Temple School Of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you took Gen Phys I &II before FAll 2006, it 's ok. But after FAll 2006, it has to be calculus based Phys.

NO not true... I received acceptance this year, and I have my prerequisite sheet saying that I don't need to retake it. If you call them they will tell you that College Physics is ok...

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know the list of dates? The lady on the phone told me that the dates is on the actual letter, which was mailed out two days ago. I haven't received it yet.

No, I don't know the interview dates... I haven't received the letter either, only the email...

Same here, I got interview offer via email yesterday. I still didn't call the office, yet. I got admissions from Howard and Jefferson already and I live in DC so I don't know where is best area to live... But I will call for interview sometime soon... I went there last year for interview but no luck and I don't like group interview at all. I will see this time...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview offer yesterday, too. I am going there on 2/22. When I called yesterday, she gave me choice of 2/8, 2/22, and 2/29 (there might be more open dates, but I asked for a Friday interview). Does anyone know a good hotel to stay at? Maybe one with a airport shuttle? Thanks!!

I got an interview offer yesterday, too. I am going there on 2/22. When I called yesterday, she gave me choice of 2/8, 2/22, and 2/29 (there might be more open dates, but I asked for a Friday interview). Does anyone know a good hotel to stay at? Maybe one with a airport shuttle? Thanks!!

Conglaturation!!:hardy:
I got an interview offer, too.
I also scheduled on Friday, but, mine is 2/15.
Actually, I'm wondering whether any merit exists for the person who have an interview earlier.
I hope that mine is not too late.
So excited and nervous!

Good Luck to all you guys.:thumbup:

wait, so you guys took prepharm for two years? and if you dont get into a pharmacy school after the two years, you take another year of prepharm/science? i dont understand how this works. idk if im in the right thread, but hopefully soemoen can help me.

i'm really nervous about not getting into a pharm 6 yr program, and im hoping i get into a prepharm school and work my way up having to take the pcats (blah) and apply again writing essays nad asking for good recommendation letters and so on...

So, in case you got lost in that, i just want to know how prepharm works in helping me get into a pharm school

Thanks

I just got an email for an interview as well. I have to call and schedule an appointment. I live in MD so its going to take forever to get there. I only have a 55% on pcat and a 3.28 gpa so i was even surprised when i got an interview. This will probably be my very first interview for anything. Does anyone have any advice? Im so nervous. Also do you guys think i have a chance a getting in even.

. I only have a 55% on pcat and a 3.28 gpa so i was even surprised when i got an interview.

Did you get good grades in your pre-requisites? They might have used that to rank applicants. I think all schools have different ranking formula. Some schools put much more weight on GPA over PCAT. I have similar stats and my GPA is slightly higher in pre-req area than sGPA or cGPA calculated by pharmCAS. anyway.. this is just my guess...

I just got an email for an interview as well. I have to call and schedule an appointment. I live in MD so its going to take forever to get there. I only have a 55% on pcat and a 3.28 gpa so i was even surprised when i got an interview. This will probably be my very first interview for anything. Does anyone have any advice? Im so nervous. Also do you guys think i have a chance a getting in even.

Congratulations!!! Good luck on the interview...

Does anybody know how many people will be invited to the interview and how many people will get accepted?
I read one respond on the SDN-interview thread, and he said that he disappointed what the school said about this topic on the interview.
And I'm wondering why he said like that.:confused:
Does school invite too many student or something like that?

Please give me any commnet~

Does anybody know how many people will be invited to the interview and how many people will get accepted?
I read one respond on the SDN-interview thread, and he said that he disappointed what the school said about this topic on the interview.
And I'm wondering why he said like that.:confused:
Does school invite too many student or something like that?

Please give me any commnet~

According to Pharmcas:
Number interviewed - 300+
Number accepted - 200

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolTemplepage.htm

Hey Pharmdream,

Did you go to Ohio State interview on Jan 26? I was there. If you was there, I might know who you are...

:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Pharmdream,

Did you go to Ohio State interview on Jan 26? I was there. If you was there, I might know who you are...

