Sullivan University Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Legit,
Please be polite. Don't just assume that people are doing what YOU THINK they are doing. How do you know I am a seat hogger? I already accepted the offer from the school I want to attend and turned down the others, ok... :rolleyes:

If what u said is true then good... more seats will be opened for those who are waiting. I am sticking with Sullivan even though I have invited to other schools. Do you mind sharing us your status?

Members don't see this ad.

to tell u the truth i didnt smile at all at the interview. I had a serious face:smuggrin:. I think a serious face will get u in:laugh:.

LOLz...Good to have a sincere face as well. For me, I did smile during my interview but not sure that my smile would touch my interviewers. However, when I got serious questions such as stealing or cheating, I stopped smiling because they asked for ethic and professionalism.:love:

You are the lottery winner enough said:laugh: pharm schools have to let ppl in with low gpas because they have compassion for this profession. I don't know if ppl with low gpas are capable of getting good grades in pharm schools. Nervoushabits, i think it is ok for ppl to use you as an example. You give them hope:thumbup: like that song "You are my sunshine":laugh:

Yes. People with low grades are capable of getting good grades in pharmacy school. You watch. I'm going to graduate at the top of our class. :D (Hopefully!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Another week went by, here is another week; this coming Friday will be exactly two weeks from the day of my interview. Should I call them before or after the ThanksGiving Break if I don't hear from them next week?

Keep praying ... praying ... praying:xf::xf::xf:

how do you know about this?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7941365&postcount=9

This year interview started in Sept. ADCOM DID NOT DECIDE THEIR DECISION before the interview. For example, the school gave 300 interview spots does this mean they already decided?? this is nonsense. " Conversely, you can leap from the wait list to being accepted if you nail the interview." If you nailed the interview, then why are u in the waiting list????

They are basing all preinterview decisions strictly by what they see on paper. Your grades, PCAT scores, and recommendations do not lie. These are all used as tools. They use the interview to see you as a person.

I say all this based upon the link and thread shown above. I have no actual knowledge of how Sullivan operates because there are no students on their ADCOM.

I can tell you that when I interviewed last year (the end of January), they had already filled all of the seats. They will still invite people to interview so that they can operate their waitlist.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7941365&postcount=9

They are basing all preinterview decisions strictly by what they see on paper. Your grades, PCAT scores, and recommendations do not lie. These are all used as tools. They use the interview to see you as a person.

I say all this based upon the link and thread shown above. I have no actual knowledge of how Sullivan operates because there are no students on their ADCOM.

I can tell you that when I interviewed last year (the end of January), they had already filled all of the seats. They will still invite people to interview so that they can operate their waitlist.

cdhoward, what are they doing that for since the class already filled? If they keeps on doing so, the next class may be filled also; then, what would happen to the next applicant pool (seem like they have less/no chance to be accepted)?:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:uhm....

cdhoward, what are they doing that for since the class already filled? If they keeps on doing so, the next class may be filled also; then, what would happen to the next applicant pool (seem like they have less/no chance to be accepted)?:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:uhm....

I assume you are referring to the automatic admissions policy for the following year if placed on the waitlist for the current class...

Well, I can tell you what Dr. Facione told me when I asked him about the automatic admissions last year. He told me that the automatic admissions is only extended to the top so many on the waitlist. He didn't give me a specific number, but I qualified for the automatic admission for the class of 2013. I was either 23 or 24 on the waitlist. I don't remember the exact number. To request to be considered for automatic admission, you do not give up being on the current waitlist. Do keep in mind that most people may end up being accepted elsewhere, so there may not actually be as many automatic decisions as one would think.

As far as interviewing applicants after the class has been filled... They have to have a good sized waitlist. All schools do. They are on rolling admissions, which means that some of the early accepted students may get into their #1 choice later. Some of the waitlist will get into their #1 school as well. They simply must have more than necessary to ensure they fill the class. This applies to every school in the nation.

Yes. People with low grades are capable of getting good grades in pharmacy school. You watch. I'm going to graduate at the top of our class. :D (Hopefully!)

sure u might be the top one! but you have to compete with the best in the school and me :laugh:. "My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious." (MIKE TYSON) Nervoushabits is a conqueror? Nervoushabits is no Alexander. I am Alexander. :laugh:

Last edited:
yeah top 100:laugh: joking.....sure u might be the top one! but you have to compete with the best in the school and me :laugh:. "My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious." (MIKE TYSON) Nervoushabits is a conqueror? Nervoushabits is no Alexander. I am Alexander. :laugh:

Sometimes, Legit, you are too much. I may not be an Alexander, but I could definitely be a Catherine....or in England, an Elizabeth. Too completely opposite women: The same goal.

