SUNY Upstate Question...take 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wholly

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody knew if the Board of Admissions was meeting this week before Thanksgiving. At my interview 3 weeks ago they said they were 3 weeks behind in reviewing apps. and we should hear about their decision in 3 weeks. I was hoping to make my Thanksgiving a great one, but I have a feeling I may have to wait until the following week for a phone call. Any help would be great....Thank you!!..........by the way, I interviewed Novermber 3rd.

Members don't see this ad.

Damn...you didn't even acknowledge the question I asked you in the same thread you posted earlier...nice....

to answer your question, why not call them and ask? I am sure they would be please to get your phone call on top of the hundreds asking the same question....

I am sure you got in...just be patient

wholly,

i too interviewed nov 3rd and have heard nothing.
but.. there are 2 other SDNers out there that interviewed the same day as us and have been accepted (one on 11/19 and the other on 11/21...)... so I don't know where we stand.

wait and c i guess

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to let you know that I was accepted to Upstate almost 2 weeks after another person that was interviewed on the same day. Don't worry about who gets what and when because it doesn't seem to make a difference at Upstate. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving with lots of good news to tell!

hmno

thats damn good to hear! and congrats to you...
i was really worried... thanks for the info.

u only applied to 3 schools? damn... someone is a risk taker...
props to u.. glad it worked out.

peace
mmz6

Originally posted by mmz6
hmno

thats damn good to hear! and congrats to you...
i was really worried... thanks for the info.

u only applied to 3 schools? damn... someone is a risk taker...
props to u.. glad it worked out.

peace
mmz6

I know it sounds risky, but I wasn't willing to leave the area (personal reasons). It's totally cliche, but if medical school was in my future then it would happen. I had to trust my gut on that one... thankfully it worked out despite a lot of stress. Good luck to you!

I interviewed there on Oct. 27th and two people that interviewed with me at that same time was accepted one on the 15th and the other on the 19th, so I was thinking that I am either waitlisted or rejected, but hearing that you can still be accepted up to two weeks after someone who interviewed on the same day as you was, has given me a slight glimmer of hope.:cool:

Originally posted by hmno82
I just wanted to let you know that I was accepted to Upstate almost 2 weeks after another person that was interviewed on the same day. Don't worry about who gets what and when because it doesn't seem to make a difference at Upstate. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving with lots of good news to tell!

That's me! I interviewed on 10/27 and was accepted on 11/13. Try not to worry too much because as hmno82 said the order and number of weeks you have to wait does not really matter. She had to wait a lot longer than me and she still got accepted. I might of just got lucky and had my application on the top of the pile.

How are the SUNY schools in accepting out of state students?

SUNY Downstate and Upstate say that they are welcoming of applications from out of state students and accept a good number.SUNY Stony Brook rarely takes out of state though buffalo takes a few.

In regards to the post from czarbasch, he did find out hours before even though he interviewed weeks after I did. I also found out weeks after someone from my interview group did (I interviewed 10/8/03 and was accepted on 11/13/03). I just wanted to clearify that. Bottom line: don't worry and call if you want to find out if they have made a decision on your file. They told me that it wouldn't be a problem to tell me that at any time.

Called Upstate today and found out that the admissions committee are in fact scheduled to meet this Wednesday November 26, 2003. Hopefully some of us will hear some good news come the beginning of next week. I interviewed on Oct 27th and I have not heard anything. Time is not on my side at this juncture.