" While I know they both wrote me great recommendation letters and it's good to hear they think I'll get in, I am still really nervous. I'm pretty much just average going by Tech's posted stats on previous students.

2 weeks??!?!!???! My pharmcas hasnt even been verified yet!! ahhh!!!!! :scared: Im Reg dec. Are you talkin about Interviews for ED?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted as regular, but asked to be considered fro an October interview if possible. I had intended to do ED but I have issue with transcripts/my debit card.

At this point, I'm fairly certain that my chances of an October interview are next to 0. I'm worried that my school FUBAR'd my transcripts again, as I submitted my request to have them mailed to PharmCAS almost 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything from PharmCAS about having received them.

I interviewed in Abilene and I think it went pretty well. It was a long day (7:30 to 4)... but overall everyone was amazing!

It went really well in Abilene not as hard as I thought it would be good luck to everyone interviewing regular cycle.

Has anyone heard anything back yet. He said they were meeting last Saturday...nothing on pharmcas here so far.

I was under the impression that you find out in November.

we were told they would post to pharmcas by Friday. Just wondered if it could post before Friday or if we have to be tortured waiting all week lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
From PharmCAS:

PharmCAS institutions will make admission decisions on early decision applicants by October 19, 2012.

never heard of TT posting interview invites/acceptances posted on pharmcas.:confused:

My interview invite came via email from Tech....so i'm unsure how any acceptance status will look and if we can expect an email as well.

Okay guys, anyone else experience anything like this?

Dear romylove:

Although you have submitted your PharmCAS application, we have not received your Supplemental Application which is required as well. You can find our Supplemental Application on our web site at
www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/prospective - Click on Apply Now
If you have started the Supplemental Application but have not completed, please do that as soon as possible. We cannot work your PharmCAS Application until your Supplemental Application is submitted. You do not have to wait until PCAT scores are received by PharmCAS or all references completed with PharmCAS in order to submit your Supplemental Application.
You will use your PharmCAS ID to complete the Supplemental Application when it asks for Student ID. Good luck!
Sharon Harrison
Director, Student Affairs
Advisor

Hello Ms. Harrison,
I received this automatic e-mail, and I am hoping that you could advise me as to why. All the forms and sections on Merlin show complete with green check marks, as well as "Application Packet Submit." Under Applicant Status Review it shows that an oath of residency has not been received, though it appears as a separate section on the main application. If I am missing anything, please let me know. I am very anxious to hear back on my application, and I hope to be accepted to Tech for next year.

Thank you,
romylove

Dear romylove:

Although you have submitted your PharmCAS application, we have not received your Supplemental Application which is required as well. You can find our Supplemental Application on our web site at
If you have started the Supplemental Application but have not completed, please do that as soon as possible. We cannot work your PharmCAS Application until your Supplemental Application is submitted. You do not have to wait until PCAT scores are received by PharmCAS or all references completed with PharmCAS in order to submit your Supplemental Application.
You will use your PharmCAS ID to complete the Supplemental Application when it asks for Student ID. Good luck!
Sharon Harrison
Advisor

Hello Ms. Harrison,
I received this automatic e-mail, and I am hoping that you could advise me as to why. All the forms and sections on Merlin show complete with green check marks, as well as "Application Packet Submit." Under Applicant Status Review it shows that an oath of residency has not been received, though it appears as a separate section on the main application. If I am missing anything, please let me know. I am very anxious to hear back on my application, and I hope to be accepted to Tech for next year.

Thank you,
romylove

Romylove, I thought you already finished everything. I have not submitted my supp yet so I got this same email yesterday. no worries

Dear romylove:

Sharon Harrison
Advisor

Hello Ms. Harrison,

Thank you,
romylove

I think you have to have all green check marks on the whole page that's what I did including the oath of residency.

From Ms. Harrison:

.I certainly did not intend to send you this email. Your file has been sent to Committee and we are awaiting review. They have just finished with the Early Decision applicants and next will gear up for January, February and March interviewing. Most likely you will not hear from us again until an offer for an interview is made (if the Committee selects you for an interview). Sorry for the scare. I think I worked way too many files yesterday and clicked on a wrong email address. Accept my apologies.

She also says that the adcom is going to send out invite starting in December.

.It will be mid- to late December since they want to wait until the deadline passes for the applications. We are hoping to convince them to start offering sooner but it is not our call. Good luck!.

Did anyone from early decision get accepted yet? My friend came by for her interview 2 weeks ago but I don't think she heard anything yet. Just wondering where everyone is with application process.

