Swan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
img8766gf1.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know... you don't have to go full frame...

You could do the 30D or 40D and benefit from the 1.6X factor.. So your 100-400mm will become 160-640mm.. then attach a 2.0X teleconverter and you got a 1280mm lens. Sufficient for African safari..

You know... you don't have to go full frame...

You could do the 30D or 40D and benefit from the 1.6X factor.. So your 100-400mm will become 160-640mm.. then attach a 2.0X teleconverter and you got a 1280mm lens. Sufficient for African safari..

Sounds like a good plan...

You mean you don't think I should get too close to the lions and giraffes? African safari sounds pretty sweet though...I may have to look into that. :smuggrin:

Where'd you go swan watching? They honk at you? Or are those geese...

You need to get me a camera. I'll take pictures of **** that's actually interesting. Like the couches that were on fire last week. That's art, dammit.

Sounds like a good plan...

You mean you don't think I should get too close to the lions and giraffes? African safari sounds pretty sweet though...I may have to look into that. :smuggrin:

Where'd you go swan watching? They honk at you? Or are those geese...

neighborhood pond.. first picture is a swan.. used to be a pair.. not sure where the other one went to..

Members don't see this ad :)
neighborhood pond.. first picture is a swan.. used to be a pair.. not sure where the other one went to..

Maybe she's nesting. That's what happened to the ones on my lake...one disappeared for a while. They honk reallllllly loud until someone comes out to feed them. And now there are 5. :mad:

dsc02495cv6.jpg

Hey WVU...do you look at these and think dinner? :p

Maybe she's nesting. That's what happened to the ones on my lake...one disappeared for a while. They honk reallllllly loud until someone comes out to feed them. And now there are 5. :mad:

dsc02495cv6.jpg

Hey WVU...do you look at these and think dinner? :p

Those are geese.

My first picture is a Swan...

Or maybe some mean old guy ran it over with his John Deere...

I will gladly run over ducks and geese regardless of the "duck freaking crossing" signs our HOA put up. Humans first on the road... birds should be flying..not walking across the road. If I was a bird, I would be flying everywhere... not waddling across a busy 40mph street.

But I won't run over a swan... it's a beautiful bird...and kinda rare around here. Ducks and Geese are unwelcomed guests .... they crap in my pool...and crap all over the golf course.. they should be migrating back and forth to Mexico and Canada.. not hanging around neighborhood ponds in Texas.

You should see the hysteria when the eggs hatch and ducklings are all over the place. Ok..they're kinda cute. But they grow up to be ducks. And they crap.

I will gladly run over ducks and geese regardless of the "duck freaking crossing" signs our HOA put up. Humans first on the road... birds should be flying..not walking across the road. If I was a bird, I would be flying everywhere... not waddling across a busy 40mph street.

But I won't run over a swan... it's a beautiful bird...and kinda rare around here. Ducks and Geese are unwelcomed guests .... they crap in my pool...and crap all over the golf course.. they should be migrating back and forth to Mexico and Canada.. not hanging around neighborhood ponds in Texas.

You should see the hysteria when the eggs hatch and ducklings are all over the place. Ok..they're kinda cute. But they grow up to be ducks. And they crap.

Mean old man.

But I thought Texas and Mexico were one in the same. How are the ducks/geese supposed to know?!

You need to get me a camera. I'll take pictures of **** that's actually interesting. Like the couches that were on fire last week. That's art, dammit.

I must admit, the sudden talk of fire and burning furniture has peaked my interest.

FIRE FIRE FIRE!!! :boom:

We used to have tons of the Canadian geese (and their poop) all over campus at MWU-CCP. I used to drive my car at full speed toward them..never actually got one though.

At least your pictures are of the prettier geese and not the ugly, dirty ones from Canada.

Geese love crossing the street by my house. It wouldn't be so bad if all 20 had to do it. Have you noticed that geese also have the deer in the headlights look?

The pic of the owl was pretty amazing. You must use Windex! lol

Geese love crossing the street by my house. It wouldn't be so bad if all 20 had to do it. Have you noticed that geese also have the deer in the headlights look?

The pic of the owl was pretty amazing. You must use Windex! lol

Well, I definitely had to use Windex to clean it up! :p I had put bird seed out earlier in the day. The owl must've filled its mouth up with it and then crashed into the window...because there was bird seed everryyyyywhere. I'm surprised it didn't die on contact. The crash was so loud I thought my 90 lb dog had run into the glass.

Well, I definitely had to use Windex to clean it up! :p I had put bird seed out earlier in the day. The owl must've filled its mouth up with it and then crashed into the window...because there was bird seed everryyyyywhere. I'm surprised it didn't die on contact. The crash was so loud I thought my 90 lb dog had run into the glass.
the 90 pound dog that lives with your parents?

aint that the truth...

Been shooting? I got a friend of mine hooked on photography. Went to his house in CO for Christmas...relized he doesn't have any pictures of family hanging on the wall. So I went to Circuit City and bought a Rebel XTi and brought it to him. Then made him paid me. Then I gave him my old 70-300mm Zoom.

Now he can't get enough. He's looking to buy a studio light set and a 10-20mm uwa lens. I need a uwa also...thinking 17-40 L lens since I'll be going to FF soon.

mmmm....I won't say FF is going to become more common. Right now it's really designed for professional and semi pro photography. Canon only makes 2 FF... and Nikon makes 1 or 2? And many new lenses are designed for 1.6X.

They're going to get awfully grainy...noisey...whatever you digital people call it...If you keep upping the pixels on the 1.6 though.

They're going to get awfully grainy...noisey...whatever you digital people call it...If you keep upping the pixels on the 1.6 though.

Actually it's not that bad.... because everytime they come up with a new 1.6X sensor, they promise to lower the noise. Just shoot at 100 ISO with 8 to 11 f stop. You'll get a very sharp picture.. Oh having an L lens helps.

I have 4 year old technology in my 20D.. and I'm very very happy with it. I just installed the latest firmware from Canon.. yesterday. If I take a bad picture, it's not the camera...it's me.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

^
^
^
^

You need to sign up to see the pictures. The lens picture archive is the best where you can actually see pictures taken with different lenses.

Actually it's not that bad.... because everytime they come up with a new 1.6X sensor, they promise to lower the noise. Just shoot at 100 ISO with 8 to 11 f stop. You'll get a very sharp picture.. Oh having an L lens helps.

Interesting...check it out: The guy's kinda goofy, but start at around 1:50

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF5D7TLxeGI[/YOUTUBE]

cool! you can zoom the LCD! You just gotta make sure your subject isn't moving!

I kinda like it! It must have 2 sensors then I guess?

Btw...where are the lens comparisons...can't find that archive.

2 sensors? I don't think so. With my camera, I can zoom in on my picture.
I do believe it's the LCD digital zoom function. The sensor = film.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141406

I like the 85mm 1.2L though I would never buy it.
I have 70-200mm 2.8 IS L.. check it out.
I'm going to need 17-40mm L..

I have Tamron 28-75..

100mm-400mm L is not a bad deal... just not as fast as the 70-200mm.

did you find the lens archive?

Sure you didn't...:rolleyes::p

There're actually some good ones.

Getting a new electric guitar?

Well, we had a little concert at our house...kids played piano, violin, cello..and my daughter played guitar..duet with me. Now I have a request from other kids to duet with them..and may require electric guitar.. they all want to learn the Canon in D in electric guitar. Of course I'll have to learn it too.. other moms also want me to give the kids guitar lesson...cuz it's really hard to get into a guitar class around here..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmOBTP0iDqY[/youtube]