:D:D:D

No I was there on Jan 11th. I did get an invitation to the Jan 26th, but when I called them they told me that they had Jan 11th available and I took it, since school was not in session then...

Anyways how did your interviews go?

i got a interview invite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):D;):scared::thumbup::love::laugh::p

So - maybe you're checking SDN because you're waiting to hear back from your interview too, huh? :) I interviewed the week of December 9th. PharmCAS predicts you'll hear within 4-6 weeks of your interview, on average. Congrats to those of you who have already heard - I think the majority are still waiting. I hadn't heard anything yet so I called the admissions office. If you're in the same boat as I am, don't lose hope! Due to the winter holiday break, it's taking a little longer. Probably (don't quote me)letters should go out by the end of next week (Feb 15th), at least for the first batch of interviews in December. They usually get them out sooner but the break pushed the timelines back.

Be patient --- and make sure you sent them (PharmCAS) your updated fall 07 transcript, if necessary! ;)

what did you find the best thing about temple university, what made you want to go there?

pharmcas is notorious for wrong info. Someone (couple years ago) said that less then 24% get in from the interview. Sure hope that isnt true.
wow.... Seem to be true though... coz they interview every Mon-Fri for two months.. I feel discouraged..

wow.... Seem to be true though... coz they interview every Mon-Fri for two months.. I feel discouraged..

hey
can u guys both explain what u mean? i am confused about what u said
does it mean even if i get a interview i dont have good chances of getting in??
thats sad...i was so happy abt my interview!!:(

one of my friend got interview arleady said they invited only 300 students for interviewing this year. Did the proffesor lie to make him comfortable based on the facts? I'm so disappointed too.

one of my friend got interview arleady said they invited only 300 students for interviewing this year. Did the proffesor lie to make him comfortable based on the facts? I'm so disappointed too.

Why are you guys so discouraged??? If I can get in two two great pharmacy schools with my 64 PCAT and 3.4 GPA you can TOO!!! So don't worry relax... and wait for the good news!

Why are you guys so discouraged??? If I can get in two two great pharmacy schools with my 64 PCAT and 3.4 GPA you can TOO!!! So don't worry relax... and wait for the good news!

its not my fault ppl are saying things like that to make m e get so discouraged...at least wait untill i am done with my interview than say bad things not before it...lol

hello
anything new from temple anyone?? anyone going for interview next week??:)

hello
anything new from temple anyone?? anyone going for interview next week??:)

I interviewed there on the Feb 5th... Still hear nothing from them. Good luck for your interview.

so i got an interview offer from temple and am going there tomorrow..dont really know what to expect..we will see when we get there

can u guys- tell me what kinda stuff u were asked? or go to the feedback section and fill it out..plz
only for those who didnt write their experience

Does anyone know if they send rejection mail?

I bombed :boom:my inteview last week and am kinda waiting rejection mail....

So sad.:cry:

Does anyone know if they send rejection mail?
I bombed my inteview last week and am kinda waiting rejection mail....So sad.
Hmm... I wonder if they will put a lot of weight on the interview..
The interview was a group interview with 5 other applicants and quite brief!
I wonder how the interviewer can get to know and evaluate each applicants with that brief conversational style interview in a group...

has anyone heard back yet from Temple...those who interviewed in early December :oops: the wait is horrible

I just found out that Temple had 3600 applicants this year for about 150 spots...ouch!:(

About how long were you at Temple for during your interview? I am interviewing on Monday (Feb 25th) and am just curious how long to expect to be there for, since I am just coming in from the day via train from DC.

Thanks! :)

less than 2 hours interview for me
the actual interview was one hour and then the tour ( the showing of two rooms- the lab and the class room..lol)was for abt 40 mins
and we took longer "tour" cause we talked alot to the person who was touring us
im thinking tour is where u will have differrent time and the actual questioning will take only 1 hour...

has anyone heard back yet from Temple...those who interviewed in early December :oops: the wait is horrible
I had my interview in december and I received an acceptance letter early in January.

I'm part of that group so I called the admissions office last week. The Admissions Committee should meet this week and they hope to send out something by the end of the week (2/29). No guarantees though.

I got into Temple U! So excited, one of my top two choices. A little weird thing...I got an email instead of an envelope...The email also said provisional acceptance, I need to send a transcript and score higher than a C in a course in order to be officially accepted. The lady at the admissions told me I had all prereqs done (ALready hold a BS degree in Biochem and Molec Bio) during my visit for the interview...so dunno what that's all about...anyone receive something similar?

First of all, Conglaturations!!!!:hardy:

When was your interview date?
Please answer..

Have a good day.

I got into Temple U! So excited, one of my top two choices. A little weird thing...I got an email instead of an envelope...The email also said provisional acceptance, I need to send a transcript and score higher than a C in a course in order to be officially accepted. The lady at the admissions told me I had all prereqs done (ALready hold a BS degree in Biochem and Molec Bio) during my visit for the interview...so dunno what that's all about...anyone receive something similar?

First of all, Conglaturations!!!!:hardy:

When was your interview date?
Please answer..

Have a good day.

Hey makeawish, thanks a lot!
my interview date was feb 18. Just last monday...so I was
really surprised I heard a response this fast.

Me too! I just interviewed on Monday actually (the 25th) and received this too. My e-mail said the same thing about transcripts and I also was told I'm done with the pre-requs (I have a BS in Biochem). I think maybe this is a form letter though so it only applies to the people who received it who have not finished their course work.

Temple isn't my first choice school, but I haven't heard from my first choice yet, so we could be classmates in the fall!

Congrats on your acceptance! So exciting!

CONGRATS! wow thats pretty quick of them to respond
thats different though that they sent you an email response

quick question though, if u dont minD sharing what r ur stats
(totally understand if you mind :))
congrats again

CONGRATS! wow thats pretty quick of them to respond
thats different though that they sent you an email response

quick question though, if u dont minD sharing what r ur stats
(totally understand if you mind :))
congrats again

thanks laffytaffy!
I think my PCAT composite was 80 and sciences was ~90.
GPA is 3.55 with a degree in Biochem and Molec Bio.
No Pharmacy experience but I do have a lot of research experience (4yrs)

Me too! I just interviewed on Monday actually (the 25th) and received this too. My e-mail said the same thing about transcripts and I also was told I'm done with the pre-requs (I have a BS in Biochem). I think maybe this is a form letter though so it only applies to the people who received it who have not finished their course work.

Temple isn't my first choice school, but I haven't heard from my first choice yet, so we could be classmates in the fall!

Congrats on your acceptance! So exciting!

hey emich, congrats on getting in as well!
def let me know if you will attend temple. I am also waiting for my top choice but I think i'll send in the $500 deposit just to be on the safe side...

Congratulations to those who got accepted!!! I had the same problem, they told me at the interview that I needed only one class to be fully accepted, but when I received the acceptance letter they stated that I needed three. So I called and they fixed everything (now I only need one), so maybe they will fix it for you too... Give them a call...

Once again congratulations!!! Hopefully I'll see you in class :)

OMG, like 1 hr ago i got the same email saying im accepted!! My mouth is still open. IM SOOOO HAPPY! I still can't believe it. I know i ace'd the interview but my pcat was 55 and gpa 3.3 so i wasn't sure. The only math i have taken is applied calculus, i think i need to take calc I and II, some arts class, and a history class and some other elective and get Cs to be fully accepted. Thats going to be a huge load in the summer so i dunno what i'm going to do. Does anyone know if appllied calc can be used for calc 1?

OMG, like 1 hr ago i got the same email saying im accepted!! My mouth is still open. IM SOOOO HAPPY! I still can't believe it. I know i ace'd the interview but my pcat was 55 and gpa 3.3 so i wasn't sure. The only math i have taken is applied calculus, i think i need to take calc I and II, some arts class, and a history class and some other elective and get Cs to be fully accepted. Thats going to be a huge load in the summer so i dunno what i'm going to do. Does anyone know if appllied calc can be used for calc 1?

First, Conglaturations!
You must be happy now.:D
I'm sorry cause it's not the answer of your questions.
I wannna ask about your interview.
If you don't mind, could you tell me something about your interview?
I'm waiting for my interivew and have similar situation as you.
I should "ACE" my interview to get in.

