Sullivan University Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone else confirm that they received this email?
Thanks!

Yes, I received this as well.

In other news, SNOW DAY! :D Sitting at home all day and getting caught up on homework/housework :) :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks so much for replying! I'm just trying to understand the rhyme and reason with this whole process. I'm assuming those who received the email had already interviewed as well.

Enjoy your snowday!

Just passing this forward. I received a packet from SUCOP today in the mail that contains some forms we need to fill out and send in. Expect it in the mail in the next few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I was just accepted to Sullivan not too long ago, and i'm hoping to find a housemate. I'm not trying to spam this site, but most people who are accepted to sullivan participates on this site.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in living with me. I found a place that is within walking distance to the school and the rent is very affordable 425/mo which includes all utilities. 2bd/1ba. washer/dryer hookups. I'm trying to work out a deal with the landlord, i'll update on that.

I'm a female, first year at sullivan, clean, responsible, respectful, and easy-going. I hope to find a professional person who holds the same qualities. Please contact me if your interested: [email protected]

Thank yoU!!

Hi, I was just accepted to Sullivan not too long ago, and i'm hoping to find a housemate. I'm not trying to spam this site, but most people who are accepted to sullivan participates on this site.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in living with me. I found a place that is within walking distance to the school and the rent is very affordable 425/mo which includes all utilities. 2bd/1ba. washer/dryer hookups. I'm trying to work out a deal with the landlord, i'll update on that.

I'm a female, first year at sullivan, clean, responsible, respectful, and easy-going. I hope to find a professional person who holds the same qualities. Please contact me if your interested: [email protected]

Thank yoU!!

I'd suggest checking out the 2013 facebook group for Sullivan CoP and asking there. Only three people have post up in the accepted thread for next year (up in the sticky at the top of the forum), so I'm guessing not that many people in this class are on the site.

Anyone have any luck coming off the waitlist? I'm going to email Paige at the beginning of April to check where I'm at again.

Hi all. I applied here but sent my application in December so the deadline was too close and I was not invited for an interview.
I plan on applying here next year.

I'd like to know the profile of a successful applicant, such as when you turned in your application, your GPA, PCAT, anything's helpful.

I was sad to be denied because it was one of my top choices since it's an accelerated program.

I'm just here to see how to improve for next year. I anticipate my PCAT to be at least 70 since I didn't study the first time but got in the 50's.

Hi Meko, please can you give me the name of the appartments and the address, this sounds good deal. my wife and I will be moving by April. thanks. Also question for every one, has anyone been called by the financial aid office? I was waiting to recieve call from the office for financial aid planning, but I dont have one yet

Hi all. I applied here but sent my application in December so the deadline was too close and I was not invited for an interview.
I plan on applying here next year.

I'd like to know the profile of a successful applicant, such as when you turned in your application, your GPA, PCAT, anything's helpful.

I was sad to be denied because it was one of my top choices since it's an accelerated program.

I'm just here to see how to improve for next year. I anticipate my PCAT to be at least 70 since I didn't study the first time but got in the 50's.

I am an accepted student at SUCOP Class of 2013. I am 31 years of age, have a degree in chemistry, zero experience as a pharmacy technician, 9 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry as an AD chemist and on the sales side. I graduated undergrad from Bellarmine University (3.39 GPA) which is a very good private school in Louisville, KY. Went to UofL for semester in their chemistry graduate program, left with a 3.70 GPA. Did not take the PCAT, as it is optional at SUCOP and this was the only pharmacy school program that had my interest. Due to the rolling admission process, the key is to get your application in early, I believe they started accepting applications on 7/15 and I had mine mailed by the end of July. The send out a mass mailing of people they are inviting for an interview, so you need to call ASAP when you get that email.

I am an accepted student at SUCOP Class of 2013. I am 31 years of age, have a degree in chemistry, zero experience as a pharmacy technician, 9 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry as an AD chemist and on the sales side. I graduated undergrad from Bellarmine University (3.39 GPA) which is a very good private school in Louisville, KY. Went to UofL for semester in their chemistry graduate program, left with a 3.70 GPA. Did not take the PCAT, as it is optional at SUCOP and this was the only pharmacy school program that had my interest. Due to the rolling admission process, the key is to get your application in early, I believe they started accepting applications on 7/15 and I had mine mailed by the end of July. The send out a mass mailing of people they are inviting for an interview, so you need to call ASAP when you get that email.

Don't let Wes's post influence your actions. The truth is only the cool kids get in ;) and that's why I'm waitlisted :(

question regarding the packet that the school sent home..since i still have yet purchase my health insurantce, can i go ahead and turn in the 4 forms that the packet stated and then turn in the insurance proof at orientation or so? also, what about the financial aid package...what do i do with that? please help :(

question regarding the packet that the school sent home..since i still have yet purchase my health insurantce, can i go ahead and turn in the 4 forms that the packet stated and then turn in the insurance proof at orientation or so? also, what about the financial aid package...what do i do with that? please help :(

well, I've sent my 4 forms to the office already and I will submit the proof of insurance later b4 the due date posted. As for the financial aid packets, fill out what you and turn it in to the financial aid office if you want to speed up the process for the loan.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you know if you need to take out Direct PLus loan? or should we should fill out everything and then decline later?

Has anybody been contacted by Financial Planning to start the loan process?

I filled out everything in my packet. I'm fairly certain that a few people have been contacted about financial aid, but considering that I have just sent in my packet, I don't think I will be getting that call for a while, seeing as they have to process everything and then review each case individually.

Sorry for the long hiatus! How's it going, guys?

I'd suggest checking out the 2013 facebook group for Sullivan CoP and asking there. Only three people have post up in the accepted thread for next year (up in the sticky at the top of the forum), so I'm guessing not that many people in this class are on the site.

Anyone have any luck coming off the waitlist? I'm going to email Paige at the beginning of April to check where I'm at again.
Sorry, i didn't get a chance to reply. there's so many paperwork to be filled, and i had a run in with bad postal service. so, it took longer than expected. I was on the waitlist for half a month but then bumped up. I got the acceptance letter thereafter. it was really exciting. Now i'm just so nervous about school. i heard the first year is really hard. Does anyone know if we buy our own books or they sell them to us?

oh, by the way, i was at the facebook forum weeks ago asking some simple questions, but they were unresponsive... thats why i went on sdn because everyones a lot friendlier.

Last edited:
sullivan is making their failing students to do a four year programs :confused:, no uproar yet, this will not look good from acpe :rolleyes:

sullivan is making their failing students to do a four year programs :confused:, no uproar yet, this will not look good from acpe :rolleyes:

This is not uncommon. The national average for failure in pharmacy schools is around 8%. So schools make you repeat the classes instead of kicking you out completely.

This is not uncommon. The national average for failure in pharmacy schools is around 8%. So schools make you repeat the classes instead of kicking you out completely.

It is guarantee that not all of the students will graduate at the same time. It is obvious that there are many reason that they've accepted more students than what was projected, and using Darwin's theory -- stability :thumbdown:

"Promises made...Promises broken"

Last edited:
It is guarantee that not all of the students will graduate at the same time. It is obvious that there are many reason that they've accepted more students than what was projected, and using Darwin's theory -- stability :thumbdown:

Pharmacy school is not easy. A three year program is accelerated. Maybe people should have looked for a more traditional program instead of a rigorous accelerated program. Besides, don't you think it is better that some students go on a 4 year program than being kicked out of school all together. How much would that suck to be 2 years worth of tuition into their program and then failed out completely. Think of having $80K worth of loans to repay without having a high paying job to do that.

Are you enrolled at SUCOP? If not, you're speculating. If so, you're not telling your whole story. Either way, your post is not constructive criticism, its just slander.

Pharmacy school is not easy. A three year program is accelerated. Maybe people should have looked for a more traditional program instead of a rigorous accelerated program. Besides, don't you think it is better that some students go on a 4 year program than being kicked out of school all together. How much would that suck to be 2 years worth of tuition into their program and then failed out completely. Think of having $80K worth of loans to repay without having a high paying job to do that.

I agree. If people aren't passing the curriculum, they should be thrilled they have the opportunity to make another attempt. It is not a privilege to get a pharm d just because you were accepted and pay tuition.

In other news, a year ago tomorrow was the first SDN post of SUCOP's waitlist moving for last year. This is the season where dreams come true :love::xf:

wow, good for you and too darn bad for them, another Darwinian or sullivan mindset! :laugh:

wow, good for you and too darn bad for them, another Darwinian or sullivan mindset! :laugh:

Of course I have a Darwinian mindset. I am a scientist after all (degree in chemistry).

I have never believed that you are entitled to luxuries in life. Just because one goes to class, tries hard, and pays tuition does not guarantee you the PharmD. SUCOP wouldn't be doing the medical community any favors being simply a diploma mill. Also, I don't want a tainted reputation because I graduated from a particular school that just passed a certain student that performs terribly at rotations. At the end of the day, those people only hurt the patients we are all working so diligently to help/protect.

Last edited:
hahaha i think u must failed a lot of classes. Why do you care about Sullivan so much? you probably got pissed off after being rejected from this school. :laugh:

wow, what ass umptions you have there bud, sorry if the truth hurts your ego

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
According to the Sullivan University College of Pharmacy Student Handbook, if someone fails a class, then during the break you have a remediation attempt. If the student fails to earn a 70% in the coursework during remediation then they fail and have to retake.

I think this is the correct approach to take. You get a chance at redemption prior to failing and if you can't grasp the material that time around then maybe you need to be re-introduced to prior years material before you continue.

According to the Sullivan University College of Pharmacy Student Handbook, if someone fails a class, then during the break you have a remediation attempt. If the student fails to earn a 70% in the coursework during remediation then they fail and have to retake.

I think this is the correct approach to take. You get a chance at redemption prior to failing and if you can't grasp the material that time around then maybe you need to be re-introduced to prior years material before you continue.

Just to be clear....re-introduced ===> repeat a year; Sullivan is making student to repeat a year as you are blogging right now with assumption (think, maybe, etc....), ....

no connection? :p

Last edited:
Just to be clear....re-introduced ===> repeat a year; Sullivan is making student to repeat a year as you are blogging right now with assumption (think, maybe, etc....), ....

no connection? :p

Thanks for clarifying, and that is exactly what I thought it meant. That is how it should be.

has anyone that is on the alternate list hear anything back???

Hello,
has anyone recieved the orientation package yet?

How's everyone doing w/ the preparation for Medical Terminology test? :D

Anyone know when the application for 2011 enrollment starts?

The website says June 2010 the application link will be available. Last year I'm 99% sure applications began to be accepted on July 15th.

Do you know what day though? I'm really eager to get started right away. I already forwarded my official transcripts.

You can find the application on the website now :0) Gluck to all!