Sullivan University Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
woww...I did get everyone attention, didn't I? hihi...I am fine, everyone. Thank to Legit, Nervous, Wes, and everyone else. I just think it is better for me because not sure if I have done something wrong. Mistake does happen sometime but she said it wasn't me; I feel much more better now because I really do care what others think and feel. Really, that is me. Their pain is my pain. You may think I am crazy. But well...

I believe everyone has your own circumstances and experiences. However, why I sympathize with other's feeling, I have gone through many the worst event in life; I have lost so many things. Do not need to express more, but just need to tell everybody you all a lot luckier than I am. However, whatever was happened to me, I become more mature in life.

Huonguyen,

Hope you stick around because even though this thread sometimes evolves into a "soap opera", this forum is invaluable. If you don't feel comfortable posting for awhile, you can be a "lurker" and learn from others. You may be uncomfortable at the possibility you offended someone but you apologized and it is not a huge deal! You're going to have to learn to communicate more effectively so walking away it not the answer. Is that what a pharmacist would do? I hope you will rethink your decision because 99% of my experience here has been positive.:)

And ForestGump, thanks for caring. But really, "lurker" and learn from others is not what you suppose to tell me. I am not a lurker and we all here need to learn from each other; we all may be on the same boat and never want our boat sink or anybody falling off the boat.

I believe this is a public. There isn't any "lurker" exist in here. If I am a "lurker", I should sneak into your PM and get your info; have I done so? Well, I don't think I have and I will never do so. Besides, she said it wasn't me, so you think I still need to learn to communicate more effectively? Besides, walking away is not good way a pharmacist should do. But I am not a pharmacist; I will be a pharmacist who will need to be trained from school. However, your post affected me to come back. Thank you :rolleyes::)[/QUOTE]

Glad you decided to stick around! And, just to clarify, I wasn't saying YOU are a "lurker" - I was referring to the many others out there that read posts in the forum but choose not to participate. Which is fine by me, but I think those that those who do participate get a lot more out of it. I've learned a lot here and I've tried to help others as well. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Totally screwed up "replying with quote" - here is my reply:

Glad you decided to stick around! And, just to clarify, I wasn't saying YOU are a "lurker" - I was referring to the many others out there that read posts in the forum but choose not to participate. Which is fine by me, but I think those that those who do participate get a lot more out of it. I've learned a lot here and I've tried to help others as well. :D

Man .. I did miss the episode .. :smuggrin: .. Demand a REPLAY !!! :smuggrin: ..

NervousHabits, I like the way you deal situations w/ a smile - can't beat that :luck:

You will notice (when we are in class together ;)) that I try to keep everyone smiling. I'm not a people pleaser or a class clown, I'm just that nice person that everyone seems to enjoy being around. Or at least, that's what I'm told. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, Forrest, have you heard anything yet????:xf::luck:

Nope! If it wasn't for my killer classes and preparing for my upcoming interview at Hilo I'd be going crazy!!! Luckily I have a lot going on so I'll just have to be patient....

NEW PCAT SCORES :D

First try:
June 09
Verbal 61
Bio 80
RC 85
Quant 54
Chem 68
Comp 74

New Score:
Oct 09
Verbal 82
Bio 94
RC 93
Quant 20
Chem 81
Comp 84

I really believe that I skipped a bubble or something on my quant section because I was a lot more prepared this time than last time. Any way about it, this is the last time. :D

NEW PCAT SCORES :D

First try:
June 09
Verbal 61
Bio 80
RC 85
Quant 54
Chem 68
Comp 74

New Score:
Oct 09
Verbal 82
Bio 94
RC 93
Quant 20
Chem 81
Comp 84

I really believe that I skipped a bubble or something on my quant section because I was a lot more prepared this time than last time. Any way about it, this is the last time. :D

Great job Tristan! Just imagine if you didn't miss your bubble in Quant, you would have been a 90+ composite. Regardless though, that is a great score. Be proud my friend.

Okay, maybe I won't get in to SUCOP this time. I'm losing all my confidence in acceptance now. I thought I nailed the interview and had a decent GPA, EC, Recommendation letters, work experience, etc. It has been almost 3 weeks since I had the interview (October 30th).

