SUNY Downstate Early Medical Education Summer 2021 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kittymed

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Has anyone applied to this program this year or are there any students who were granted acceptance last cycle and can talk about their experience ? I submitted my application yesterday!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I applied to the program this year. Did you hear back from them for an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
No I didnt. Any ideas on when those who applied are being reached out to for interviews ?

My school’s advisor said that interviews will start late March and we should be hearing from the school soon. She said that last week.

Last edited:
Great, thank you for letting me know! Prayers up that we get interviews.

Is you application status showing under program review? I just checked mine and it’s not showing under review like before.

Omg I just checked too and it says screening complete so now I`m nervous

Yours saying screening complete? Mine isn’t saying anything

Go to Home then my applications. I dont think they are finished screening everyone yet but when they do they will send out decisions.

thank you so much for telling me where to find the screening complete thing. Mine is also saying screening complete. I also think that they will be sending out decisions soon since they are completing the screening. Hopefully we will hear something positive

You are welcome! Yes I hope so too. Lets keep each other updated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!! I got an interview too. Just got the email

No I have no idea but it might be like double what they are accepting into the program

Yes, so I`m thinking maybe they are interviewing 50-100 students

I thought they are interviewing thirty students as there were thirty time slots. Did they send you a time or link for your interview yet? I didn’t receive any link yet.
Thats what I thought at first but then I realized that there may be multiple people on the admissions committee all doing thursday and friday interviews so im not even sure

I hope it goes well!! Check in Thursday!

Has anyone not heard back yet? Mine still says "Under Program Review" for status.

Hi! My interview went well. I am not sure if they are still doing interviews

Hey also applied for this year's EME Program I watched the video they submitted on their website for the information webinar they had and I noticed that they had around 37 people that they interviewed last year so I'm guessing this year should be around that amount as well.
Does anyone have any idea about when they're going to inform us about acceptance or rejection?

Hey! How did you figure out that they interviewed 37 people?

Hey also applied for this year's EME Program I watched the video they submitted on their website for the information webinar they had and I noticed that they had around 37 people that they interviewed last year so I'm guessing this year should be around that amount as well.
Does anyone have any idea about when they're going to inform us about acceptance or rejection?
Heyy, did you get in ??

From what i saw at the meet and greet they had, about 31 people were interviewed this year

Hey dd you mind sharing the application and interview process?

Hey, the video on the page below pretty much sums up the application process. Interviews were held about a month after with a pre health committee member from one of the participating schools (of course you do not get paired up with the one from the school you attend) or you have an interview with Ms. Tina who is the program coordinator. Interview focuses on getting to know your application a little bit more and what you did during your college years, how you worked with your peers in college, who you are outside of your desire for medicine, and just seeing if you are an all around genuine and hard working person. :) I hope that helps.

Hello,

My name is Lexus, I’m interested in applying to Downstate’s EME program for this upcoming cycle if anyone whom got accepted can give me some insight on the program and what to expect it would be greatly appreciated.
Hi! I started a 2022 cycle EME thread if you would like to join it.

Hi guys. How was your first summer of EME for those who participated?

Hi! I started a 2022 cycle EME thread if you would like to join it.
Hello! I am hoping to apply for the February 2024 cycle. Is this thread still active? I was hoping to ask for some advice from anyone who was accepted and any other tips!