Swan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, we had a little concert at our house...kids played piano, violin, cello..and my daughter played guitar..duet with me. Now I have a request from other kids to duet with them..and may require electric guitar.. they all want to learn the Canon in D in electric guitar. Of course I'll have to learn it too.. other moms also want me to give the kids guitar lesson...cuz it's really hard to get into a guitar class around here..

Haha! That's too cute. Did you teach your daughter?

How's the Recuerdos/Tremolo coming btw?

Members don't see this ad.

Haha! That's too cute. Did you teach your daughter?

How's the Recuerdos/Tremolo coming btw?

I got about 90% learned. Tremolo is still giving me trouble but getting better.

Members don't see this ad :)
so what did spiriva end up wasting her money on?

She's torn between 5D and 40D. She's trying to justify 40D by saying she likes the larger LCD..

Members don't see this ad :)
you got to be kidding me...how bout learning to walk before you run? jesus....why not buy all white lenses while she's at it

Well you know.. not all L lenses are white....
And FF vs 1.6X won't affect her learning to take pictures.

btw, I just learned to effectively use my external flash last night.. I had it for a year.

you know what they say about guys with big lenses...

AstroScopeNikon.jpg

hell...why not get a 1Ds Mk III if she is so concerned about quality?

hmmm...I would opt for Digital Back Hassy. Only $25,000+

I love my external flash...its makes a huge difference in my pictures...

If you like lights, you need to come try my studio... 3 monolight strobes, 1 soft box and 2 umbrellas. Going to add one more strobe with a long softbox.

How long it take you to transition to a DSLR?
10 seconds...litterally

a lot of it is because Nikon's, like Canon's, are pretty much the same when it comes to function and control. The big difference between the cheap SLR's and the expensive ones are what's inside the camera case. And even then, it doesn't really make a difference. It's all about the user behind the camera.

10 seconds...litterally

a lot of it is because Nikon's, like Canon's, are pretty much the same when it comes to function and control. The big difference between the cheap SLR's and the expensive ones are what's inside the camera case. And even then, it doesn't really make a difference. It's all about the user behind the camera.

Exactly. In that case...I've been walking for a while now.

I still like the D3 over the 5D

Heck you don't have a choice but to like Nikon.. you already started the Nikkor collection.

But 5D is going to hit $1,500 mark soon!!!!!

10 seconds...litterally

I've been shooting since 1978 when my great uncle gave me a bag full of old photography stuff... including an old non SLR Konica. Then I started to borrow my dad's ole Canon FTb with 50mm 1.4..

User behind the camera does determine the quality of the picture. But lens makes a huge difference. Then photoshop takes it to another level.

sad but true

I really think you need 3 lenses.. UWA, Prime Range, and Telephoto Zoom.. then throw in a teleconverter. I don't need 10 lenses...

I really think you need 3 lenses.. UWA, Prime Range, and Telephoto Zoom.. then throw in a teleconverter. I don't need 10 lenses...
I got all three...I just need a macro/fisheye now and I will be happy...until I have what I want then I will find something else I want

I got all three...I just need a macro/fisheye now and I will be happy...until I have what I want then I will find something else I want

what the heck you gonna do with a fisheye? Can you get the true fisheye effect with 1.6X?

I would sell an organ to hire aaron.... I can't say I've seen wedding pictures done like that..
believe me...i would in a second...its the fiance I have to convince...she wants to give everyone kodak disposable cameras instead and have them developed at Rite-Aid