Sunday Times Article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting4Ganong said:

Just wow...it makes you wonder if the girls actually wanted to go, or if they just felt pressured by their mum. I understand how tough it is to get in (anybody on this board does), but I think doing the work yourself is a very important maturing process. If any family or friend obssessed about my life like that, I'd be worried.

that's pretty insane. although I wouldn't be surprised if there were more applicants like that. it'd be funny if the girls dropped out of medical school because they didn't like it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Poor kids. Not as tough as getting into a Ontario medical school though but, applicants there are atleast older.

You should see the furore this stirred up on the UK bulletin boards, especially when one the girls popped up on her mother's username and started to defend themselves. It was somewhat entertaining.

For what it's worth, they do both seem to want to do med, though their mother is insane...

FionaS said:
You should see the furore this stirred up on the UK bulletin boards, especially when one the girls popped up on her mother's username and started to defend themselves. It was somewhat entertaining.

For what it's worth, they do both seem to want to do med, though their mother is insane...

You don't have the link to the thread, do you? I'd be interested in reading it.

I was quite surprised when I read this story. I found UK medical schools relatively easy to get into compare to the admissions procedure in the RoI. I was accepted to two, but maybe I just got lucky (as it seems after reading this)! :D

Well, it's a little harder now than when I was applying, but I got 3 out of 4 acceptances, and pooled (kind of equiv to waitlisted) on the 4th - so nearly a full house!

I've no idea where the link is - I'll have a look, but not promising anything...