Btw, a word of advise... if you have keen sense of smell, Amarillo may not be the place for you! :mad:

Haven't heard anything. We were told decisions would hit pharmcas by tomorrow. I guess they mean ON tomorrow lol.

Hey everybody!! I also interviewed at Abilene, and am FREAKING OUT waiting for them to post decisions today? anybody else??!! :)

Wait, so if we are just now submitting our application, are we at a severe disadvantage?!

Woot Woot!!! I got one too! :D Congratulations to all who recieved one!

I got accepted as well :) congrats to everyone!

There is a facebook group created for the class of 2017 so if you got in, we would all like to meet you. It is a good way to getting to know each other and find roommates and friends for the upcoming school year.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/294038034031523/

Thanks and see you there!

-Jacq
TTU Pharmacy School Class of 2017

Can someone help me with the GPA calculation? I am out of state, so I know my chances are 0.5%. I am guessing that is why I am being pushed to the back for a response. I have several different economics courses and upper level sciences. Should I use the highest course number or best grade?

Can someone help me with the GPA calculation? I am out of state, so I know my chances are 0.5%. I am guessing that is why I am being pushed to the back for a response. I have several different economics courses and upper level sciences. Should I use the highest course number or best grade?

That is a question for your advisor. Did you email the advisor directly or did you use the generic email address? They took a week and a half to get back to me using the generic email address so if its been that long for you then email the advisor directly.

That is a question for your advisor. Did you email the advisor directly or did you use the generic email address? They took a week and a half to get back to me using the generic email address so if its been that long for you then email the advisor directly.

I emailed the advisor (Mike Nall) directly. I will give it a few more days.

I emailed the advisor (Mike Nall) directly. I will give it a few more days.

Tommy. Already called advisor a month ago. Although they look at all your grades (retakes), they only use the LATEST grade for your GPA calculations (Pre-req). So your older retake grades don't come into effect. :thumbup:

Tommy. Already called advisor a month ago. Although they look at all your grades (retakes), they only use the LATEST grade for your GPA calculations (Pre-req). So your older retake grades don't come into effect. :thumbup:

I mean when I have to calculate for 3 credits of economics what 3 credits do I calculate? I had a C in microeconomics, but an A in macroeconomics, intermediate macroeconomics, and international finance. Also, the suggested upper level science courses to include were biochemistry, genetics, immunology, anatomy. I took all of them. I don't know which one to choose to calculate in. I would like to go with anatomy because it was my best grade, but it is also the lowest level out of all the choices.

I mean when I have to calculate for 3 credits of economics what 3 credits do I calculate? I had a C in microeconomics, but an A in macroeconomics, intermediate macroeconomics, and international finance. Also, the suggested upper level science courses to include were biochemistry, genetics, immunology, anatomy. I took all of them. I don't know which one to choose to calculate in. I would like to go with anatomy because it was my best grade, but it is also the lowest level out of all the choices.

I would use macro because that's what they prefer and ask the advisor about the sciences I would call instead of email.

Thank you beargirl200308, The Recoverer, and Jubei612004. He just emailed me back and told me to use intro to macroeconomics (even though I have an advanced one) and my highest life sciences grade.

Thank you beargirl200308, The Recoverer, and Jubei612004. He just emailed me back and told me to use intro to macroeconomics (even though I have an advanced one) and my highest life sciences grade.

Your welcome and good luck.

Linda has been getting back to me quick today. I'm assuming its b/c they were all busy working on the ED applications & now that's over they can finally focus on the rest of us.

sent from my galaxy s 3 using sdn mobile

So I calculated my GPA and it is a 3.16. I have a BS in Biochemistry. I have 18 months retail pharmacy experience (CPhT), 6 months long-term care pharmacy, and pharmaceutical research since March with Johnson & Johnson. I was vice-president for a year and president for another year of pre-pharmacy club. I was also scholarship chair for two years of my fraternity. I am just really questioning my stats because I am out of state. I also know I have to get like an 80+ on the PCAT next week.

When submitting LoR's, does Tech accept LoR's that dont have the PharmCas completely filled out but have the LoR attached that is signed?

What does it smell like?

It's the smell of cow poop. This happens about 3-4 times a week. Sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night. As soon as you walk out the door, cold breeze will hit your face along with this intolerable smell of cow poop. And some times, rarely though surely, it's so strong that you will almost throw up... haha There were reports of dead fish smell from some of the P1s though i haven't experienced that yet.

Good luck everyone! :D