Swan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
believe me...i would in a second...its the fiance I have to convince...she wants to give everyone kodak disposable cameras instead and have them developed at Rite-Aid

divorce her already!

Members don't see this ad :)
believe me...i would in a second...its the fiance I have to convince...she wants to give everyone kodak disposable cameras instead and have them developed at Rite-Aid

Oh gosh!! Tell her no...I know this guy called Epic...he takes pretty good pics, and he'd fill in. Anything's better than the disposable wedding cameras.

Oh gosh!! Tell her no...I know this guy called Epic...he takes pretty good pics, and he'd fill in. Anything's better than the disposable wedding cameras.

I don't do weddings... I don't have enough lenses nor a FF camera.
And I can't sit there and PS 100's pictures... it takes good 10 min per picture. That's 1000 minutes...holy cow.

I'm a beginner with some toys..

1200mmrj2.jpg

WTF is that for? Taking pictures of the people across town taking showers?

I'll take 5.

Members don't see this ad :)
WTF is that for? Taking pictures of the people across town taking showers?

I'll take 5.

Man..I really don't know where you would use this lens. It's a $100,000 lens.. certainly not going to carry it around taking snap shots..

My goodness.... 22 years ago during senior year in HS... I quit the band sold my Gibson Les Paul Custom for almight $400... Why? Cuz I was going off to college and the days of rocking was over..

Fast forward 22 years... I have a electric guitar coming my way.. I'm going to be rocking with 8 to 13 year old kids... :smuggrin: But my goal in life is to be a lounge pianist...or be a part of a dueling piano band at a piano bar.. playing the guitar of course..:thumbup:

c1plusvsbwm5.jpg

My goodness.... 22 years ago during senior year in HS... I quit the band sold my Gibson Les Paul Custom for almight $400... Why? Cuz I was going off to college and the days of rocking was over..

Fast forward 22 years... I have a electric guitar coming my way.. I'm going to be rocking with 8 to 13 year old kids... :smuggrin: But my goal in life is to be a lounge pianist...or be a part of a dueling piano band at a piano bar.. playing the guitar of course..:thumbup:

So you must be the coold dad everyone wishes they had. And I bet your daughter rolls her eyes and thinks you're nuts.

So you must be the coold dad everyone wishes they had. And I bet your daughter rolls her eyes and thinks you're nuts.

I don't know about all that cood dad thing.. but I get the "rolling" of the eye from people all the time...

I just switched over to working nights. There's absolutely nothing good on tv at this hour. :mad: And everyone else is going to sleep. I think I may get another job just to keep myself from going nuts.

ahhh....working nights... drug rep by day...working girl by night!!!!

:smuggrin:

So have you decided??

My buddy is about to spend $3,500 for 3 lenses and studio light set... He's gone nutz.

What took me 2 years to collect...he's trying to do it NOW!!

So have you decided??

My buddy is about to spend $3,500 for 3 lenses and studio light set... He's gone nutz.

What took me 2 years to collect...he's trying to do it NOW!!

Heh...sounds like he's having fun! Be sure not to take him into B&H. :p

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with the 5D. I'll probably get it this summer though. Unless I can't wait when the cherry blossoms come out in the spring.

Speaking of toys though...think I'm going car scoping this weekend. 'Stang + snow wasn't too much fun this week.

Heh...sounds like he's having fun! Be sure not to take him into B&H. :p

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with the 5D. I'll probably get it this summer though. Unless I can't wait when the cherry blossoms come out in the spring.

Speaking of toys though...think I'm going car scoping this weekend. 'Stang + snow wasn't too much fun this week.

Snow = Subie

That's what I would do.. then have a toy car in the garage for sunny weekends. That's why Epic still has a 7 year old minivan. You need a car that will take you from A to B and back to A and do it practically, safely. And reliably.

disclaimer: Minivan is Mrs. Epic's.

c1plusvsbwm5.jpg

Hey Epic...

You should've tried out for American Idol! :smuggrin: I hadn't seen the show for ages, but decided to watch some of it tonight...the guys were awful!! And apparently they can play the guitar on the show now. Only decent guy was the dude at the end who could sing Bohemian Rhap.

Just think...you coulda been living the dream :p

Bohemian Rhapsody isn't too hard to sing...

Tho I've been known to hog the mic in Karaoke... I'm completely out of league compared to idol singers...

Bohemian Rhapsody isn't too hard to sing...

Tho I've been known to hog the mic in Karaoke... I'm completely out of league compared to idol singers...

You're out of their league or they're out of yours? ;)

Actually...I like his audition even better than Bohemian Rhapsody...Great accent too.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq0WqfZU-c8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

You're out of their league or they're out of yours? ;)

Actually...I like his audition even better than Bohemian Rhapsody...Great accent too.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq0WqfZU-c8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

ehhh.... he missed 2 notes.... 1 note was flat and the other note he didn't even attempt to hit... He's cute tho..

Beautiful photos Spiriva, thank you for sharing! :)

Have you participated in (or plan to participate in) any of the official Cherry Blossom Festival events, like the photo safari or river tour?

Beautiful photos Spiriva, thank you for sharing! :)

Have you participated in (or plan to participate in) any of the official Cherry Blossom Festival events, like the photo safari or river tour?

:)

I'm not sure! I looked into a few of those, but it didn't look like I'd be able to with work this week. I didn't see much of the festival this weekend either, since I wanted to beat the crowds (I heard it gets pretty insane?)...so I just drove in for sunrise both days.

It was absolutely breathtaking...and I've never seen so many hard-core photographers out together at once! So many hassy's/mark III's...crazy. And I come waltzing through with a 28 yo Nikon and point-and-shoot. :oops: Hah...but a bunch of guys walked up and wanted to talk about the Nikon. Of course I said shoo...I'll talk to you when the lighting isn't good anymore. ;)

Have you ever been to DC for the blossoms?

..since I wanted to beat the crowds (I heard it gets pretty insane?)...so I just drove in for sunrise both days. So many hassy's/mark III's...crazy. And I come waltzing through with a 28 yo Nikon and point-and-shoot. :oops:

Have you ever been to DC for the blossoms?

You sure beat the crowds alright - great timing! I was wondering where all the people were. If you hadn't mentioned it, I would never have guessed you took those photos w/ a 28 yo Nikon! Amazing ... I especially like that close-up shot with all the emerging buds. :)

No, I haven't been to DC; if I ever do, I'd definitely go during the blossom season! :thumbup:

You sure beat the crowds alright - great timing! I was wondering where all the people were. If you hadn't mentioned it, I would never have guessed you took those photos w/ a 28 yo Nikon! Amazing ... I especially like that close-up shot with all the emerging buds. :)

No, I haven't been to DC; if I ever do, I'd definitely go during the blossom season! :thumbup:

Oooh...those are from my digital point-and-shoot. :D I have to find somewhere I can develop the film; hopefully I'll get some good ones from that camera!

In all seriousness, it was cool to talk to the old guys about the FE though. A lot of them said they started off with similar ones and it's how they got into photography. They all had great stories about where they'd been around the world to take pics.

This was my first time seeing the blossoms though...definitely something everyone has to see at least once ;)