New tech at CVS please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JavariPharmD23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently became a pharmacy technician at cvs. My store is one of the businest in the district can and experienced technicians give me some pointers, tips and tricks for QP & QT or just in general?

Members don't see this ad.

Things that would help you be efficient are as follows:
1. For new expensive prescriptions always let them know how pricy is that even before pulling from waiting bin; ask them if they are aware of the high copay. Ask a senior tech to let you do Find Insurance under his or her supervision. Ask your colleagues to show you updating insurance and how to reprint leaflet.
2. Always be polite and for the rudest customers just say let me ask my manager help you regarding your concerns. Do not let the angry people put you in a trap they have designed for you. Always be super professional.
3. Ask your supervisor to provide you with a list of short cuts for fast data entry.
4. Keep track of all your TR7 training to make sure you are paid on time.

One important thing. Learn how to check if the insurance has applied deductible or not.

One important thing. Learn how to check if the insurance has applied deductible or not.

Hey could you go over how to check a patient deductible? I been working at cvs as a tech for over 2 years and still don't know how to do that. none of us in my pharmacy knows how except for the lead tech and unfortunately she's not really the one who's willing to help..
thank you!