Rochester vs SUNY for postbacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notEinstein

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I need to complete my pre-req’s for med school (almost 36 years old and already have my bachelors, just need pre-reqs).

I have been accepted into:

- University of Rochester (10% scholarship)
- St John Fisher University (50% scholarship)
- SUNY (cheap anyway)

I guess my question is - Does it matter? Would having one of these names on my med-school school applications help more than another?

If my in-state schools (SUNY) don’t end up accepting me, would an OOS school look more favorably on Rochester pre-reqs than one of the others?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I need to complete my pre-req’s for med school (almost 36 years old and already have my bachelors, just need pre-reqs).

I have been accepted into:

- University of Rochester (10% scholarship)
- St John Fisher University (50% scholarship)
- SUNY (cheap anyway)

I guess my question is - Does it matter?

Only the tuition.

Would having one of these names on my med-school school applications help more than another?

No.

If my in-state schools (SUNY) don’t end up accepting me, would an OOS school look more favorably on Rochester pre-reqs than one of the others?

No

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't say I've ever seen any students with post-bacs from those schools but it might be my catchment area and not the lack of students from those schools. I doubt that it would matter much if at all.

Reactions: 1 users