Stupid Questions/FAQ Thread 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how aadcoms view each applicants DAT score (the order of the section) and GPA?

I found a .pdf on "Instructions for Admissions Committees" for the AADSAS portal earlier this year but I can't seem to find it again. Does anyone know how they see our applications?

Members don't see this ad.

My question: Would a letter from a math professor count as a non-science LOR?

My Q:
Does it look bad if I take classes for the same term at different schools?
Im doing informal postbac and I'm hunting for classes and adding for the availability there is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone seeing anything under "School Decisions" on AADSAS?

The threads from last year indicate that applicants could see schools under that category.

If a school asks for your social insurance number, this means they can check your credit history and everything right? So I guess this weighs applicants in favour/disfavor of their socioeconomic status....? =/

If a school asks for your social insurance number, this means they can check your credit history and everything right? So I guess this weighs applicants in favour/disfavor of their socioeconomic status....? =/

Did they ask for your social insurance number or social security number? I don't know if American schools can get access to your Canadian financial information.

Oops, I didn't realize there's a difference between SIN and SSN. Well, I only have the SIN so that's what I included in one of my applications. I'm not in financial trouble and I wouldn't mind if schools looked at my records, so I was just wondering. I don't think I have an SSN....

Question: If I took the DAT twice, will schools receive both sets of scores? And do you think they take both into account?

Question: If I took the DAT twice, will schools receive both sets of scores? And do you think they take both into account?

They receive both sets of scores. Depends on school, some take the better score, some take the most recent scores, etc.

-Filling out ASDOH's secondary is making me nervous...I had heard about how much they want students who did community service/volunteer work but how many hours is usually an acceptable amount?

-This is probably not a good question to be asking pre-dents but I've heard that USC is a school that will weigh you down with a lifetime of debt. I'm reconsidering sending in my secondary check to them and just forgetting about USC completely. Does anyone know where I can find out some straightforward and unbiased information on the quality of their program and how bad the cost of going to USC is compared to other schools?

I don't have facts to answer your question directly. I did have a classmate who's father graduated from USC. Her oldest sibling is attending USC and she is attempting to get into there as well. If that debt was impossible to get out and the program was bad, I don't think the father would have encouraged his kids to go there.

ATSU prereqs include 3 SEMESTERS of physiology? and 3 semesters of English?
my university has physiology and anatomy I,II together and lower division, would that count for two semesters of physiology, and I have to take a third physiology?
does A&P have to be upper division?

I think they meant 3 semester hours/units, rather than 3 different classes.

I'm also wondering about this question.. I'm pretty sure that I won't have over half of the blanks filled up.

yanqin4.jpg
yanqin2.jpg
yanqin3.jpg

Last edited:
If i added a new LOR after i completed my application, will this send me back to the end of the pile/list?