Another week went by, here is another week; this coming Friday will be exactly two weeks from the day of my interview. Should I call them before or after the ThanksGiving Break if I don't hear from them next week?

Keep praying ... praying ... praying:xf::xf::xf:

Best words of advice I have ever given: Wait!!!! :D Like I said before: Good things come with time. They are very busy right now, so I would chill out a bit and enjoy your break at least. Chill, yo.:cool:

:laugh: so you are telling me class of 2011 required PCAT? I think schools are leaning toward PCAT as a requirement.

I am telling you that class of 2011 and class of 2012 required that you took the PCAT. Not sure what the requirement was for admittance or if they enforced it, but you were suppose to take it.

I didn't take it for Class of 2013.

Sometimes, Legit, you are too much. I may not be an Alexander, but I could definitely be a Catherine....or in England, an Elizabeth. Too completely opposite women: The same goal.

none

Last edited:
I am telling you that class of 2011 and class of 2012 required that you took the PCAT. Not sure what the requirement was for admittance or if they enforced it, but you were suppose to take it.

Sir..you are wrong....please back up your statement with concrete evidence...sir!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you would want to be those women. They did not have a good life or made any accomplishments. Choose someone else.

EXCUSE ME!? You can't be serious. Both of these women were symbolic to their countries, and each one impacted the course of history. How can you say that they did not make any accomplishments or had a good life? Do you know who either of these women are?

(Side note: These are my two favorite people in history. I know so freaking much it would blow your mind. No joke. I'm a history nerd too.)

Last edited:
Wanted LegitPharmacist to read this. He did.

PCAT was required for the first 2 classes. This is the first year PCAT is not required at SUCOP.

Last edited:
Sir..you are wrong....please back up your statement with concrete evidence...sir!

Well when I met with SUCOP back in April they told me not to waste my money on it this year because even though it was required by the previous classes that SUCOP is moving away from it.

So unless you are calling this person a liar, I am expecting an apology in 3..2..1......:mad:

Last edited:
Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
EXCUSE ME!? You can't be serious. Both of these women were symbolic to their countries, and each one impacted the course of history. How can you say that they did not make any accomplishments or had a good life? Do you know who either of these women are?

(Side note: These are my two favorite people in history. I know so freaking much it would blow your mind. No joke. I'm a history nerd too.)

Thats what my friends told me. They might be wrong... If you say they are great then I shall believe you. :thumbup:

And you calling me a liar is professional exactly how? It is okay to question and to ask for evidence or the background information, but for you to go out on a limb and to call your colleague a liar without concrete evidence yourself is pretty much the top of being unprofessional.

Don't think you can be wreckless with your own words and then call out somebody else. You will not get a free pass.

I did not call you a liar. I just want you to provide concrete evidence and you did. My apology.

you are coming across as pompous and pretentious in some of your posts. .

How am I being pompous? I have lower status than you and everyone else? I am just an average student that spent tons of money on apps and yes I am grateful to be accepted by different schools. However, I am just lucky and on the same level as everyone here. I am just a new kid on the block. You don't have to be all serious on this forum. If you want to compete in school, sure I will take your challege. I am not here to make enemies or to put others down. I like to joke around and sometimes it could go out of hand. If anyone feels I owe them an apology, then I am willing to do so.

Legit,

As the neutral party here, I'm going to give you some advice. Try to re-read your post as if you were the person it was being sent to. Try not to belittle anyone, their qualifications, or doubt them. Most likely, people such as Wes, will not steer you in the wrong direction. Don't assume things you aren't sure about. Remember that to assume makes an ass out of U and ME. It works both ways, and no one likes to be looked at like an idiot.

In regards to the posts that we have had together, there have been times when I felt offended slightly by the comments made (ie: the bit about people with lower GPAs and how maybe they won't make the grades in pharmacy school). I am not asking for an apology, nor do I expect one. Just be aware of other people and how you word things. If you want proof of something, just ask, but DO NOT straight forward say that another person is wrong without having proof yourself.

Does this help? Or did I just cause a whole lot of problems? :xf:

How am I being pompous? I have lower status than you and everyone else? I am just an average student that spent tons of money on apps and yes I am grateful to be accepted by different schools. However, I am just lucky and on the same level as everyone here. I am just a new kid on the block. You don't have to be all serious on this forum. If you want to compete in school, sure I will take your challege. I am not here to make enemies or to put others down. I like to joke around and sometimes it could go out of hand. If anyone feels I owe them an apology, then I am willing to do so.

Dude it's all good. It's probably just the tone not translating very well. I am far from serious all the time.

Legit,

In regards to the posts that we have had together, there have been times when I felt offended slightly by the comments made (ie: the bit about people with lower GPAs and how maybe they won't make the grades in pharmacy school). I am not asking for an apology, nor do I expect one. Just be aware of other people and how you word things. If you want proof of something, just ask, but DO NOT straight forward say that another person is wrong without having proof yourself.

In regards to low GPA students, I am among those. Maybe I didn't word it right or think carefully before I write it. People have different interpretations, what can I say? Yeah I am declaring neutral and peace.

In regards to low GPA students, I am among those. Maybe I didn't word it right or think carefully before I write it. People have different interpretations, what can I say? Yeah I am declaring neutral and peace.

Woo for neutrality and peace! And what was the lesson we learned from this?

Anyone?

Smiling is the most important thing in any situation. :p

---EDIT: With the exception of a few situations (Ie: Funerals, while getting yelled at by sig other, and while watching a scary/sad movie)

I assume you are referring to the automatic admissions policy for the following year if placed on the waitlist for the current class...

Well, I can tell you what Dr. Facione told me when I asked him about the automatic admissions last year. He told me that the automatic admissions is only extended to the top so many on the waitlist. He didn't give me a specific number, but I qualified for the automatic admission for the class of 2013. I was either 23 or 24 on the waitlist. I don't remember the exact number. To request to be considered for automatic admission, you do not give up being on the current waitlist. Do keep in mind that most people may end up being accepted elsewhere, so there may not actually be as many automatic decisions as one would think.

As far as interviewing applicants after the class has been filled... They have to have a good sized waitlist. All schools do. They are on rolling admissions, which means that some of the early accepted students may get into their #1 choice later. Some of the waitlist will get into their #1 school as well. They simply must have more than necessary to ensure they fill the class. This applies to every school in the nation.

Thank you so much for the info.

Alright, I just start joining this sdn for ten days. I thought I found a good place to get info and we all can peacefully help and encourage each other. Although I never mean what I wrote, I have put myself in that person's position and I think I would be offended as well. But since I take back what I wrote and responsible for it, I already deleted it; it doesn't matter that person accept or expect for that apology or not; I think it is neccessary for me to do so because I have hurt that person's feeling.

I don't think I should post anymore. What I need to write is what I already wrote.

Thank you and Goodluck to everybody. If I am not in, I still have next year but still pray for everyone else.:xf::xf::xf:

Last edited:
Alright, I just start joining this sdn for ten days. I thought I found a good place to get info and we all can peacefully help and encourage each other. Although I never mean what I wrote, I have put myself in that person's position and I think I would be offended as well. But since I take back what I wrote and responsible for it, I already deleted it; it doesn't matter that person accept or expect for that apology or not; I think I neccessary do so because I have hurt that person's feeling.

I don't think I should post anymore. What I need to write is what I already wrote.

Thank you and Goodluck to everybody. If I am not in, I still have next year but still pray for everyone else.:xf::xf::xf:

Please don't go.....people have different interpretations..can't blame them..we will try to help you as much as possible. :thumbup:

I have friends in class of 2011 and they didn't take PCAT

Last edited:
Legit,

Had to put in my 2 cents. Honestly, when I first read your posts I thought you were an A** because it appeared you were making fun of a lot of people and putting them down. But as time went on, I decided that you just have a sarcastic sense of humor (which is good - but it doesn't always come across in writing). Often you''ve been helpful and encouraging to those here and so that made me rethink my first impression. Of course, I'm not here to judge anyone - I'm just telling you what I thought. Most of the time you crack me up but for the uninitiated - they may not always get your jokes. :smuggrin:

Huonguyen,

Hope you stick around because even though this thread sometimes evolves into a "soap opera", this forum is invaluable. If you don't feel comfortable posting for awhile, you can be a "lurker" and learn from others. You may be uncomfortable at the possibility you offended someone but you apologized and it is not a huge deal! You're going to have to learn to communicate more effectively so walking away it not the answer. Is that what a pharmacist would do? I hope you will rethink your decision because 99% of my experience here has been positive.:)

It was part of their admission requirements. Whether it was waived or not by the ADCOM on an individual basis is a completely different matter. Out of curiosity, are your friends from Cali? I could see the ADCOM waiving a PCAT requirement if they applied to all other schools that did not require the PCAT so they didn't take the exam...as long as their other stats were strong.

Last edited:
Alright, I just start joining this sdn for ten days. I thought I found a good place to get info and we all can peacefully help and encourage each other. Although I never mean what I wrote, I have put myself in that person's position and I think I would be offended as well. But since I take back what I wrote and responsible for it, I already deleted it; it doesn't matter that person accept or expect for that apology or not; I think it is neccessary for me to do so because I have hurt that person's feeling.

Dude stick around. You are fine.

It was part of their admission requirements. Whether it was waived or not by the ADCOM on an individual basis is a completely different matter. Out of curiosity, are your friends from Cali? I could see the ADCOM waiving a PCAT requirement if they applied to all other schools that did not require the PCAT so they didn't take the exam...as long as their other stats were strong.

Wes is right. It was a requirement before. I was told me this when I visited over the summer.I was also told that if I was going to apply elsewhere that I should take the PCAT, but that Sullivan was changing the requirements this year and taking the PCAT off the list.

Last edited:
Legit,

But as time went on, I decided that you just have a sarcastic sense of humor (which is good - but it doesn't always come across in writing). Often you''ve been helpful and encouraging to those here and so that made me rethink my first impression. Of course, I'm not here to judge anyone - I'm just telling you what I thought. Most of the time you crack me up but for the uninitiated - they may not always get your jokes. :smuggrin:

Thanks for seeing my sense of humor. I tried to keep this forum alive and interesting. People don't often post in here so Wes, Nervoushabit, and I have to post. I do agree that people do not always get my humor and take things seriously. It is ok to joke around a bit but pharm school is serious stuff. Everyone should be in their best behavior. I don't want to see my classmates get dismissed from school during the first week. This school is all about professionalism and I will show it.

Last edited:
I think every pharm school look at GPA and PCAT scores. Some schools look at your GPA first. Sullivan is an exception because it is a new school. I think a year from now Sullivan and schools in California will require PCAT. The door is closing soon. APPLY NOW!

sullivan used to require PCAT but doesnt any longer. Also, Purdue does not require PCAT and most likely never will.

Last edited:
sullivan used to require PCAT but doesnt any longer. Also, Purdue does not require PCAT and most likely never will.

PCAT is hard but students can do it. I think students should use PCAT as a supplemental to their apps. The test will show how much the students have learned. However, no one could predict the ability of an individual to do well in school.

Well, Purdue will never require the PCAT, mainly because the majority of its PharmD students have previously attended the school. Also, they look at GPA and ECs hardcore.

woww...I did get everyone attention, didn't I? hihi...I am fine, everyone. Thank to Legit, Nervous, Wes, and everyone else. I just think it is better for me because not sure if I have done something wrong. Mistake does happen sometime but she said it wasn't me; I feel much more better now because I really do care what others think and feel. Really, that is me. Their pain is my pain. You may think I am crazy. But well...

I believe everyone has your own circumstances and experiences. However, why I sympathize with other's feeling, I have gone through many the worst event in life; I have lost so many things. Do not need to express more, but just need to tell everybody you all a lot luckier than I am. However, whatever was happened to me, I become more mature in life.

Huonguyen,

Hope you stick around because even though this thread sometimes evolves into a "soap opera", this forum is invaluable. If you don't feel comfortable posting for awhile, you can be a "lurker" and learn from others. You may be uncomfortable at the possibility you offended someone but you apologized and it is not a huge deal! You're going to have to learn to communicate more effectively so walking away it not the answer. Is that what a pharmacist would do? I hope you will rethink your decision because 99% of my experience here has been positive.:)[/QUOTE]

And ForestGump, thanks for caring. But really, "lurker" and learn from others is not what you suppose to tell me. I am not a lurker and we all here need to learn from each other; we all may be on the same boat and never want our boat sink or anybody falling off the boat.

I believe this is a public. There isn't any "lurker" exist in here. If I am a "lurker", I should sneak into your PM and get your info; have I done so? Well, I don't think I have and I will never do so. Besides, she said it wasn't me, so you think I still need to learn to communicate more effectively? Besides, walking away is not good way a pharmacist should do. But I am not a pharmacist; I will be a pharmacist who will need to be trained from school. However, your post affected me to come back. Thank you :rolleyes::)

Last edited:

with 2011 being the first class, it's not something special to see them waiving a person to fill the seats. Remember, it was their first class, they NEED someone to fill the spot, so that doesn't say anything.

with 2011 being the first class, it's not something special to see them waiving a person to fill the seats. Remember, it was their first class, they NEED someone to fill the spot, so that doesn't say anything.

regardless PCAT or not....we all want to be pharmacists. Everyone is on the same level when we all have our PharmD.

Passed the PTCE yesterday! :) Getting my new pcat scores today :) I was hoping to update my transcript with this semester's grades before my interview, but I found out my microbiology final is only three days before my interview. But two out of three additions to my app isn't bad :luck:

Passed the PTCE yesterday! :) Getting my new pcat scores today :) I was hoping to update my transcript with this semester's grades before my interview, but I found out my microbiology final is only three days before my interview. But two out of three additions to my app isn't bad :luck:

Congrats Tristan!!!

Man .. I did miss the episode .. :smuggrin: .. Demand a REPLAY !!! :smuggrin: ..

NervousHabits, I like the way you deal situations w/ a smile - can't beat that :luck: