This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone bothered columbia today to see what's up? Low key I'm thinking about calling up and bothering them today but I have no idea what to say
I have it written down that interviews were conducting March 13-17th last year. So, maybe they are setting up interviews the same week that they actually are? I was expecting to hear back from them by the end of this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Number is 212-305-4157 if anyone wants to call. I called already on Friday so i don't want to seem like a bothersome. Lol

@setu26 did Morehouse Project IMHOTEP email you back? I also haven't heard anything about a interview so I'm worried. Do you know if they do silent rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
Grateful for this thread, but also nervous because I haven't heard back from so many. Applied to UCLA, Columbia, PHLFP, Project IMHOTEP, and MCHC-RISE UP- Kennedy Krieger and haven't heard back from anyone. I sent an email to PHLFP/Project IMHOTEP to get a better sense of their timeline because I truly had no idea they were interviewing so early. But, good luck to everyone. Ugh, this is so nerve wracking lol.

I also applied to most of those programs & haven’t heard back except from MCHC Rise up. Which site did you apply to? I applied to the South Dakota one & they reached out to me with an interview recently, maybe they’re still working through the applications?

I actually got an interview for FPHLPF at Michigan university on February 20. I however have not hear back from MCHC rise up for John Hopkins and Columbia.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know so you don't keep waiting, I got an email last Friday from UCLA saying I got an interview. They are being conducted this week. I also applied to Columbia but haven't heard anything yet. I know both programs are doing silent rejections though. I am hoping that you are all correct in that Columbia has been pushed back a week or two! Anyways good luck to all you guys & appreciate this thread! Wishing the best.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know so you don't keep waiting, I got an email last Friday from UCLA saying I got an interview. They are being conducted this week. I also applied to Columbia but haven't heard anything yet. I know both programs are doing silent rejections though. I am hoping that you are all correct in that Columbia has been pushed back a week or two! Anyways good luck to all you guys & appreciate this thread! Wishing the best.
Thanks for the info! I know Columbia's FAQ page says all selection decisions will be posted no later than March 12th via the online application, so it does seem like they're a bit behind.

Thanks for the info! I know Columbia's FAQ page says all selection decisions will be posted no later than March 12th via the online application, so it does seem like they're a bit behind.
I just called Columbia and they said they will let us know about interviews by March 23. Final decisions a week or two later. They are behind in the review process. If you don't hear from them by then, they said you have not been selected to move further.

Did anyone hear back from MCHC/RISE-UP (KKI/Hopkins site in Baltimore)? Please keep us posted if you do!

I applied to Project Imhotep, Columbia, MCHC/Rise up at KKI, UCLA, and FPHLP. I got an interview for Project Imhotep and FPHLP. I haven’t heard back from the others and I’m extremely nervous.

I applied to MCHC-Johns Hopkins and have not heard back yet.

Last edited:
@setu26 did Morehouse Project IMHOTEP email you back? I also haven't heard anything about a interview so I'm worried. Do you know if they do silent rejections?
No email from them yet, and I have no idea how they do rejections.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Project Imhotep, Columbia, MCHC/Rise up at KKI, UCLA, and FPHLP. I got an interview for Project Imhotep and FPHLP. I haven’t heard back from the others and I’m extremely nervous.

I haven't heard back from Project IMHOTEP. When did you receive an email regarding interviews? Did they call you or send you an email?

I haven't heard back from Project IMHOTEP. When did you receive an email regarding interviews? Did they call you or send you an email?

I received an email February 2nd

Hey everyone. I have also applied to both Morehouse programs IMHOTEP and PHLFP. I did not receive any notifications of any interviews or anything but a few weeks ago I emailed the coordinator Jamie Clayton and she/he told me that decisions would be made mid-march. I attached the emails. Best of luck to everyone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 10.11.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 10.11.41 AM.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 136
What school is everyone applying from? I'm just wondering what the applicant pool breakdown looks like for columbia

What school is everyone applying from? I'm just wondering what the applicant pool breakdown looks like for columbia
I go to the University of Washington in Seattle! International Relations & Global Health major.

Hey everyone :) Jumping in her a bit late, but I applied to UM-SEP, UM FPHLP, and Columba SPHSP. I was rejected from UM-SEP in late February, haven't heard anything from Columba SPHSP yet, but just got an interview for FPHLP this morning.

Wishing everyone good luck, so anxious!

San Diego State! Not the most prestigious of schools , so I’m seriously not expecting much from Columbia : s

Did anyone hear back from Morehouse Project IMHOTEP? I was told that decisions come out today

Hey! I was told the same thing but I didn’t hear anything either!

Anyone heard anythinggggg from Columbia??? I go to Cornell but my gpa is trash so I’m okay with getting a rejection if they could just let us know already!

I just heard back from IMHOTEP today. They said they’ll let us know on March 21st.

Anyone heard anythinggggg from Columbia??? I go to Cornell but my gpa is trash so I’m okay with getting a rejection if they could just let us know already!

I haven’t heard anything yet either & I know! It’s been a week past when they said they would :/

Okay, finally bothered columbia this morning. The woman I spoke to was very nice. She said we would be notified about the interviews next monday, the 26th, because they're very understaffed... Guess we'll just have to keep playing the waiting game!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know what time selected applicants will hear back from Morehouse IMHOTEP?

Does anyone know what time selected applicants will hear back from Morehouse IMHOTEP?

I do not. I heard it was supposed to be today. They told me mid-March but did not give me an exact date or time. Did you have an interview?

No I didn't :/
No worries. I’ve seen some people say they had interviews and others say they did not. Not sure how that works or if they do silent rejections, I didn’t receive an interview either so we’re in the same boat. Best of luck to you!!!

Hey all! I have received an email regarding the Columbia University SPHSP about an hour and a half ago with the option to schedule a 15 minute phone interview for Monday, March the 26th. Definitely check your emails.

For anyone waiting for a response from Morehouse IMHOTEP, check your spam folder. That's where I found the email they sent today.....

Hey all! I have received an email regarding the Columbia University SPHSP about an hour and a half ago with the option to schedule a 15 minute phone interview for Monday, March the 26th. Definitely check your emails.

y'all i'm so sad rip don't think i made it this year, but its cool i'll try again next yera

LMAO BUT CONGRATS MY DUDE!! kill that phone interview

Reactions: 1 users
Do y'all think they will keep sending invites through today and tomorrow?
I'm crossing my fingers since that invite was for Monday, that they send invites for Tuesday Wednesday since its usually several days of interviews.

Do y'all think they will keep sending invites through today and tomorrow?
I'm crossing my fingers since that invite was for Monday, that they send invites for Tuesday Wednesday since its usually several days of interviews.
I was thinking the same thing. I cant imagine theyll do 100 interviews in one day.

I called Columbia today and the lady I spoke to said that if you didn’t get and email this week about interviews it pretty much means they have decided not to move forward with your application.

Haven't heard anything from Columbia either, hopes are low. For those of you who applied to FPHLP at UMich though, I got an email decision this morning!

I'm sure regardless what happens, we'll all find something amazing to do this summer :)

Haven't heard anything from Columbia either, hopes are low. For those of you who applied to FPHLP at UMich though, I got an email decision this morning!

I'm sure regardless what happens, we'll all find something amazing to do this summer :)
Did you get in?

I got into FPHLP! So I'm not entirely sure what they're doing in regards to rejections etc.
Awesome!! I didnt get accepted in FPHLP, but I got accepted in the UCLA program. Good luck this summer!