Thanx.

First, Conglaturations!
You must be happy now.:D
I'm sorry cause it's not the answer of your questions.
I wannna ask about your interview.
If you don't mind, could you tell me something about your interview?
I'm waiting for my interivew and have similar situation as you.
I should "ACE" my interview to get in.

Thanx.
The interview was really relaxed and laid back. I was really nervous but when the interview started it didn't even feel all that serious. The questions are real easy, nothing serious. Just think q's you would expect like telling them who you are, what you like to do, why you like pharm etc. what confused me is that the interview didn't really seem to analyze you all that much and i found myself wondering how they would select you based off of that. somehow i was confident because i believe i am an excellent speaker, and i grew more confident as the people next to me just copied my answers.

i think they just want to see if you can make a good impression on them and that you aren't some wierdo. My advice, just relax and dont waste your time stressing out about the interview like i did. Thats not to say that shouldn't prepare though. The only thing that concerned me was my 3.28 gpa and 55 percentile on the pcat. but i guess i made a good impression. 1 thing i am sure about, it was the easiest interview i have ever had. But you don't necessarily have to have the same interviewer, same questions, or same type of interview. good luck, let me know if you get in, we might be classmates in the fall.

The interview was really relaxed and laid back. I was really nervous but when the interview started it didn't even feel all that serious. The questions are real easy, nothing serious. Just think q's you would expect like telling them who you are, what you like to do, why you like pharm etc. what confused me is that the interview didn't really seem to analyze you all that much and i found myself wondering how they would select you based off of that. somehow i was confident because i believe i am an excellent speaker, and i grew more confident as the people next to me just copied my answers.

i think they just want to see if you can make a good impression on them and that you aren't some wierdo. My advice, just relax and dont waste your time stressing out about the interview like i did. Thats not to say that shouldn't prepare though. The only thing that concerned me was my 3.28 gpa and 55 percentile on the pcat. but i guess i made a good impression. 1 thing i am sure about, it was the easiest interview i have ever had. But you don't necessarily have to have the same interviewer, same questions, or same type of interview. good luck, let me know if you get in, we might be classmates in the fall.

Thank you.
I appreciate your answer.
I'm so nervous cuase I am not the person like you. not a confident person:(
Anyway, congratulation again!

justifythegame, I guess you will have to take those classes. Calc I is not hard at all. Calc II is bit hard, but the hardest part is to memorize those sequences and series. But if you could get through organic II, that is easy in comparison! As far as the humanities classes, just choose the easiest ones that fulfill temple's requirements with the easiest professors.

You have a golden opportunity and a big load in the summer is definitely worth it! Just be wise in choosing your professors. Find out which ones grade easier or at least do not fail people. I once had a very hard numerical analysis teacher, but in the end, he did not want to fail people. He only gave out 2 A's, and 3 A-'s out of about 35 people (I was one of the 2 A's fortunately). BUT only 2 people got D and no F's. So the majority of the class got C's! So I recommend since you need only C's, pick the teacher that passes most of the class for Calc I and II and very easy liberal arts classes.

You will only see small sections of Calc I in pharmacy school. Without Calc I, how were you able to take the quantitative part of the PCAT? Now I see why you may be scored 55 on PCAT. You could have done VERY badly on the quantitative section without having Calc I.

But you are accepted to a very, very good pharmacy school because you sold your entire applciation very well! Congratulations!!

This is proof that you do not necessarily need 3.9 GPA and 90 PCAT to get accepted to a good pharmacy school.

:luck:
Hey PharmDream and everybody else, see you guys in September.
I got accepted, too. My interview was on Feb 21st and I just receive a letter in the mail last night and I was so excited and couldn't sleep. I can't believe it when I open the letter because my cumulative GPA 3.0, sGPA 2.7 ,PCAT 79. Sooooo, any of you that have low GPA don't get discourage, I got in so can you. I think what help me the most is that I went with my friend to her interview in December and get to know the school and admission people and make a good impression.:luck: