Take Medicine Back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
She’s not alone. “Blaxit” is on the rise. I’d love to know if she did it and how it’s going.

So she wanted to move out of America because of Racism as many other Blacks are doing and the educated peoples’ response here is “she’s playing the victim card and thinks the world is out to get her”. In other words, she’s making things up, she’s not experiencing racism.

And you guys are supposed to be the educated ones? The enlightened ones?

How interesting. Carry on.

Members don't see this ad.

She’s not alone. “Blaxit” is on the rise. I’d love to know if she did it and how it’s going.

Yeah, for all her mental pathology, she seemed sincere about it and I'd like to hear how it went.

It was hard to know how serious she was about it though. For a while she talked about her plans to go to Italy and practice there, but even the most superficial questions revealed she had Absolutely No Idea what a US-trained physician needs to do to practice there.

And I would know because I live there? Because I remind you of this person? Well it may be nicer than this cold weather. I am sick of winter already. Where in Africa did she go?

I'm still not convinced you're not her :) but yes, you sound very very much like her.

So she wanted to move out of America because of Racism as many other Blacks are doing and the educated peoples’ response here is “she’s playing the victim card and thinks the world is out to get her”. In other words, she’s making things up, she’s not experiencing racism.

Are you sure you're not her? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Now I'm having flashbacks

Members don't see this ad :)

If you're going to try to evade bans, why would you be so blatant and shameless about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Awww…. I did always enjoy her fireyness.

As I get a little older and having a young minority girl growing up in the US. It’s not a cakewalk.

Reactions: 1 user
What kinds of flashbacks?
If it is you, credit where credit is due: you saw the cracks in the facade of the old partnership, pyramid scheme system much sooner than most and I assume have been able to capitalize on it in the locums market. Being disagreeable is likely an asset in this market.

If it is you, credit where credit is due: you saw the cracks in the facade of the old partnership, pyramid scheme system much sooner than most and I assume have been able to capitalize on it in the locums market. Being disagreeable is likely an asset in this market.
I guess locums is a good place to hide when you're coo coo for coco puffs

Last edited:
  • Haha
Yeah, for all her mental pathology, she seemed sincere about it and I'd like to hear how it went.

It was hard to know how serious she was about it though. For a while she talked about her plans to go to Italy and practice there, but even the most superficial questions revealed she had Absolutely No Idea what a US-trained physician needs to do to practice there.

I'm still not convinced you're not her :) but yes, you sound very very much like her.

Are you sure you're not her? ;)
I came here in peace to promote a cause. But the reputation of this place as a bunch of disgruntled people who are constantly trying to one up each other and even worse than even Reddit sure seems to hold its weight.
Carry on.

We can take medicine back all we want, but I have a hard time believing that in todays environment with NSA, payors playing dirty and cutting contracts, and the insane amount of red tape groups have to go through that we'll ever see anything but the massive groups and hospital systems taking over employment.
Unless we can unionize

Reactions: 2 users
I came here in peace to promote a cause. But the reputation of this place as a bunch of disgruntled people who are constantly trying to one up each other and even worse than even Reddit sure seems to hold its weight.
Carry on.

:)

Welcome, then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes.

Do you know if she made it abroad, or is still planning to go?

For all of my dislike of her, I do wish her the best and am curious how it turned out.
I actually liked her commentary till she went off the rails. I'd be curious how it turned out too.

She’s doing great. She’s mostly private and will be mad for saying anything but 🤷‍♀️ I will tell yall one thing about her. She is working to save up money to start her own free hospital in Africa. Lots of people talk about making a difference and giving back… she really lives it. She doesn’t drive a Mercedes or fly first class - we are so different I’m sometimes I’m amazed she’s my friend - but I love her because she has a good heart and integrity - and that is very hard to come by these days. We met on the interview trail for residency more years ago than I care to admit and kept in touch since.
For those of you whose feathers she ruffled - tone is often misconstrued in the written form and since it’s anonymous this is often a safe place to vent. Life as a doctor is often very hard…. Being an African American woman doctor - well I can only imagine. The amount she has had to overcome in her life is nothing like I could ever know. She’s a better person than I am.

Reactions: 10 users
She’s doing great. She’s mostly private and will be mad for saying anything but 🤷‍♀️ I will tell yall one thing about her. She is working to save up money to start her own free hospital in Africa. Lots of people talk about making a difference and giving back… she really lives it. She doesn’t drive a Mercedes or fly first class - we are so different I’m sometimes I’m amazed she’s my friend - but I love her because she has a good heart and integrity - and that is very hard to come by these days. We met on the interview trail for residency more years ago than I care to admit and kept in touch since.
For those of you whose feathers she ruffled - tone is often misconstrued in the written form and since it’s anonymous this is often a safe place to vent. Life as a doctor is often very hard…. Being an African American woman doctor - well I can only imagine. The amount she has had to overcome in her life is nothing like I could ever know. She’s a better person than I am.
Thanks.

She went to NYC to do some ICU work early in the pandemic too, and later she kind of tried to modestly brush it off as just makin' money, but it was obvious she has a wide streak of altruism in her.

I suspect she's very different in person vs online. For my part I tried hard to be civil and always give her the benefit of the doubt, but my armchair internet psychiatrist opinion is that she's got issues beyond simply being an African American woman doctor. So many times I tried to genuinely engage her and got attacked with bizarrely unhinged rants about white people and men. I'm over it and have no real desire to try again. Again, wish her the best. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: 10 users
Thanks.

She went to NYC to do some ICU work early in the pandemic too, and later she kind of tried to modestly brush it off as just makin' money, but it was obvious she has a wide streak of altruism in her.

I suspect she's very different in person vs online. For my part I tried hard to be civil and always give her the benefit of the doubt, but my armchair internet psychiatrist opinion is that she's got issues beyond simply being an African American woman doctor. So many times I tried to genuinely engage her and got attacked with bizarrely unhinged rants about white people and men. I'm over it and have no real desire to try again. Again, wish her the best. Thanks for the update.
For clarification, I don't think she's African American. I believe she's African, and more than once distinguished herself as NOT being African American. (I could be mis-remembering)

But I agree. I enjoyed a lot of her I put, but she got worked up too much about every perceived slight or mis-read comment and couldn't ever let it go.

For clarification, I don't think she's African American. I believe she's African, and more than once distinguished herself as NOT being African American. (I could be mis-remembering)

But I agree. I enjoyed a lot of her I put, but she got worked up too much about every perceived slight or mis-read comment and couldn't ever let it go.
I believe I recall that she was a first or second generation immigrant from Western Africa. Had a reputation for being easily angered. Based on stories told on this forum by her, her on line persona was similar to her persona at her places of employment.

I believe I recall that she was a first or second generation immigrant from Western Africa. Had a reputation for being easily angered. Based on stories told on this forum by her, her on line persona was similar to her persona at her places of employment.
What bothered me about her was if we disagreed on topics or viewpoints it automatically made me a racist or a sexist. That's a difficult way to go through life thinking that people who simply disagree with you are doing so based on race/sex. I certainly can understand that people across the spectrum may not have treated her fairly or viewed her as "less qualified" because of race/gender but she seemed to have a great deal of resentment about this nation and the majority who live here. On SDN she simply didn't give people the benefit of the doubt but that could be because very few did the same for her. I wish her well wherever she ends up.

Reactions: 3 users
In a small world coincidence, choco and I had crossed paths indirectly. I thought she was cool, actually. I was disappointed that she got removed, because I found a country abroad with great opportunities for American trained anesthesiologists. I thought she might appreciate the tip.

In a small world coincidence, choco and I had crossed paths indirectly. I thought she was cool, actually. I was disappointed that she got removed, because I found a country abroad with great opportunities for American trained anesthesiologists. I thought she might appreciate the tip.
rich oil countries?

I don’t know if Makemoney is Choco, but they can certainly hijack a thread (even THEIR OWN thread) as fast or faster than Choco ever could (and make it ALL about themself, as well).

In the spirit of “taking medicine back”, I’ll try and “take this thread back”, and ask just WHO we have to take it from??

I’m seeing PE, hospitals, insurance companies, the Government, nursing—-ALL trying to get a piece. Everybody wants to be a “Doctor”, but nobody seems to want to go to medical school….

Reactions: 5 users
Surprised you guys speaking so fondly of her. Everytime I read one of her posts some of my brain cells died. My dad came to this country with a few dollars in his pocket and was briefly homeless and even he didn’t complain as much as her.

I don’t know if Makemoney is Choco, but they can certainly hijack a thread (even THEIR OWN thread) as fast or faster than Choco ever could (and make it ALL about themself, as well).

In the spirit of “taking medicine back”, I’ll try and “take this thread back”, and ask just WHO we have to take it from??

I’m seeing PE, hospitals, insurance companies, the Government, nursing—-ALL trying to get a piece. Everybody wants to be a “Doctor”, but nobody seems to want to go to medical school….
From PE, from Corporations, insurance companies. From non-medically trained entities telling us how to practice medicine. And these non medical people are bringing in unqualified midlevels to try to act like they are us and provide the same knowledge base and service. We all know that’s not true

I am confused at how someone hijacks their own thread though. I mean it’s my topic, so way to make it about me but OK. Carry on.

Surprised you guys speaking so fondly of her. Everytime I read one of her posts some of my brain cells died. My dad came to this country with a few dollars in his pocket and was briefly homeless and even he didn’t complain as much as her.
Absence can make the heart grow fonder and we may forget how terrible she really was. But, she’s not here to defend herself, so there’s no sense in piling on. As many have pointed out, I’m sure she had some very altruistic qualities that she hid from us, so as not to appear braggadocios.

Was she blocked or removed? I didn’t know that. I thinks she’s rejoined and lurks now.
She was banned. Multiple complaints. Multiple warnings. Multiple final chances.

I didn’t mind having her around here but sometimes the writing is on the wall (militarymd, JPP etc).

Consigliere was the true OG

I remember he got banned after going on another specialty’s forum and calling someone a soy boy lmaoo

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

A lot of people want to go.

A lot of people want to go.

Oh, I agree, there’s plenty of people who “want to go”, but there’s also lots of people who DON’T want to go (“pay the dues”) or CAN’T go, but STILL want to “play Doctor” (or, at a minimum, tell the Doctors how to practice medicine…).

78864B0A-E5B8-4F43-B0D4-F29E06A63DA8.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
Consigliere was legendary. JPP too.
Consigliere made me laugh. I do miss having him around. I especially miss not being able to rub in how hard the Eagles **** the bed this last season.

JPP contributed some interesting things and was arguably one of the founding figures of this forum a couple decades ago. He was also an obnoxious narcissist and bully who trolled other specialty subforums. SDN gets a lot of flak for being a toxic place. Jet was toxic. I don't miss him.

I miss militarymd.

So it goes. Internet. Serious business.