I emailed to Paige concerning my application yesterday.
Here's what she wrote in email;
"There is no update in your status. The Committee has not made a final decision concerning your application. I will let you know as soon as they make a decision and/or there is anything to inform you of. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a timetable. I hope this is helpful!"

sounds kinda cold though. what do you guys think? Either or, I just want to get it over with this decision crap asap. :mad: I guess people who are on the same boat should at least email Paige and ask her. I wonder if that's just me not decided yet or everyone else.

Last edited:
Okay, maybe I won't get in to SUCOP this time. I'm losing all my confidence in acceptance now. I thought I nailed the interview and had a decend GPA, EC, Recommendation letters, etc. It has been almost 3 weeks since I had the interview (October 30th).

I emailed to Paige concerning about my application yesterday.
Here's what she wrote in email;
"There is no update in your status. The Committee has not made a final decision concerning your application. I will let you know as soon as they make a decision and/or there is anything to inform you of. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a timetable. I hope this is helpful!"

sounds kinda cold though. what do you guys think? Either or, I just want get over with this decision crap asap. :mad: I guess people who are on the same boat should at least email Paige and ask her. I wonder if that's just me not decided yet or everyone else.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I think they are waitlisting everybody until they get through December interviews. They probably have x number of slots left open and a lot of qualified candidates on paper so they want to interview everybody before they make final decisions. These things are screwy.

Ok guys, so I just made up my schedule for this next semester...ew.

Here it is:
A&P II
BioStat
OChem II
Another Sociology course on ethics
Creative Writing
Medical Terminology
--------------------
17 Credits of Awesomeness :cool: And I'm done by 1:30 or 2:30 and I don't get up before 9:30 EVERYDAY! :D

What are you guys taking?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if the adcom is meeting to evaluate the past 3 weeks of interviews. i emailed paige as well and she sent back the same exact message to me as well."There is no update in your status. The Committee has not made a final decision concerning your application. I will let you know as soon as they make a decision and/or there is anything to inform you of. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a timetable. I hope this is helpful."

does anyone know if the adcom is meeting to evaluate the past 3 weeks of interviews. i emailed paige as well and she sent back the same exact message to me as well."There is no update in your status. The Committee has not made a final decision concerning your application. I will let you know as soon as they make a decision and/or there is anything to inform you of. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a timetable. I hope this is helpful."

"Patience is the key, not only to artistic endeavor, but to life itself. Its an aspect of faith. You do what you can, practice your craft, try your best, and let God or fate of happenstance determine the rest. Ultimately, if your willing to wait for things the world is yours" - Alan Epstein

My interview is on Dec 10, anyone else going to Dec interview here?

Just curious. What kind of PCATs did the people who got interviews have?

I know the school has no PCAT requirement but I'm wondering if good score is common to the people getting interviews and/or getting accepted.

I have about 20 & 30 on verbal & reading comprehension, 93 & 94 on Chem & Biol, and then about 80 on Math. I think I get the advantage of applying really really early.
G'luck if you're applying.

So this thread has died down.....everyone preparing for finals??? I'm about ready to go through the rest of round 3 of my exams, and then 2 weeks til finals! Yay....not.:thumbdown:

does anyone know when I should get notified of the status of my application...whether ill get an interview or rejection?
They recieved my application on November 11 09.

What do you guys think? how long does it normally take them to answer you aftre you submitted your application?

anything will be helpful. thanks.

does anyone know when I should get notified of the status of my application...whether ill get an interview or rejection?
They recieved my application on November 11 09.

What do you guys think? how long does it normally take them to answer you aftre you submitted your application?

anything will be helpful. thanks.

I have no idea if they are even giving out interviews anymore. Don't give up though, I know someone last year got an interview in Feb.

Just curious. What kind of PCATs did the people who got interviews have?

I know the school has no PCAT requirement but I'm wondering if good score is common to the people getting interviews and/or getting accepted.

I was accepted with no PCAT scores.

Did everyone fall of the face of the planet? I miss our awesome thread. ;)

P.S. Good Luck to everyone interview soon!!! Let us know when/if you hear anything! I'm excited to see who else is going to get in!!!

