Temple School Of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to all who got in!! hopefully see you guys in the fall~

Members don't see this ad.

congrats pigxoxo! :) is your friend still waiting for the decision letter?:rolleyes:

Thanks RedROSE:)

Unfortunately, my friend haven't heard back from them yet. I told her to call them and find out and hopefully she gets in, too.

:luck:
Hey PharmDream and everybody else, see you guys in September.
I got accepted, too. My interview was on Feb 21st and I just receive a letter in the mail last night and I was so excited and couldn't sleep. I can't believe it when I open the letter because my cumulative GPA 3.0, sGPA 2.7 ,PCAT 79. Sooooo, any of you that have low GPA don't get discourage, I got in so can you. I think what help me the most is that I went with my friend to her interview in December and get to know the school and admission people and make a good impression.:luck:

Wow congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! I know how much you wanted to get in!!! I guess I will see you in orientation!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody looking for a roomate???

Wow! I can't believe how lucky you guys are with those scores! Gives me hope. Did you guys apply early in the cycle? If Temple is a good school, how are they able to accept students with such low grades? I took the January PCAT, not the October one. Pharmcas just received the scores so I don't know if Temple will even offer me an interview. My question is that if there are 3600+ applicants from a post that I just read up above, then can you imagine how bad the scores from those other applicants are? I just don't get it or people are just lying about their grades...

:luck:
Hey PharmDream and everybody else, see you guys in September.
I got accepted, too. My interview was on Feb 21st and I just receive a letter in the mail last night and I was so excited and couldn't sleep. I can't believe it when I open the letter because my cumulative GPA 3.0, sGPA 2.7 ,PCAT 79. Sooooo, any of you that have low GPA don't get discourage, I got in so can you. I think what help me the most is that I went with my friend to her interview in December and get to know the school and admission people and make a good impression.:luck:

Wow! I can't believe how lucky you guys are with those scores! Gives me hope. Did you guys apply early in the cycle? If Temple is a good school, how are they able to accept students with such low grades? I took the January PCAT, not the October one. Pharmcas just received the scores so I don't know if Temple will even offer me an interview. My question is that if there are 3600+ applicants from a post that I just read up above, then can you imagine how bad the scores from those other applicants are? I just don't get it or people are just lying about their grades...

You have to realize that a lot of things make up a good applicant. Such as teriffic letters of recommendation, work experience, science degree (some people take really hard classes that bring down their gpa), and personal statement. I think Temple has a focus on the person and their determination, instead of placing emphasis on grades. How can a person whose English is a second language score the same on the verbal section as if someone who lived their whole life here can? Someone could have a low PCAT just because of that! My PCAT was low for that reason. My gpa was low because I took upper level chemistry, calculus, and biology courses. So I think that grades/ scores are not everything!

Yes, I do have low grades, but I show them that I really want to get in their school by visiting there once before my interview and make effort to get to know the school and the admission people. I know that I am EXTREMELY LUCKY, but I also try very very hard, too. They don't base only on grades you know, there are other stuff, too. Why would a person lie about having bad grades?????????:confused: I just want to encourage other like me (low grades) that they do have a chance of getting in.

Yes,
one of my friend who interviewed on the begining of Feb (2/8) still didn't get any respond from the school, even though she has BS degree, perfect GPA, and high PCAT score.
She makes me very nervous on my upcoming interview.

Anybody looking for a roomate???

i think finding housing is going to be a big pain in the butt...the area around doesnt look all that great...and it IS north philly...so i guess gotta find other safer areas...but its so damn expensive to live in the city

i think finding housing is going to be a big pain in the butt...the area around doesnt look all that great...and it IS north philly...so i guess gotta find other safer areas...but its so damn expensive to live in the city

I am going to go to Philly in May to look for a decent place...

Wow congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! I know how much you wanted to get in!!! I guess I will see you in orientation!!!

Can anyone make sense out of this? Last year I applied to Temple aliitle late but was lucky to be wait listed ( given alternate admission)but unable to start in fall 2007 becoz they had full enrollment.For 2008 I applied early was able to secure an interview in Dec 4th.However I have not received any denial or acceptance letter.I have called them several times and the message I get is that the decisions have not been made until last week when I was told that the decisions are made but nothing has been mailed out yet that was monday and the lady said that I should be receiving something by mail soon implying last week but when i called on friday at 3pm she said that nothing has gone out yet and requested me to give them alittle more time.I am getting kind of frustrated because it exacly three months now my gpa is around 3.5 with fair pcat score and sciene in the 80s.Am currenly enrolled for cacII the only prereq remaining.Should i just forgot temple or is there any hope? it seem out of normal for them to call be back and not be willing to decide on my case in decent time.This is my first chioice as far as pharm schools.is it okey to email the dean to express concern for the unusual delay? or will i hurt my chance of acceptance?

You could consider the mainline area. Overbrook, Ardmore, Bryn Mawr, Haverford, Lower Merion, Wynnewood, and so on... You can take the train into school and take it back. The housing is a little more expensive, but the area is safe compared to the areas around Temple. Public transportation could make up for the higher rent, but the rent isn't higher than the city so you'll be good.

From your profile, you didn't want to go to Buffalo PharmD? They are good school and so much cheaper in tuition...

I am going to go to Philly in May to look for a decent place...

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied and pharmcas just got my scores. You think I should call the office to tell them that I'm ready, and what's the deal with the interview invite?

Yes,
one of my friend who interviewed on the begining of Feb (2/8) still didn't get any respond from the school, even though she has BS degree, perfect GPA, and high PCAT score.
She makes me very nervous on my upcoming interview.

From your profile, you didn't want to go to Buffalo PharmD? They are good school and so much cheaper in tuition...

I do of course, but they didn't accept me...

Bringing this thread back from the second page...

Today at work, I checked my email and to my surprise I received an email for an interview invite from Temple. Of course, I was elated since I have almost completely given up for this cycle. I hastily called the office at once to set up the interview. They are not interviewing the week of 3/10 I'm told. I picked Tuesday the 18th at 10 am. I'm curious if anyone is scheduled for this time slot.

From what I have read so far in this thread, and what the office told me. I surmise that they invited numerous applicants to be interviewed. I just hope I will shine out from the rest. I'm usually quiet but this is something that I won't take likely.

Good luck!

I interviewed at Temple 3 weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm wondering that anybody interviewed at Temple and waitlisted?

Who do we send thank you letters to after the interview?

i dont care abt temple anymore... i hated the interview ...so unprofessional....the reason is that i got accepted to Jefferson....:):);):rolleyes::D:cool:

IMMEDIATELY after Temple received my supplemental application (which was lost in the mail I assume), they sent me an email for an interview. I scheduled the interview, and even though I did not sleep the night before (stupid reasons (not nervousness) and I didn't prepare as well as I wanted, I still dominated the interview. The same Russian professor with glasses (nuclear pharmacy) interviewed my group of 5 people. I felt very lucky to have gotten the group I did (sorry to the group if you're here, but 3/5 of you were VERY unprepared). Exactly 1 week later I received my email of acceptance. Woo Woo! I have an interview at Shenendoah University this Friday, wish me luck.

My advise, prepare for generic questions and some oddball questions (search this section). Be confident of course, and DONT sound like you are reading memorized script. Let it flow.

To Kim84, hang in there and call them asking about your application status. I received an acceptance letter exactly 1 week after interviewing, so 3 weeks without any update seems wierd.

OMG, like 1 hr ago i got the same email saying im accepted!! My mouth is still open. IM SOOOO HAPPY! I still can't believe it. I know i ace'd the interview but my pcat was 55 and gpa 3.3 so i wasn't sure. The only math i have taken is applied calculus, i think i need to take calc I and II, some arts class, and a history class and some other elective and get Cs to be fully accepted. Thats going to be a huge load in the summer so i dunno what i'm going to do. Does anyone know if appllied calc can be used for calc 1?

Hi justify, congrats!!! How did you ace the interview? I got an interview invitation and am so nervous about it. I don't like group interviews. Any recommendations? thanks..

Thank you.
I appreciate your answer.
I'm so nervous cuase I am not the person like you. not a confident person:(
Anyway, congratulation again!
Hi, sk8erboi. Looks like you are having an interview soon? Do you know when you are going? I just got an invitation yesterday and I havn't called them back yet. I am so nervous about the interview just like you, and I especially don't like the group interview. I am ok on one to one, but i am not a public speaker in front of other people and became quiet, one reason b/c i worry that english is not my first language. :(
Goodluck to your interview!!!

Is anyone scheduled for March 18th Interview? Just curious because I'll be there at 10am! (probably 9AM just to be sure =D). I'm excited but on the back of my mind, I hope that it's "not too late".

Is anyone scheduled for March 18th Interview? Just curious because I'll be there at 10am! (probably 9AM just to be sure =D). I'm excited but on the back of my mind, I hope that it's "not too late".

hEY Ithink I ll be in the last slot of interview at Temple
I am invited on Mid Feb, But When I called Most of early march dates were fillled already,

Good Luck ericn2k, & please share your experience after interview

Hi, sk8erboi. Looks like you are having an interview soon? Do you know when you are going? I just got an invitation yesterday and I havn't called them back yet. I am so nervous about the interview just like you, and I especially don't like the group interview. I am ok on one to one, but i am not a public speaker in front of other people and became quiet, one reason b/c i worry that english is not my first language. :(

Dont worry Owenlwm,
Not every body is public speaker, Me neither, Just hope for the best

by the way when u scheduled for interview

Is that all to the interview? Maybe you didn't finish your pre-reqs so they don't give you decision? I have ton of pre-reqs but more concerned about borrowing money for school.

I interviewed at Temple 3 weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm wondering that anybody interviewed at Temple and waitlisted?

Yes, I do have mine soon, and its gonna be my first.
Good luck owenlwm!
Let's relax.:oops:

Congrats to everyone that got accepted. I also applied to Temple and have yet to receive an interview. Not to be offensive, but from what I have read from those recently accepted they got in with some low stats and I, with higher stats (79 PCAT, 3.11 GPA, 3.4 sGPA), has yet to receive any offer for an interview from this school. I have plenty of extracurricular and much work experience and all my required courses are done already so I am wondering how it is that a person with a 55 PCAT with 4 more prerequisites to take can get an interview and get accepted. Not to take anything away from "justify" but it just seems unusual that such low stats can get you an interview. But in current events I called the school and the are still reviewing my application and about 50 or so seats are already taken.

How many seats are there each year? At work, today I heard during a conversation from someone who got into temple and she said 150. Can anyone else confirm. If last poster says only 50 or so seats have been filled then It's great news for us interviewing this late in the game!

Yeah, I agree with you since that's what I said too... But Pharmacy isn't medical school so until they start making the PCAT an 8 hour exam with an average of 3.5 GPA, then you're going to get people with sub-par grades getting in... There's like no rhyme or reason and with almost 4,000 applications, it's amazing isn't it?

Congrats to everyone that got accepted. I also applied to Temple and have yet to receive an interview. Not to be offensive, but from what I have read from those recently accepted they got in with some low stats and I, with higher stats (79 PCAT, 3.11 GPA, 3.4 sGPA), has yet to receive any offer for an interview from this school. I have plenty of extracurricular and much work experience and all my required courses are done already so I am wondering how it is that a person with a 55 PCAT with 4 more prerequisites to take can get an interview and get accepted. Not to take anything away from "justify" but it just seems unusual that such low stats can get you an interview. But in current events I called the school and the are still reviewing my application and about 50 or so seats are already taken.

It's so late in the game, who can believe what they say about the number of seats... If you got good marks, you should get an interview soon. I think that last ones are in early April then its next year re-app.

How many seats are there each year? At work, today I heard during a conversation from someone who got into temple and she said 150. Can anyone else confirm. If last poster says only 50 or so seats have been filled then It's great news for us interviewing this late in the game!

Believe me about the number of seats available. I actually called about 2 days ago and the woman on the phone actually told me there was a class of about 140 to 150 and there were about 50 or so seats taken as of then. There is always a chance that she could be wrong but I assume that because she works there... Besides even if there are people with low scores being accepted they may not do that well if there science GPAs were so low in undergrad. I have a friend that in currently in the freshman class there and he had a GPA of 3.6 and a PCAT composite of 86 when he got accepted. Believe me when I say that he is absolutely smart as s**t and he is struggling to make a 3.0 GPA there. A lot of people from what I've heard have mediocre GPAs there, and by mediocre I mean around a 2.5 give or take. The drop out rate per year in like 15 percent or so I've. Sounds pretty reasonable considering that at my sisters graduation last may there were only around 65 pharmacy students graduating from the original class of 150. For one class they did 25 out of 30 or so chapters of biochem in one semester...his FIRST semester. People may be good at there applied calc and have so-so PCAT scores but when the s**t hits the fan I'm pretty sure you will be glad at that nice connection of neurons in you brain. The PCAT isn't so hard when you study for it but graduate courses are a completely different story. I took 22 tests in 14 weeks last semester from the 3rd week of school till the end of finals in a semester filled with ALL math and science so I know I am ready.

On the bright side grades don't matter so much in the end as you graduate as long as you pass the courses. But from what I've posted previously you can see why a policy is implemented.

Has anyone recently interviewed in the past 1-2 weeks? And have you gotten a reply yet. I'm counting down the days before mine. Nervous and excited!

Well, Temple does choose late in the game as it is now, then that's something that we all can be thankful for. Whatever the case, I hope that we all get in! :)

Believe me about the number of seats available. I actually called about 2 days ago and the woman on the phone actually told me there was a class of about 140 to 150 and there were about 50 or so seats taken as of then. There is always a chance that she could be wrong but I assume that because she works there... Besides even if there are people with low scores being accepted they may not do that well if there science GPAs were so low in undergrad. I have a friend that in currently in the freshman class there and he had a GPA of 3.6 and a PCAT composite of 86 when he got accepted. Believe me when I say that he is absolutely smart as s**t and he is struggling to make a 3.0 GPA there. A lot of people from what I've heard have mediocre GPAs there, and by mediocre I mean around a 2.5 give or take. The drop out rate per year in like 15 percent or so I've. Sounds pretty reasonable considering that at my sisters graduation last may there were only around 65 pharmacy students graduating from the original class of 150. For one class they did 25 out of 30 or so chapters of biochem in one semester...his FIRST semester. People may be good at there applied calc and have so-so PCAT scores but when the s**t hits the fan I'm pretty sure you will be glad at that nice connection of neurons in you brain. The PCAT isn't so hard when you study for it but graduate courses are a completely different story. I took 22 tests in 14 weeks last semester from the 3rd week of school till the end of finals in a semester filled with ALL math and science so I know I am ready.

I don't know about the 65 people graduating... According to my friend the senior class (graduating class) is more than a 100 students still, and you can't really fail the rotations!

I agree that there are more than 100 students graduating as I know a graduating senior there. No way there is 65.

I don't know about the 65 people graduating... According to my friend the senior class (graduating class) is more than a 100 students still, and you can't really fail the rotations!

