TCD 5 year program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alisun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I was accepted to TCD's 5 year program and was wondering if I could get some information from a students point of view. I am from the US, I am 23, and have a bachelors in biology. If there's any Americans in the TCD program please comment and let me know what your experience has been. Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm so jealous, could you tell me what your stats where, I'm really hoping to hear from TCD :S

Hi! I'm almost finished with my first year, here at Trinity (finals start in a week and a half!). I've really enjoyed my year here at TCD (after coming for California, with a bachelor's in biochem). Administration isn't the best organized and sometimes slow at getting things done, but that's pretty typical of Ireland in general. Everyone in the class is really friendly and there isn't too much of a competitive atmosphere-we share notes and tips with each other all the time .There's a fairly large group from North America each year, about 20 from Canada and 5 from the US in my year. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I'm almost finished with my first year, here at Trinity (finals start in a week and a half!). I've really enjoyed my year here at TCD (after coming for California, with a bachelor's in biochem). Administration isn't the best organized and sometimes slow at getting things done, but that's pretty typical of Ireland in general. Everyone in the class is really friendly and there isn't too much of a competitive atmosphere-we share notes and tips with each other all the time .There's a fairly large group from North America each year, about 20 from Canada and 5 from the US in my year. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

Hi I sent you a personal message! Thanks!

Hey Everyone! I got an offer of acceptance for the Trinity College Dublin medical School Class last Wednesday night. I jut want to say how important perseverance is when applying t medical school. I have applied in my home province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, for four years to no avail. Each time I would apply, get an interview and then wait three to six months with unfortunate news. However, medical School was my dream so I just stuck with applying and I finally got in to TCD, which is an amazing world class school. I am very excited to learn more about the school and very excited to get to meet all of you great people who also got accepted for Medicine.

I would love to connect with anyone else who is going to be starting classes in September so if anyone knows if a Facebook group has been made then I would love to hear.

Here is a little bit of background about me:

I am from Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. I completed my Bachelor of Science Honours in Biochemistry/Behavioural Neuroscience at Memorial University along with my Masters in Public Health. I'm 25, recently engaged and me and my fiancée are both very excited about this amazing opportunity!

Hey Everyone! I got an offer of acceptance for the Trinity College Dublin medical School Class last Wednesday night. I jut want to say how important perseverance is when applying t medical school. I have applied in my home province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, for four years to no avail. Each time I would apply, get an interview and then wait three to six months with unfortunate news. However, medical School was my dream so I just stuck with applying and I finally got in to TCD, which is an amazing world class school. I am very excited to learn more about the school and very excited to get to meet all of you great people who also got accepted for Medicine.

I would love to connect with anyone else who is going to be starting classes in September so if anyone knows if a Facebook group has been made then I would love to hear.

Here is a little bit of background about me:

I am from Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. I completed my Bachelor of Science Honours in Biochemistry/Behavioural Neuroscience at Memorial University along with my Masters in Public Health. I'm 25, recently engaged and me and my fiancée are both very excited about this amazing opportunity!

Hey congrats!!!!! I've created a page on fb it's called TCD Medicine class of 2019!

I looked for the class of 2019 but I couldn't find any results. Is the group under 2018?

hey guys, i'm Nigerian and applying to the 5 yr programs at TCD and NUIG....dyu knw of any Nigerians or Africans in those schools and what stats they had on applying.

Hello all,

I'm a first year medical sciences student at Western University (Ontario), and I applied to the 5 year program at TCD, UCD, UCC, and NUIG last fall. Last week (on april 2nd) I received an offer of admission from Galway. I was wondering whether I should expect possibly another offer, as Galway is only giving me 3 weeks to send my acceptance form and the 4000 euro deposit. I obviously do not want to risk not accepting this offer, only to not get an offer from the other schools, but I would like your honest opinions in terms of my chances of getting another offer. My grade 12 average was 90% and my overall high school average was 92% and I finished my first semester at Western with an 84%. I believe both my reference letters were very strong (one from my chemistry teacher with a PhD, and the other from my English teacher who knew me very well). I have spoken to my parents, and they are more than willing to "sacrifice" the deposit to Galway in the event that I get in elsewhere (trinity, ucd or Cork). Thanks in advance!