Step Studying During Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barsoum.michael

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im currently in my first year and I would like advice on how to study tailored more towards step throughout my classes during first and second year. Right now Im doing Kaplan and Rx and I'm learning a lot on how multiple disciplines are connected although I get a lot wrong.

What would be the best use of my time? I plan to review all the organ systems I learned in M1 during the summer and maybe get started on the uworld blocks for those sections.

Members don't see this ad.

Only study for classes until 6 months before dedicated board study time. Don't waste your q-banks 2 years before Step 1, there are plenty of free resources out there for practice questions during 1st year.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the reply!

How would you suggest studying for step while in class then? Would it be better to do a question bank(s) besides uworld to get a feel for the style of questions?

Only study for classes until 6 months before dedicated board study time. Don't waste your q-banks 2 years before Step 1, there are plenty of free resources out there for practice questions during 1st year.

-Find out if your school provides you with access to any question banks i.e. boardvitals or exam masters (check with your library)
-Use anki or another spaced repetition program. I dreaded flashcards when I tried to use Bros, but I'm able to make myself keep up with a small deck of flashcards (Soze's)
-Look through FA for the system you're studying to see what is emphasized
-If I could go back to first year I would start using Boards and Beyond asap
-I reviewed bugs and drugs a little over the summer and don't regret it but also wouldn't study more. Enjoy your summer!

*I'm only an MS2

Boards and Beyond is the best resource to use if you have no knowledge base to study for Step 1 because it is pretty comprehensive and doesn't assume you know everything like Pathoma sometimes does and how Sketchy always does.