Dont worry Owenlwm,
Not every body is public speaker, Me neither, Just hope for the best

by the way when u scheduled for interview

I guess i am in the last slot for the interview run. It is March 31th at 1pm. When is yours? Good luck if you haven't already interviewed!

i got accepted!!!!:D:D:D but i dont know which to chose temple or jeffeson!!:(

WOW CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am just suprised that Jefferson accepted you, didn't they want a PCAT score of 75 or higher? I was going to apply there but just because of that I didn't. Anyways CONGRATULATIONS again!!! I hope you make the right decision of where to go!

Don't mean to be nosy "think" but what are your stats? I also applied to Jefferson and am waiting on Temple.

Hi, Think
Congratulation!!
You got accepted from both two school that you had interviewed.
Im' jealous of you! (Just kidding ;))

Did you get the acceptance email today?
Are they still processing the decision?
I feel like I'm dying waiting the news from the school.

Anyway, let us know when you decide which school you will attend. :)

OMG! I got accepted to Temple!! Just got the e-mail!! So excited!! Anyone know where to find good apartment around that area? And how much is the housing there? Thanks!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

pharmdream-- i am surprised both of these schools accepted me....i was actually folowing the thread from last year temple and i thought i stood no chance at all..since ppl with higher stats than me were rejected..anyways i dont know for some reason i see a change in the way temple is acceptting many studnets who have lower stats..i dont know i just have this fisshy feeling(like many ppl in this board have said)

i had a great interview for jefferson..so maybe that y i was accepted. \

waryman--my stats are listed in my sign
makeawish- i got the email yesterday or the day before yesterday and i interviewed like 3weeks ago
pharm- i dont have a degree interview was like 3 weeks ago

and what wud u guys chose? temple or jefferson...im getting a lot of mix feedback...ppl from philly tell me to go to jefferson and ppl from other placces tell me to go to temple
dont know what to do ?? the deposit date for jefferson is coming very very very soonnn.....help!!!!!!!!

To those that have already interviewed at Temple:

What have you brought or should have brought with you to the interview? Or what do you see other interviewee have with them that you didn't. I will bring the basic pen/notebook; however, I might be neglecting something else. Thanks

To those that have already interviewed at Temple:

What have you brought or should have brought with you to the interview? Or what do you see other interviewee have with them that you didn't. I will bring the basic pen/notebook; however, I might be neglecting something else. Thanks

You don't need anything at the interview. Its a short walking tour (but in one building) and then a group interview. I was with all girls in my group, so we all brought our purses to the interview room with us, but no one got anything out at any point (and there was really no reason to have). Just make sure you are dressed properly, I would say. But as for things to have with you, you don't need anything for the Temple interview.

Congratulations you guys who was accepted. I got the e-mail yesterday from Temple and they placed me in waiting list :(. Does anybody know that whether I will automatically get in next year if there is no place for me this year or I have to apply again from the beginning? Thanks!

Congratulations you guys who was accepted. I got the e-mail yesterday from Temple and they placed me in waiting list :(. Does anybody know that whether I will automatically get in next year if there is no place for me this year or I have to apply again from the beginning? Thanks!

You know what?
I wish I could even get a wait listing mail.

Waiting is horrible.:(

Hey guys!

I've been following the forum for some time now. And I'm excited to say I've also been accepted to Temple! I applied to 7 schools. Got denied by 1, interviews at 3, still nothing from 3. But I went to Temple's interview first, got accepted soon later, and since I like the city and the school so much I decided to stop the application process and go to Temple! So here I am class of 2012.

Just for peeps curious about people's stats and comparing their chances:

3.40 cum. GPA
3.24 science GPA
PCAT composite 92
B.S. Psychobiology
no pharmacy exp., but hospital and community volunteer and other E.C.'s

Temple, submitted Jan 08, interviewed 2/22/08, accepted 2/27/08
Midwestern Glendale, interview scheduled 3/14/08, but cancelled
Colorado, interview scheduled 3/10/08, but cancelled

Oh, people looking for roommates would you keep in touch with me? I would love a roommate.

And Congrats to everyone else who got accepted!!! Good luck to others!