Stewart University Med Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Shhhhh don't say that!!

Come on guys...with so many pre-meds on SDN, somebody just go to the address and take pictures!

Members don't see this ad.

I think this thread is slowly losing its momentum...especially with the Stewarts videos being taken down from youtube...

He doesn't have time for videos, he's been updating the school's catalog:

"This registration form/enrollment agreement is a legally
binding instrument when signed by the student and accepted
by Stewart University, Inc. Any written contract or agreement
signed by a prospective student shall not become operative
until the student attends the first class or session of
instruction, with exception of student behaviors that are
either disruptive, threatening, harassing, or damaging to
Stewart University, Inc."

"The January 2007 semester payment deadline
is delayed until loan approvals are finalized."

"Stewart University offers a closed campus environment.
‘Walk-On-Tours’ of the campus are not available. Students
are not allowed to bring visitors on the campus. We are not an
undergraduate school with an open campus that allows any
individual, at any time, to come on campus, be disruptive
and/or, speak with whom every they want at any time.
Security guards will remove unauthorized visitors.
Stewart University is a professional graduate school. We
protect the privacy of our students and staff. The location of
the classes is confidential prior to the opening of the main
campus, and not releasable by students to anyone."

so they plan to have a class of 600 people, and all of them will keep it a secret?

Members don't see this ad :)
Highlights from the Stewart University catalog:

"The first four semesters of Stewart University medical school
basic science classes are conducted in locations contained
either outside the U.S. or within foreign nation consulate or
embassy compounds."

Its admissions office is located in Los Gatos, CA

"The Admissions Committee for the Stewart University – New
Scotland International School of Medicine does not find
letters of recommendation to be very informative regarding
a students potential to practice medicine, and feels that any
requirement to submit letters of recommendation is time
unnecessarily time consuming for academic professors and
delays the overall admissions process. No letters of
recommendation are required for admission to Stewart
University."

"Applicants can be interviewed over the phone or in person.
Many applicants are provisionally accepted based on the
contents of their application and unofficial transcripts alone."

"The use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is not
permitted on Stewart University grounds or at Stewart
University functions."

"Students are expected to attend and participate fully in all
scheduled classes, lectures, laboratory sessions and
exercises, and conferences and examinations during the
Basic Science segment. Unexcused absences, and /or, non
participation in a course can negatively affect the final grade.
In some courses – particularly those in which sequential
skills are taught, if a student does not attend all sessions,
arrangements must be made with the course instructor to
make up missed sessions."

Followed later by:
"Attendance is optional and at the student’s discretion. No
record of attendance is taken or maintained.

All quotes are: Copyright © Stewart University – 2006-2008 All Rights Reserved and taken from http://stewartmed.org/documents/SU_catalog2008.pdf which was a free link off the main page at stewartmed.org. All rights remains with Stewart University

Yes. At orientation they show you the movie "Marathon Man" as a way to encourage you not to open your yap.

I would think the embarassment of knowing that they have been duped will keep them quiet.

I would think the embarassment of knowing that they have been duped will keep them quiet.

:laugh: Then again, Saul doesn't seem to have a problem identifying himself as a Stewie U "student" :rolleyes:

:laugh: Then again, Saul doesn't seem to have a problem identifying himself as a Stewie U "student" :rolleyes:

Misery loves company.

Congrats on UT-H, by the way! Their facilities are amazing.

Misery loves company.

Congrats on UT-H, by the way! Their facilities are amazing.

Thanks! Yea, the TMC is absolutely ridiculous. Did you end up accepting that WashU invite? I read the other thread for a bit...hmmm, probably shoulda posted this over there, hah.

OK, I'm done hijacking the thread. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Also the stewart web page now has a link for "known falsehoods" under info

Its still blank, but I can't wait to see what kind of propoganda is going to be written there.

Please refrain from posting/listing complete links to anyones personal website (i.e. myspace, personal facebook profiles, etc.). Feel free to link to a school's website but please refrain from posting materials that invade someone's personal privacy.

Thanks.

Please refrain from posting/listing complete links to anyones personal website (i.e. myspace, personal facebook profiles, etc.). Feel free to link to a school's website but please refrain from posting materials that invade someone's personal privacy.

Thanks.

Just curious, but how is referencing something that has been posted on a public web site, with access open to anyone, which shows up as a search result for 'stewartmed' on Google, a violation of someone's personal privacy?

It seems that if you post something on the web and make it available to everyone, you've abdicated all claim to privacy you may have had.

Just curious, but how is referencing something that has been posted on a public web site, with access open to anyone, which shows up as a search result for 'stewartmed' on Google, a violation of someone's personal privacy?

It seems that if you post something on the web and make it available to everyone, you've abdicated all claim to privacy you may have had.

I understand your concerns, but just because you googled something doesn't mean everyone else googled it. Just b/c that account is associated with the school doesn't mean it isn't his personal account. That does not belong on SDN, which is why the links to the ValueMD mod's myspace were deleted and why the links to the Stewart U student's myspace will be deleted.

Its still blank, but I can't wait to see what kind of propoganda is going to be written there.

Saul is NOT wearing a wig. It is real human hair.

We ARE a medical school. Pinky promise.

I kind of like that it is blank ... like they are admitting they actually do not know anything at all

if you scroll over INFO on the website, it also has "accredIAtion. :laugh:

if you scroll over INFO on the website, it also has "accredIAtion. :laugh:

It's a legal loophole.

It allows them to say "we are fully accrediated" without having to admit that they are, in fact, not accredited.

They are counting on you suckas thinking it's just a typo.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

but i think it's accredited.

Thanks! I am the worst and drive my wife crazy. She is the right brained one of the family.

I see you made a decision. Congrats!

Love your sig reference too.

houston doesn't touch africa. i went out at 6 am a few times and felt like my skin was burning.

I have never been to Africa. Spent a year in Afghanistan, but was at a base elevation of a mile so it wasn't too bad (the heat that is).

I have never been to Africa. Spent a year in Afghanistan, but was at a base elevation of a mile so it wasn't too bad (the heat that is).

Cue Stewie U rep claiming this is evidence that SDN is affiliated with Al-Qaeda in 3..2..

I am ready for you Saul!!!

storm-trooper-lingerie.jpg

I just stumbled upon this thread tonight, and have read almost every page. Up until this point, I had been laughing so hard that my sides hurt - but now that I have gotten to this particular post...I think I just wet myself.

You guys are amazing. :thumbup:

administering CPR to this thread ... commence compressions 1 .. 2 .. 3.. 4.....

A few years ago there was a pharmacy school called HICP. Short story: a pharmacy school opened up in Hawaii sometime around 2004. Promised eventual accreditation, about 240 students decided to take the plunge. Going into the second half of the school year, the school began to fall apart. Teachers and students began leaving. The school didn't get accreditation, and the state shut it down.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=172613&highlight=hicp

Nevermind this post.

Is that Justin Timberlake right behind you?

Justin_Timberlake_2005_Cale.jpg

This is hilarious. TRA, send this to US Weekly or People and you won't have to worry about those student loans anymore.

Anyway, since I like to give back to the thread that's given me so much over the past few months, here's a snack for y'all. The podiatrist quoted in the testimonials was disciplined by the Ohio medical board for "ordering and ingesting" samples of Ambien, without keeping any records of said Class IV controlled substance. Before the gods/mods descend on me, this is public information which can be found with a Google search -- of course, you'd have to know the podiatrists name first. By no means should you click on SiddharthaMonk's link on the previous page or go to the Stewart website's testimonials page to find it out for youself.

Oh and also with regards to that page, 'Dominion University' doesn't exist, so if 'Janet M Kircher' is teaching there, we should probably clue her in before she invests too much intellectual capital. Also, she may be interested to know that she shares a name with the great Athanasius Kircher, a 17th-century German scholar of the Jesuit faith, noted for his works in the fields of geology, Oriental studies and (GASP!) medicine.

It's OLD Dominion. Wonder if Stewie U knew that.

Perhaps, but I went to school closeby, at William & Mary, and I never heard anyone slang it as 'Dominion' -- just ODU. But man, I am really tempted to call that podiatrist and ask him about the chancellor.

I don't recognize that picture. This Dr. Pepel must be a new addition. She seems like a real ethical character. As far as I can deduce she isn't licensed to practice medicine in the US, aside from her licensing as a naturopath. She is "interested" in naturopathic dermatology... hmmm, I think she in what is probably the most lucrative of the NP hustles. Outstanding addition to the Stewart U faculty!

Healing manifesto of Dr Pepel: http://drpepelfamilypractice.com/pages/sixsteps.html