tech help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BIGA121781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone. i have recently been hired as a pharm tech in order to gain experience for pharmacy school. i have no prior experience, however, so i'm pretty much training on the job. there are so many things i ahve to learn and i feel like i am bugging the pharmacists a little much. for those who ahve worked as techs, are there any good books that can help me become familiarized with things like insurance, pharmacology, etc.? if you trained on the job, how long did it take you to become comfortable w/everything? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest a Certification Tech Prep Book....A good one would give you a basic knowledge about some stuff including a little pharmacology as well as other things.

On your "down time" I would also suggest reading the package inserts in the bottles. If you arent in pharmacy school or havent had a good deal of hard-core science courses, a lot of it may be foreign to you, but if you can follow it, you will learn a bunch. Really helped with my retention for med school pharm.

J