Has anyone heard from the Adcom? I wonder what the hold up is. Hope the class isnt full.

this school requires that you send a photo? isn't that supposed to be entirely optional?

I didn't send a photo and they said my file isn't complete unless I send a photo.

I hope this isn't a form of weeding people out based on looks lol. good thing I'm not entirely unfortunate looking.

Gotta pay more attention to the instruction KMIM. Some other schools require photos too, and I really think it's not that necessary, but of course, it's there for a purpose. Better to have it done than not.

Anyone know when the adcom is meeting again? Has anyone been waitlisted or put on the alternative list or declined?

Gotta pay more attention to the instruction KMIM. Some other schools require photos too, and I really think it's not that necessary, but of course, it's there for a purpose. Better to have it done than not.
If it's true about the "photo" thingy, they're probably wanted to produce hot looking pharmacist..JK :)

It's on page 1. http://www.sullivan.edu/pharmacy/pdf/COP%20Admission%20Application%20-%20FINAL%202010%20-%206.19.09.pdf

The following items must be submitted with the application:
$100.00 Application Fee
Brief Essay
Curriculum Vitae
Employment Information
Official Transcript of finished coursework
Personal Data Information
Pre-Pharmacy Education/Course Work
Signed Application
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Results (if applicable)
Two Letters of Recommendation
Updated Immunizations (MMR, Hepatitis, Polio, Tetanus)
Two Passport-Style Photos

I hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving.

Has anybody had any contact with SUCOP after they took the background check?

Nope Wes. I emailed Ms. Paige for what's coming from SUCOP, and she replied that SUCOP probably won't send anything out until early spring. So, chill ? Anyone gets a hold of the financial aid issue from SUCOP ?

Nope Wes. I emailed Ms. Paige for what's coming from SUCOP, and she replied that SUCOP probably won't send anything out until early spring. So, chill ? Anyone gets a hold of the financial aid issue from SUCOP ?

What is the financial aid issue?

I mean .. I'd prefer to get everything done as soon as possible, especially the loan/financial aid. End of March / beginning of April is kinda late to start getting financial aid package together, don't you think?

I mean .. I'd prefer to get everything done as soon as possible, especially the loan/financial aid. End of March / beginning of April is kinda late to start getting financial aid package together, don't you think?

I'm pretty sure we get to fill out FAFSA at the beginning of the year....

Has anybody heard anything from school? It has been a month.

They are still waiting for my interview before they make any decisions :smuggrin: Kidding, kidding...

were you invited for an interview already? when did you submit your application?

im still waiting to hear form them regarding my interview if i do get one.

were you invited for an interview already? when did you submit your application?

im still waiting to hear form them regarding my interview if i do get one.
Yes, I was invited for an interview and submitted my app sometime back in sept. My interview is the 18th. It is my speculation that adcom is waiting for the last of the interviews for this year to finish (the ones on the 18th) before making anymore decisions. Last I heard, my friend that interviewed on Oct 8th still hasn't heard anything. If my speculations are true, we should be able to see how the class stands in the coming weeks. I think that eventually an abundance of waitlists will occur.

Are you going to ask the ADCOM where they stand for filling their Class of 2013 during your interview?

Yes, I was invited for an interview and submitted my app sometime back in sept. My interview is the 18th. It is my speculation that adcom is waiting for the last of the interviews for this year to finish (the ones on the 18th) before making anymore decisions. Last I heard, my friend that interviewed on Oct 8th still hasn't heard anything. If my speculations are true, we should be able to see how the class stands in the coming weeks. I think that eventually an abundance of waitlists will occur.

:) Probably Wes. I figure it would save a lot of people here some grief. Plus I need some questions to ask the adcom :p

Awesome. I was curious how close they are to finishing myself.

Mine was the 8th, and I got accepted......makes me curious..........
Funny story, I was just thinking about why your interview date was important to me. That's my last final!

Anyway,Everyone, good luck on upcoming interviews, applications, and Happy Studying!

My interview was on Oct 30th and still I haven't heard anything from adcom. but I emailed Paige about it, she said I should be able to know in a couple of weeks, still waiting for the last interviewees finish their interviews. Good luck on ya'll finals! :rolleyes: